Yoko rejects 'curse' of ageism...

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yoko Ono, who turned 72 last week, claimed ageism is one of society's biggest curses.

John Lennon's widow recently appeared in a New York magazine wearing a mini-skirt under the heading 'Surprisingly Sexy Septuagenarian' and says she has no intention of slowing down. "Honestly, I think ageism is much worse in this culture than either sexism or racism," I want to stop this negative attitude toward people over 40.:-2
koan

Post by koan »

After all, Lennon fell in love with her because the tiny word she wrote on the ceiling was "yes".
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

well personally i cant wait to be 40, then 50 & so on, life begins at 40 right?

koan im sure i read somewhere it was to do with an apple she had on display at her art exhibition & he asked how it could possibly cost so much?

anyway i expect as in all things, it just depends what article you read & what we choose to believe, unless we hear it straight from the horses mouth (so to speak) how can we know what is true? maybe you are right afterall
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

40, that's not true. Life begins at 50. I'm telling ya buttercup:D
abbey

Post by abbey »

I hope i look as good as she does at 72 when i'm 50 ( does that make sense? )
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

abbey wrote: I hope i look as good as she does at 72 when i'm 50 ( does that make sense? )You wouldn't like to look like Yoko? :D
Lizzie Love

Post by Lizzie Love »

Maybe we could begin by celebrating the knowledge, wisdom and experience that comes with the years. Too often this precious commodity is either disregarded or de-valued.

Everyone has a contribution to make to the whole. Look at the colonel (kentucky fried chicken) he was 78 before he discovered his winning recipe.

What one person can do, anyone can do. Although i have to admit I am a terrible cook so that one is out for me.

Ah well back to the drawing board.

namaste

lizzie Love :-4
"Peace begins with a smile"

Mother Theresa

Return to “Retirement Planning”