Medications Donated

Patsy Warnick

Medications Donated

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Has anyone heard of any organization / agency accepting medications.

I have some medications and with the prices of meds I'd prefer to donate them to help. I haven't started searching/calling around - I was thinking of starting with the Red Cross and the Lions Club, hopefully someone will know of a local agency.

Anyone heard of this? Any suggestions?

Patsy
CARLA

Medications Donated

Post by CARLA »

Patsy here is a link to a site.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2051972_donate- ... drugs.html

It give details on how to go about it. Understand that donating in the United States can be difficult. Due to legal issues regarding drug donations, many recycled medications are taken overseas to be redistributed.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

Medications Donated

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Carla

Thanks - I know I heard of a agency in California collecting meds for the needy etc.

I hoping there's a local agency near by.

Thank you again for the link.

I plan on checking with a few local phamacy's too.

Patsy
Accountable

Medications Donated

Post by Accountable »

Wow, I'm surprised a service like this is available. I'd think that doctors would be wary of meds that have been outside of any controls. It should be difficult to determine efficacy, a new expiration date, etc.

I'm glad to see that. Meds are too expensive to flush down the toilet when someone else can use them.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”