To all the dog moms out there:

Discussions about your pets!
valerie

Post by valerie »

It's apparent you're a parent (of a furkid) when:

- A trip to "the store" really means a trip to Petsmart to pick up shampoo and poo bags.

- You spell words such as walk, bath, vet, and car ride.

- You give up spelling the aforementioned because THEY learned how to spell.

- That same trip to "the store" involves all of the children going along. The eldest gets first choice of crates in the back of the van. There is generally no room for children of the hairless variety.

- You shop for a new vehicle, you are not taking into consideration your own comfort, but instead you are considering how much crate space the kids will have in the back

- You spend $50 on dog food and then eat Top Ramen for a week and a half to make up for it.

- You run and grab the video camera so you can forever remember the very first time your very first dog saw himself in a mirror.

- You speak to the four leggers as if they are your two leggers with such phrases as, "If you don't stop that right now, I'll put you in time out!!"

- You follow the former threat with a "Stern look"....and then proceed to kiss the baby on the head

- Going for a walk is never just "going for a walk". It is also a social gala, in which you meet and investigate all the flora and fauna of the neighborhood.

- You ask if anybody would like a cookie, and the skin kids are disappointed when they realize you're not talking to them.

- You've washed your clothing with treats in the pockets....on more than one occasion.

- You find yourself without a cookie in your pocket and you are not only shocked, but completely distraught.

- You're more offended when people don't remember the names of your furkids than when they don't remember yours.

- You're standing in a massive snowbank at 3 in the morning in your bathrobe begging your kid to pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease go potty.

- You are actually referred to as "So and so's mother" (or father). You have no identity anymore. You're a furparent.

- A quick trip to the pet store is never a quick trip to the pet store. Seriously, just quit lying to yourself. Everybody knows it'll be at least an hour and a half.

- You have more monogrammed stockings hanging on your hearth than there are people in the family

- You do not believe in Santa Claus. You believe in Santa Claws.

- When you tell people you are expecting, they know that they should no longer inquire as to whether or not you are pregnant. They expect to see another furball roaming the house in about two months.

- You not only buy presents for the furry kidlets, but you wrap them too. ....And you let them open them.

- You believe that a bloody piece of animal carcass would be "Absolutely perfect!" for so and so.

- You go through your first puppy class graduation...and cry

- You look on your floor or at the foot of your bed, and realize you hold just as much pride in your accomplishments with your four leggers as you do your two leggers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Aren't those great?

The author's name is Jackie Short.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thank you Val! This is perfect!!

I'm proud to be a furparent. :D I've never heard of "skinkids" before- that is dang funny!
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I'm a skinparent and a furparent. We have always had furkids - sthe skinkids came later. We always used to buy cars taking into consideration room for the furkids, now we just got even bigger cars to cater for both skinkids and furkids. Our decisions about the houses we have purchased in the past have always been made based on land for our furkids, and walking areas for them too. Now we have great fun playing on our land with both furkids and skinkids, and both enjoy running at our local state park. We also have felinefurkids ( this is getting a bit of a mouth full :wah:) now, so we had to build them a felinefurkids play area in the basement - because they are indoor felinefurkids. So now the skinkids, furkids and felinefurkids all have fun in the basement too. The felinefurkids think it is great fun to hide in their play area and pounce on the furkids. The skinkids and skin parents love to watch them all play.

Skinkids, furkids and felinefurkids all have stockings hung - in the hope that santa is feeling generous.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

All of the above plus my husband complains that the dogs get more attention kisses and love than he does, the skin kids say the furkids get better food than they do.

I walk with at least 8 other fur mums and dont know all thier names but I know every single doggy name.

But I knew I was wierd when passing through Heathrow I was asked to buy a lottery ticket to win a Ferrari and without even thinking I just said 'it would be no use to me theres nowhere for the dogs'! The guy looked at me as if I were totally mad !!
ksd75

Post by ksd75 »

Wow, that's a pretty accurate description of my life....minus any references to skin kids as I only have the furbabies.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Strange how at this moment of time when one of my darling dogs is dying there are so many dogs threads about.I have 8 dogs that I love dearly...and no I dont breed.....my sweet little Lucy who has been like my baby....my friend.....my little dear that has been through so much with me and would never leave my side.Val I know you can understand all this.I mean look at that face.....she has been so special and now all I can see is a little scrap that has been near to death a few times and fought her way back........but she has no fight left now.Its so hard losing someone so dear Val as you must know and as I sit here waiting for her to leave me but be at peace with her friends in that far away magic land I think how lucky I was to ever have had such a little darling.

Attached files
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

My heart is breaking for you Carol:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Good thread Val, and very true:wah: as you know Val i just recently got a dog, although i have had dogs in the past, its great getting to know her and her little ways,, and boy is she learning quick. She took me uostairs this morning to my room as if to say come on now get ready, then when i did, procceded immediately to the back door looking pointedly at her lead hanging there:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;775901 wrote: My heart is breaking for you Carol:-4:-4Your a good friend Kaz and at the moment my tears just wont stop so I cant talk to anyone.But you know its so good knowing you and the girls are there for me babe.xx
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;775904 wrote: Good thread Val, and very true:wah: as you know Val i just recently got a dog, although i have had dogs in the past, its great getting to know her and her little ways,, and boy is she learning quick. She took me uostairs this morning to my room as if to say come on now get ready, then when i did, procceded immediately to the back door looking pointedly at her lead hanging there:rolleyes:
Thats one lucky little dog getting you after her not so nice start in life. Good on yerxxxps......sorry Val for bringing your great thread down abit.
ksd75

Post by ksd75 »

I'm very sorry for what you are going through. It's never easy when their time is up, and they always take a piece of us when they go. My thoughts are with you and your little one.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

ksd75;775921 wrote: I'm very sorry for what you are going through. It's never easy when their time is up, and they always take a piece of us when they go. My thoughts are with you and your little one.
You guys here really are the best............thanks love for that...its so appreciated.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

My heart goes out to you Carol and Lucy.

Big hugs to you both.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Victoria;776177 wrote: My heart goes out to you Carol and Lucy.

Big hugs to you both.
Shes gone now Victoria........thanks for your good wishes lovex

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”