Scotland's banknotes 'under threat in Treasury shake-up'

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Do you think Gordon Brown and alastair darling sit down and see if they can think of things to help the SNP get votes at the next election?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotlan ... 3739567.jp
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

gmc;770997 wrote: Do you think Gordon Brown and alastair darling AD sit down and see if they can think of things to help the SNP get votes at the b=next election?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotlan ... 3739567.jp YES they are committed to breaking up the United Kingdom. Why don't you British Scots come and get them and introduce them to Nessy.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

No one will accept the damn'd things down here :-(
gmc

Post by gmc »

twizzel;771027 wrote: YES they are committed to breaking up the United Kingdom. Why don't you British Scots come and get them and introduce them to Nessy.

I have a soft spot for them both. It's bog in a very isolated part of the highlands.
twizzel

Post by twizzel »

gmc;771147 wrote: I have a soft spot for them both. It's bog in a very isolated part of the highlands. That sounds good to me
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

It's another bloody con. This arose because the UK is skint. The UK Treasury wants to require the Scottish clearing banks lodge the equivalent of the amount they have in circulation (in Scotland) in the coffers of the Bank of England.

This might help:-

The real reason why the Treasury wants the Scottish banks to lodge funds with the bank of England for 7 days a week is that Britain is in serious financial trouble. When Neu Liebour came into power in 1997, the UK was in surplus. In December 2007 the UK had a total deficit of £544 Billions. This is one of many desperate measures to prevent the economy going into deficit, measures I believe will ultimately fail. I received an e-mail yesterday from my professional association warning me that the treasury had removed the base tax relief enjoyed by pensioners on their small occupational pensions. On average pensioners will have to stump up an average of £600 each and as this is now going to be backdated to 2007, they will have to find £1,200 on April 5th. Absolutely disgusting all to raise £132 Millions when this Government wastes £110 BILLIONS! Each year. Golden is in charge of the most wasteful, incompetent and corrupt Government in the history of the UK and that takes some beating.

BTW Twizzel, ther is no such thing as a "British Scot" unless you're thinking of GB and his like.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....

Return to “Scotland”