Vw

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

This might sound vague, inept and slightly retarded but why change now ?

I cant find a diagram to show because I dont know the name of the thing I need.

Its a VW Jetta lV 4cyl.

Its the thing that the oil filter screws into. It has a couple of hoses coming out of it. Its right behind the radiator and the dual fans. Anyone have a clue ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
grh

Vw

Post by grh »

:wah::-4rjwould;745331 wrote: The oil filter usually screws into the engine block..:)
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
spot

Vw

Post by spot »

Seriously Nomie, that's all I could think of too. The word you're looking for is engine.

If the Jetta's really peculiar, take your camera to it and show us the gory detail.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Vw

Post by CARLA »

Ditto Nomie its called the engine block. Unless your actually talking about the Oil sump and pump assembly.:-3 I use to work on my sisters 72 VW Bug with my Dad. The newer ones are a different beast.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

:wah:

Ok right well its not the engine block smarty pants-es.

Its a seperate entity. Ill take a pic tomorrow.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

Vw

Post by Peg »

Oil filter housing?
spot

Vw

Post by spot »

It's a VW for goodness sake Peg - they'd call those shanties.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Vw

Post by YZGI »

It's probably an oil filter adapter. The hoses are for running the oil through the radiator making it an oil cooler.
CARLA

Vw

Post by CARLA »

Like I said Oil Pump Assembly AKA Oil Filter Adapter... :wah::wah:

[QUOTE]Ok right well its not the engine block smarty pants-es.

Its a seperate entity. Ill take a pic tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

Isnt that the saddest thing you have ever seen ?

I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Vw

Post by CARLA »

Cool picture Nomie. :D Whats wrong with that filter thingy??? look pretty good to me.. :D Are you sure its leaking out of the "Oil Thingy"???
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;745981 wrote: Cool picture Nomie. :D Whats wrong with that filter thingy??? look pretty good to me.. :D

So thats what it is then ? A thingy ?

Ive got oil droplets.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Vw

Post by CARLA »

Tighten it. :p How olds is the car all VW's leak Oil its a given.. ;)

[QUOTE]So thats what it is then ? A thingy ?

Ive got oil droplets.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

YZGI

Vw

Post by YZGI »

If it is leaking it could be one of the lines. I see those lines leak all the time. If it is coming from the adapter it might just need new "O" rings installed.
spot

Vw

Post by spot »

Daft bugger that's the air freshener cartridge, it's meant to have a slow drip. That's oil of lemon, not car oil!
Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;746009 wrote: Tighten it. :p How olds is the car all VW's leak Oil its a given.. ;)

Yes they do.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

YZGI;746033 wrote: If it is leaking it could be one of the lines. I see those lines leak all the time. If it is coming from the adapter it might just need new "O" rings installed.

I guess Ill just have to get in there and look around. My head keeps getting stuck though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Vw

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl There you go Nomie. I'm gonna get one installed on my new Honda Civic.. ;)

[QUOTE]Daft bugger that's the air freshener cartridge, it's meant to have a slow drip. That's oil of lemon, not car oil![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

YZGI

Vw

Post by YZGI »

Nomad;746038 wrote: I guess Ill just have to get in there and look around. My head keeps getting stuck though.
I reckon thats a good thing..:wah:
Nomad

Vw

Post by Nomad »

YZGI;746041 wrote: I reckon thats a good thing..:wah:

There are some that might think so. :D
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “General Chit Chat”