Back to Work........

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
john8pies

Back to Work........

Post by john8pies »

Well after 5 months off work with an illness, I have now been declared `fit to return` so shall be going back next Monday (unless I win the Lottery this Saturday!)

Not only am I really apprehensive - will the work have changed a lot? will I be sitting elsewhere? will there be a backlog of stuff awaiting me? will I ever be able to cope in a working environment after so long off? what new horrors await my return ? will I survive without the sleep I am having each afternoon whilst off sick because I feel so tired? etc etc BUT I shall also miss the time I have had to read, watch TV, go to the gym (for health reasons), send e-mails and particularly I SHAN`T HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO SURF THE NET AND CORRESPOND WITH ALL YOU WONDERFUL GUYS! So though I`ll still try and read ForumGarden and write from time to time, I suspect my average will drop right down!

Anybody got any advice for dealing with a hostile employer?!

:-3 :-3 :-3
pink princess

Back to Work........

Post by pink princess »

i sooooo understand how your feeling!!!

from my own experience what can i say, erm....

i doubt youll have a backlog of work, by now people would have worked out you werent there and so have asked others to do work instead.... you could be sitting somewhere else its a possibility, there will probably be a few new faces and perhaps a few that are no longer there

however its not that bad.... youll probably find it tiring to start with but after 2/3 weeks itll feel like you were never away!!

just remember to stay positive.... and if you feel like you arent coping take some more time, the most important thing is you and your health.... if you need a day off take it dont feel worried or pressured to be there

(im a fine one to talk arent i!!)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
TMC

Back to Work........

Post by TMC »

john8pies wrote: Well

Don't take 5 months off work.
gmc

Back to Work........

Post by gmc »

Passing rat turd in the sewer if life, they can only out you down if you decide their opinion matters. Easy for me to say I know since i don't know the situation. When you change jobs it's surprising how quickly you forget previous employers for all they seem so important at the time.
john8pies

Back to Work........

Post by john8pies »

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words (apart from TMC - are you really suggesting I should have gone into work and died there?)
David813

Back to Work........

Post by David813 »

Though you are a rightwinger I'm glad you are now well enough to return to work. I start vacation the same week! (I'm certain the Garden will miss me dreadfully all next week!):thinking: I've never missed that much work but I know of a few people that have due to injuries and illness. They actually couldn't wait to return because of the boredom and general feeling of not feeling that small sense of accomplishment after a day at the jobsite. Getting back in the routine will do you wonders. I must admit I am somewhat pleased your posts will diminish some! You are approaching my numbers! And so quickly!!!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
abbey

Back to Work........

Post by abbey »

I kind of liken the way you must be feeling

to returning to school after the hols.:-3

I'm sure after a day or so you'll have slotted right back in,

and within a week it'll be as if you've never been away.

But hey, it's great news that you are well x.
abbey

Back to Work........

Post by abbey »

David813 wrote: I must admit I am somewhat pleased your posts will diminish some! You are approaching my numbers! And so quickly!!!And you mine!

And how could we not miss you David.:)
TMC

Back to Work........

Post by TMC »

john8pies wrote: Thank you for your thoughts and kind words (apart from TMC - are you really suggesting I should have gone into work and died there?)

How did you come to that conclusion. :confused:

I’m suggesting your employer is hostile to you because long term sick leave is costly to your firm in terms of sick pay, cover pay and disruption. :rolleyes:
valerie

Back to Work........

Post by valerie »

Go back to work, hold your head high, and try not to let anything get to

you! I know, it's hard, but you CAN do it. Don't make any apologies. If

your time off was legit then heck with 'em, who are they to say

anything? Who knows, it might just come around that next time THEY are

the ones needing the time off!!

You'll get back in to it in no time, that's my prediction. Maybe plan a nice

dinner for yourself your first night off, something to look forward to!

Good luck!

(My fingers are crossed for that lottery win, though!!)

:D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Clint

Back to Work........

Post by Clint »

john8pies wrote: Well after 5 months off work with an illness, I have now been declared `fit to return` so shall be going back next Monday (unless I win the Lottery this Saturday!)

Not only am I really apprehensive - will the work have changed a lot? will I be sitting elsewhere? will there be a backlog of stuff awaiting me? will I ever be able to cope in a working environment after so long off? what new horrors await my return ? will I survive without the sleep I am having each afternoon whilst off sick because I feel so tired? etc etc BUT I shall also miss the time I have had to read, watch TV, go to the gym (for health reasons), send e-mails and particularly I SHAN`T HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO SURF THE NET AND CORRESPOND WITH ALL YOU WONDERFUL GUYS! So though I`ll still try and read ForumGarden and write from time to time, I suspect my average will drop right down!

I haven’t been in the Garden much lately because two very close relatives passed away in the past six weeks and my job search has been paying off. I’ve been out of town interviewing, etc. I’ve been having some of the same thoughts about returning to work, only with me, it will be a new job. I’m hoping I haven’t been off work so long that I don’t like it anymore.

I think that keeping our minds active by spending some time here will help us when we return to work.

I don’t know the circumstances with the hostile employer. It may work to tell your employer that you are happy to be back and that now that your health problems are behind you, you are looking forward to being part of the team again. You may be able to use this as an opportunity for a fresh new start.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Return to “Members' News”