Medical Grass

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Medical Grass

Post by RedGlitter »

I saw this cartoon and immediately thought of Mitt Romney and that video of him blowing off the cerebral palsy victim who asked him if he'd support medical marijuana.

What do you guys think about this issue? For? Against? Don't care? Would a candidate's take on it affect your vote either way?

History buff

Medical Grass

Post by History buff »

RedGlitter;758716 wrote: I saw this cartoon and immediately thought of Mitt Romney and that video of him blowing off the cerebral palsy victim who asked him if he'd support medical marijuana.

What do you guys think about this issue? For? Against? Don't care? Would a candidate's take on it affect your vote either way?

I do not advocate MJ as recreational, however, for medicinal purposes, it should be permitted, IMO, under a doctor's order/prescription etc.

It would not change my view as far as voting for them whether they supported it or not.

The USSC has aleady ruled against the state scantioned laws permitting use of MJ as medicinal, still in violation of the controlled substances act, so the advocation of it, to answer a voter, is simply to appease.
ilona17

Medical Grass

Post by ilona17 »

I personally think it should be allowed to be used for medical purposes.

It has been proven that it helps and I have seen it for my self.

My Uncle suffers from MS and it helps him greatly.

After all i guess i'm kind of open minded.

But it's a plant that grows, Hardly like Cocaine or something like that.

And if it relieves pain and helps make life more barable for people who really need it then go for it.
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]
Galbally

Medical Grass

Post by Galbally »

Yes I would be definetly in favour of it for medicinal, also to be honest for recreational, though that is trickier to do and I understand why. Just one other point, Cocaine is actually a naturally derived compound as well, as is heroin, and crack, and anything based on opiates or alkaloids. The synthetic ones are things like LSD and MDMA etc etc.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
sunny104

Medical Grass

Post by sunny104 »

Galbally;758758 wrote: Yes I would be definetly in favour of it for medicinal, also to be honest for recreational, though that is trickier to do and I understand why. Just one other point, Cocaine is actually a naturally derived compound as well, as is heroin, and crack, and anything based on opiates or alkaloids. The synthetic ones are things like LSD and MDMA etc etc.

me, too! :-6
YZGI

Medical Grass

Post by YZGI »

Ever time I look at this thread title I see Mardi Gras. Then I re-read it and read Medical Grass. I suppose there is a connection.:D

I think the lettuce should be at the very least de-criminalized.
yaaarrrgg

Medical Grass

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Kinda weird too that cocaine is legal for medical purposes. Go figure.
RedGlitter

Medical Grass

Post by RedGlitter »

yaaarrrgg;758869 wrote: Kinda weird too that cocaine is legal for medical purposes. Go figure.

It is? Where?? :confused:
grh

Medical Grass

Post by grh »

I've never understood why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. Probably because it's harder to collect sales tax on something you can grow in your back yard:thinking:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Medical Grass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

grh;758874 wrote: I've never understood why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. Probably because it's harder to collect sales tax on something you can grow in your back yard:thinking:

As opposed to something you can brew in your kitchen?
RedGlitter

Medical Grass

Post by RedGlitter »

I'd like to see grass available for anyone who wants it, medical or not, with an age requirement. People need a way to escape or we wouldn't have booze, so what's the difference? Ideally I'd say that about all drugs but that may be opening a whole kettle of fish with multiple ramifications. I'll just support grass for the time being.
yaaarrrgg

Medical Grass

Post by yaaarrrgg »

RedGlitter;758872 wrote: It is? Where?? :confused:

It's used in nasal surgery in the U.S., or at least used to be.
drumbunny1

Medical Grass

Post by drumbunny1 »

My personal opinion is that it should be legalized....you never read about people shooting each other or robbing each other because they were stoned off pot! Ofcourse it makes you lazy and all that stuff, but alcohol makes you do stuff you normally wouldn't do! Also if we legalized it and put the tax money and man work into something like busting crack dealers, child molestors, whatever else instead of wasting it on incarcerating people who got caught with a bag of pot.

On a side note, I bet if we made alcohol illegal our population of unplanned pregnancy would go down!;)
abbey

Medical Grass

Post by abbey »

Grass is legally sold in the youth centres and cafe bars in Holland without problems.
Clint

Medical Grass

Post by Clint »

I’ve seen people destroyed by prescription narcotics when I think marijuana would have be much better for them. It’s so badly stigmatized the good it can do is ignored.

I have glaucoma and I wonder sometimes if the marijuana wouldn’t be better than watching my eye change color from the drops I pay an exorbitant price for.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
mrsK

Medical Grass

Post by mrsK »

I am for it medical & recreational as long as there would be an age limit.

How you do that I don't know ,because it can't be done with alcohol.:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
History buff

Medical Grass

Post by History buff »

grh;758874 wrote: I've never understood why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.

That, of course, is the age old argument. I am though "far" from an authority on sumptuary laws abroad or even in the US here.

I don't know if you live in the states here, we have alot of foreign posters, but by Constitutional Amendment, Prohibition was ratified, then repealed, so the manufacture of alchohol is legal, but was not for many years.

The demand increased the supply, illegal or not, and it reached a point where there was a governmental consensus that Prohibition was NOT working, hence it was repealed.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Medical Grass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

History buff;759089 wrote: That, of course, is the age old argument. I am though "far" from an authority on sumptuary laws abroad or even in the US here.

I don't know if you live in the states here, we have alot of foreign posters, but by Constitutional Amendment, Prohibition was ratified, then repealed, so the manufacture of alchohol is legal, but was not for many years.

The demand increased the supply, illegal or not, and it reached a point where there was a governmental consensus that Prohibition was NOT working, hence it was repealed.

So why is that example not applied to the drugs that are currently under prohibition?
ilona17

Medical Grass

Post by ilona17 »

In holland it is legal & has an age limit.

That still doesn't stop people from having their own huge plantations in their attic and smoking & selling it to other people.

My friends dad used to have a whole attic full of the stuff and sold it cheaper then most of the places where you could buy weed.

I find weed totally harmless in an adults hands who is mature enough to know that it's very different to other drugs and use it responsibly.

Weed can effect people who use it to much, as i've seen it personally.

No they don't go out and shoot someone or anything extreme like that, but they don't want to do anything apart from hang around and eat food.

Don't want to get a job, Don't want to go to school stuff like that.
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]
Clint

Medical Grass

Post by Clint »

rjwould;759133 wrote: So, give it a try and see...

I hadn't thought that one through till you mentioned it. Because it's illegal the people I associate with either don't use it or don't say they do. If I decided I wanted to try it I wouldn't know how to get it.:yh_angel
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Mystery

Medical Grass

Post by Mystery »

Totally against it. Although, my view may be different from others as I work explicitly with drug addicts and have seen the affects of all drugs, including marijuana, on the life of an addict and the lives of those who love them.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Medical Grass

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mystery;759321 wrote: Totally against it. Although, my view may be different from others as I work explicitly with drug addicts and have seen the affects of all drugs, including marijuana, on the life of an addict and the lives of those who love them.

The question there is what percentage of users suffer addiction and / or mental health problems and therefore come into your arena. This could them be compared to the percentage for, say, alcohol users and with the percentage of the general population suffering from these problems to see how big an effect marijuana has in both relative and absolute terms.
History buff

Medical Grass

Post by History buff »

Bryn Mawr;759232 wrote: So why is that example not applied to the drugs that are currently under prohibition?

You got me on that one my friend!
YZGI

Medical Grass

Post by YZGI »

[quote=rjwould;759676]For a culture who wants to find problems and define them as those who chose behaviors other than the approved behaviors, addiction is the problem, not drugs. People with addictions have to learn to accept and cohabitate with their addictive side, rather than deny it and blame what it is they are satisfying the addiction with.

Most people, if not all have an addictive personality to some degree, the difference is what they use to occupy it. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex. work, cigarettes, food, exercise, interfering in others lives and so on..[/quote]

You forgot Religion.:D

Return to “General Chit Chat”