How to begin moving forward

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
changinglanes

Post by changinglanes »

I don't know how to move forward after cutting ties with family who continue to harrass me online, emails, texts, messages, cyber stalking and any other means. I never reply but what they say cuts like a knife in one's soul even defaming my deceased one. The slander and and false statements are hurting my reputation and I have done nothing to deserve this.

People, friends and my immediate family are outraged. They want me to sue to end it. I don't know what to do. I just want peace and move forward.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Get a new email, a new phone number, a new online "identity."

If that doesn't work, get restraining orders against each one.
changinglanes

Post by changinglanes »

Thanks, it will be costly but well worth it. Also, have a very dear friend in OH who works in the courts and is having a lawyer send letters in my behalf to family members warning of further slander and so on or they will sued.

Praying it works. I'm exhausted.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

RedGlitter;752970 wrote: Get a new email, a new phone number, a new online "identity."

If that doesn't work, get restraining orders against each one.

Ditto...Ditto.......That's all you can do short of leaving the country and assuming a new identity...and I'm sure you don't want to do that.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
changinglanes

Post by changinglanes »

I could also ignore and never respond to them. They are just trying to transfer their misery onto me. With me out of the equation eventually they will turn on each other. They crave drama and the need to hurt someone.

Then when it happens I can just softly say to myself "There is a God".

Thanks I'm feeling much better today and you all have been wonderful.

I am lucky.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

changinglanes;752964 wrote: I don't know how to move forward after cutting ties with family who continue to harrass me online, emails, texts, messages, cyber stalking and any other means. I never reply but what they say cuts like a knife in one's soul even defaming my deceased one. The slander and and false statements are hurting my reputation and I have done nothing to deserve this.

People, friends and my immediate family are outraged. They want me to sue to end it. I don't know what to do. I just want peace and move forward.

I would say just take each day at a time . Getting over a bereavment is different for each person and cutting your family off may seem like another, but by the sounds of it - you really do need to do it to enable you to move on with your life. Good luck :-6.

Then i would say;

Start by changing your mobile number and simply don't read the emails . Nothing gets to people more than being ignored . Then be a success in every thing you do.

All the best :-6:-6
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

changinglanes;753510 wrote: I could also ignore and never respond to them.
That's right. The saying goes "power means not having to respond."
changinglanes

Post by changinglanes »

Any emails from them go straight to spam folder and are deleted now. I just keep my cell off since I am always home these days. I have a landline and machine picks up after 2nd ring so I never answer it. I just return calls so long as it isn't them.

When it intially sunk in not having extended family it hurt but after I discussed it in therapy and the role each member played in sequence I realized I was not lossing anything at all, I was gaining freedom and control. Also it helped when I was told the way I am feeling is perfectly normal.

Reminds me of a quote by George Carlin I really like because it's so true.

"The planet is fine. It's the people who are F**ked up."
minks

Post by minks »

changinglanes;753731 wrote: Any emails from them go straight to spam folder and are deleted now. I just keep my cell off since I am always home these days. I have a landline and machine picks up after 2nd ring so I never answer it. I just return calls so long as it isn't them.

When it intially sunk in not having extended family it hurt but after I discussed it in therapy and the role each member played in sequence I realized I was not lossing anything at all, I was gaining freedom and control. Also it helped when I was told the way I am feeling is perfectly normal.

Reminds me of a quote by George Carlin I really like because it's so true.

"The planet is fine. It's the people who are F**ked up."

good on you for standing your ground, eventually people get tired of those who do not respond to their badgering. Keep it up, you should be proud of yourself.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Bereaved People”