prophetic statements, religious v secular

Discuss Prophecies and Prophets. From the Ancients to Modern Day Soothsayers.
charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

when it comes to prophecies (religious) vs prognostications (secular), which is easier to accept/dismiss in today's political/social/economic/religious conditions?

there are many fundamentalist groups (all religions) which are seeking to prove their positions based on current events. there are also many who are saying such positions are ridiculous and irrelevant (to some degree or other) and should be ignored, or at least not to be considered relevant to today. what do you, as an individual, think about the validity of the various claims, whether from a religious or a secular point of view?

in some ways, the religious can be applicable, but only in part, while the secular may be more relevant though less acceptable until something actually occurs. yet there are those who claim that both views can be acceptable, but only in hindsight which causes some to lay claim to having prognosticated something, but only after the fact. i guess what i'm asking is, does it really matter whether it is or isn't seen as real to the public at large? if it is real, dare we ignor it, and if not should we deny it is possible? :yh_think :driving: :yh_ttth
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Much of what I say is prophetic. I open my mouth and really wonderful things come out. Its one of my favorite things about myself.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Ted

Post by Ted »

The prophesies of the Bible have absolutely nothing to do with the distant future.

Those prophets were speaking about their own time and the immediate future they faced.

As far as secular prophesies go they may or may not be correct depending on the information used to make them.

Shalom

Ted:-6
Lon

Post by Lon »

An atheist of course, would have no choice as which to consider accepting.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Lon:-6

Neither would a great many religious people.

Shalom

Ted:-6

Return to “Prophecies and Prophets”