Madelaine Alive?

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
Happylife

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Happylife »

What do you make of this? Do you think it could be true???

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312091,00.html
Chezzie

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Chezzie »

I would like to believe that it's true but the bungling portuguese police have made so many mistakes, until I see little Maddies beautiful face back with her family ill reserve judgement.
Peg

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Peg »

I'd have to see her to believe it.
Kathy Ellen

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Happylife...wouldn't that be wonderful. And how about the girl Natalie Holloway who disappeared in Aruba? Her mother believes that she's still alive.
Happylife

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Happylife »

Chezzie;721818 wrote: I would like to believe that it's true but the bungling portuguese police have made so many mistakes, until I see little Maddies beautiful face back with her family ill reserve judgement.

I agree, but I think the article says it's a private detective hired by the family that is saying she is alive. I would never believe such things possible but when they discovered Elizabeth Smart alive after being abducted/missing for 9 months, I learned we should never give up hope. And more recently the discovery of Shawn Hornbeck (right here in my home state/Missouri)....I have renewed faith! He was missing for 4 yrs!
Bryn Mawr

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Happylife;721859 wrote: I agree, but I think the article says it's a private detective hired by the family that is saying she is alive. I would never believe such things possible but when they discovered Elizabeth Smart alive after being abducted/missing for 9 months, I learned we should never give up hope. And more recently the discovery of Shawn Hornbeck (right here in my home state/Missouri)....I have renewed faith! He was missing for 4 yrs!

Being a cynic I would ask what the private detective gets out of saying she's alive and they are closing in on the abductor - a continuation of his contract maybe? Some of the heat taken off the McCanns over the accusation that they killed her maybe?

Without substantive evidence it is nothing but posturing. Words are easy - coming up with the goods is the hard bit.

Sad as it makes me, I doubt that she is.
along-for-the-ride

Madelaine Alive?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Call me a cynic as well.

I believe she is another angel in heaven. I don't know if we will ever find out what happen to her......and why.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Mia

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Mia »

along-for-the-ride;721930 wrote: Call me a cynic as well.

I believe she is another angel in heaven. I don't know if we will ever find out what happen to her......and why.

Sad to say I agree,some perv got his hands on her,the poor wee mite.Just hope they find the b*****d
Happylife

Madelaine Alive?

Post by Happylife »

Yes I do also really think she is dead. Also if the detective REALLY was on to something or close to capturing somebody, why would he/she broadcast that information? I would only think that would make the run...
mikeinie

Madelaine Alive?

Post by mikeinie »

It makes no sense, why would the detective agency come out ahead of time and announce that they have evidence that she is alive and that they are closing in. If true, talk about giving a warning to the bad guys.

Why would they not wait, make their move and recover her, then be famous???

I would bet that these guys have nothing and they are looking for their little bit of media attention for their business.

I feel so sorry for that little girl and still cannot believe that the her parents, and the parents of the friends who also left their children behind have not been charged with neglect.

Return to “Missing Children”