Koan: Can you paint this??

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

It's too big for me to attach so here's the link: http://www.capturefx.co.uk/images/falle ... ghres.html

I thought it looked like something you might have painted, were it not a photo. I think it's breathtaking. Wish I knew where it was. Maybe a Buddhist garden?
koan

Post by koan »

It's stunning.

The style is a little different than what I think mine would work out like but with enough time I could, yes. I'd like to see places like that in person. :)

Thanks for the pic.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

You're welcome. :)

I too would love to see a place like that in person. It's just gorgeous.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I don't know why but that pic reminded me of Muckross House in Ireland. If anyone remembers me sharing the story about finding out I was standing in an actual ballroom and saying "wow! so this is where they held their balls?" which somehow sounded really loud in there and echoed off the walls and everybody turned to stare at me....well this was where it happened. :yh_blush

koan

Post by koan »

The picture in the opening post is a matte painting based on a photograph but enhanced and altered. The description of how it was done is quite interesting.

http://www.capturefx.co.uk/focus_fallen.html

Thanks for your comments, jimbo.

Live and let live, so they say.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

WOw! That's a created image?? I thought there really was some mystical place like that, probably somewhere in Asia! I've been tricked! Ha! Koan, how did you ever find this info?? Pretty cool stuff. :)
freetobeme

Post by freetobeme »

I'm not clear if it's an actual painting done with brushes and paint or a digitized image - it is beautiful for sure and well done either way. I couldn't do it.

Okay it is a digital painting, still amazing work, I would never have the patience.
senior's politics and discussion
koan

Post by koan »

RedGlitter;735656 wrote: WOw! That's a created image?? I thought there really was some mystical place like that, probably somewhere in Asia! I've been tricked! Ha! Koan, how did you ever find this info?? Pretty cool stuff. :)

I deleted the extension from the original URL to get to the homepage of the site that it was on then found the link explaining what the artist does. I knew it was a painting of sorts when I looked at it, as I could see layers in it and parts that didn't match untouched photographic qualities.

I often find myself on interesting journeys by reducing the URL to different levels on the site. any time you see a "/" you can go back a level.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Cool. Thank you. :)
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I would like to put the picture together in a jigsaw puzzle....:D:D
freetobeme

Post by freetobeme »

I didn't read the whole thing but I assume it was done in Photoshop, not knowing much about matte painting I googled and came up with this tutorial if any one is interested in how it done using layers.

I have Adobe Elements but havn't spent much time with it. I also have Paintshop Pro

but never seem to have the time to sit down with them.

http://www.seb4d.com/tutorials/Mattepai ... nglish.htm
senior's politics and discussion
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

sunny104;735632 wrote: I don't know why but that pic reminded me of Muckross House in Ireland. If anyone remembers me sharing the story about finding out I was standing in an actual ballroom and saying "wow! so this is where they held their balls?" which somehow sounded really loud in there and echoed off the walls and everybody turned to stare at me....well this was where it happened. :yh_blush

Sunny, I love Muckross House. My cousins live and have a business in Killarney. So, everyday that they worked I spent my time on a bike cycling around killarney. I would visit Muckross quite often. It is a beautiful area.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thank you Red and Koan, fabulous explanation about photography illusions.

Return to “Photography More”