Before FORUM GARDEN

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

Where were you before Forum Garden? Its now in operation since 2004.The team should be congratulated for their efforts in making it a success it is today.Bringing people together in Friendship.
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I often ask that myself. I tried a few forums before but got fed up wiv da text if ya nar wot I min man.

I enjoyed the forum of a certain music download site but again got fed up with the ranting racists and dickheads at every turn.

Dont mind controversy but its nice for the forum to temper the extreme view so the rest of us can have a good old chinwagCheeky mate. I don't have a pronounced Dublin accent. :D But something like Our/Your own Terry Wogan.The Irish are not so keen on Forums or the Internet for that matter. They prefer live Wine,Women and Song. Its a pity really.
persephone

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by persephone »

I was an active member of another site, now my status on that site is inactive because they won't delete me. I understand the reason that if I am deleted then 'they' win, but I don't like it.

This site has debate, it has it's pain in the arses too, but if things get out of hand then people also get deleted/banned whatever.

It's peacefull in the garden and that's what is nice.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
beyelzu

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by beyelzu »

I am a proud member of ff which I love for it's lack of moderation supporting of freethought and great set of people who post there.

I am just trying the garden on for size some of the people here I know from there.

I used to go to iidb all the time but I grew tired of it. I still post occassionally there, but I feel no sense of community there.

I do like the garden and the posters I have interacted with thus far have been very cool.
lady cop

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by lady cop »

hey bey! welcome!
beyelzu

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by beyelzu »

thank you for the welcome.
Lon

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by Lon »

I still lurk and occasionally post to a couple other forums, as well as several news groups. I like The Garden, but it's not my total Internet activity or interest.
koan

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by koan »

This was my first forum so I'm really attached to it. If I feel the need to say something that doesn't seem appropriate here then I go to FF. It is like having a few different friends that you hang out with depending what you feel like doing. I value both. That some of the friends are in both places is just like RL. Sometimes you get injokes that confuse other people or just sound dumb. I like keeping it to a small number of forums because "sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name" and that is nice.
persephone

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by persephone »

Can I be really thick and ask what FF is, I mean it's like me saying SW or FP, do any of you know what they are ???
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
koan

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by koan »

letha wrote: Can I be really thick and ask what FF is, I mean it's like me saying SW or FP, do any of you know what they are ???

freethought forum. It's a much different type of board. They are both really great for different reasons. Abbreviating mostly out of habit, sorry.
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: freethought forum. It's a much different type of board. They are both really great for different reasons. Abbreviating mostly out of habit, sorry.Are Buzzards allowed?:D
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

I was on UK Resident www.ukresident.co.uk

They are ok
persephone

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by persephone »

koan wrote: freethought forum. It's a much different type of board. They are both really great for different reasons. Abbreviating mostly out of habit, sorry.I know it's habit, SW and FP are habit too, SW is Screaming Whisper another forum site and FP is Face Party a dating type place.

I was looking at freethought the other day :-2
David813

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by David813 »

Before FG I was on a local TV news station discussion board. I was 'uninvited' because of what they said was "aggressive and hateful polemics, disrupting the forum atmosphere and threatening other members with hate speech." Can you believe it!:eek: Me! I was stunned and now here I am! The tone here is much better.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
David813

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by David813 »

flopstock wrote: Only in America! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I happen to think that their loss was the gardens gain....most of the time.

You are tooooooo funny sometimes David, you really are!!

dianeMy politics bother some people but I really do have an independent personality, unlike some others! I've peeked under a different name at my old forum and I'm not missing a thing! It's INFESTED with Jesus freaks and REpublicans!:yh_sick
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
buttercup

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by buttercup »

i moderate on another forum, it is specifically for 1 subject, i like the mix in the garden, its like koan says - nice to have diffrent friends to hang out with
Jika

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by Jika »

:wah: @ David. You're a thinker. I like that. You certainly add to the garden.

From some of the views you've expressed I think you'd love it in Australia. Maybe you should visit some time.

As for me, before forum garden..........many, many, many, other sites.

I'm a surfer, what can I say! The garden however, has something special, something unique. :)
minks

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by minks »

I am a banned person from Wicked Moon Forum. Glad I found FG and miss naught of WM.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

Eire Nua - New Ireland forum based here. Mostly Irish Americans.
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: I often ask that myself. I tried a few forums before but got fed up wiv da text if ya nar wot I min man.

I enjoyed the forum of a certain music download site but again got fed up with the ranting racists and dickheads at every turn.

Dont mind controversy but its nice for the forum to temper the extreme view so the rest of us can have a good old chinwagagus Craic:D
Agnes

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by Agnes »

before forum garden i was on a town forum. i was banned after registering as the first selectmans wife. i have since returned as invited back & never post. the group is too anxious and bold. you create your own identity so why remind another what they can be at times? have your gutterhelmet on at all times there. :)
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
abbey

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by abbey »

acydikeen wrote: I was on a forum called www.alt-man.co.uk until today, where I had an huge argument with the Admin

(He is a punk, but we proved that he is "middle-class", and we all know a "middle-class punk" is uncool, and quite the oxymoron (;)), so he barred us :D)

I actually quite like the look of this place!

*Gets comfy!*:thinking: Seems he banned you for more than proving he was middle class!!
babygirl

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by babygirl »

This was my first forum as i never had the internet my bf had it and said he would help find me a nice forum and well here i am lol and i will never leave i love it here you are all my family xxx :-4
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

turbonium

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by turbonium »

I love FG. It's the fourth forum I've been a part of, and definitely has the nicest and friendliest people of them all. There are good healthy squabbles now and then, but it never degrades to flaming. I get 'good vibes' from the people here! :o :o
LWR VENTURES

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by LWR VENTURES »

Discussion forums are one of my mean source of entertainment’s. I monitor many. Post on some. More of a reader than a writer. I found Forum Garden while searching for discussion forums. It has remained in my favorites. I check it almost everyday. I guess it is the witty and intelligent post by the other posters that keeps me coming back. I’m not trying to play favorites. But it was the Lady Cops post that got me hooked. So I guess it is the cops fault, that I am now addicted, to something else, LOL.
lady cop

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by lady cop »

LWR VENTURES wrote: I’m not trying to play favorites. But it was the Lady Cops post that got me hooked. So I guess it is the cops fault, that I am now addicted, to something else, LOL.AWWW you are sweet....i enjoyed our conversation, it was intelligent and respectful.don't ever leave!:)
LWR VENTURES

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by LWR VENTURES »

I do plan to stay a while! I can here the entire Garden go, "Oh No". LMAO.
gmc

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by gmc »

Used to regularly use a mandrake linux forum that had an off topic section that had many entertaining discussions, they stopped it though as it was after all a forum for linux users and some posters started taking it too seriously and got abusive. Missed the dabates started looking around, was looking at UKresident (like cap'n buzzard I see) and was swithering about winding up the BNP members, and got lured here by a post by tombstone. Don't really look at any others, apart from the odd numpty at least here you can disagree with people and debate without it becoming personal.

Was confused a bit by the odd spelling till they started putting national flags on then it dawned on me what the problem was. :sneaky:
capt_buzzard

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: Used to regularly use a mandrake linux forum that had an off topic section that had many entertaining discussions, they stopped it though as it was after all a forum for linux users and some posters started taking it too seriously and got abusive. Missed the dabates started looking around, was looking at UKresident (like cap'n buzzard I see) and was swithering about winding up the BNP members, and got lured here by a post by tombstone. Don't really look at any others, apart from the odd numpty at least here you can disagree with people and debate without it becoming personal.

Was confused a bit by the odd spelling till they started putting national flags on then it dawned on me what the problem was. :sneaky:You should try winding up the Irish Nationalists:D and then the Loyalists:wah:
Chezzie

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by Chezzie »

Handful of ya still here then:D:D:D

Before FG I had a cleaner house, less ironing and trimmer ass:D
guppy

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by guppy »

Chezzie;1036965 wrote: Handful of ya still here then:D:D:D

Before FG I had a cleaner house, less ironing and trimmer ass:D

:wah::wah::wah::wah:
Odie

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by Odie »

I am still an active member on 4 other forums, one being gardening, some roots never die!:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by Lon »

capt_buzzard;68013 wrote: Where were you before Forum Garden? Its now in operation since 2004.The team should be congratulated for their efforts in making it a success it is today.Bringing people together in Friendship.

Before FG I spent hours in meditation and contemplation, trying to piece together the mysteries of life and the universe, and asking myself the question "Why". Now I know, and no longer need to spend hours searching for answers.
guppy

Before FORUM GARDEN

Post by guppy »

I love fg..when i know i should be say.........washing six or seven loads of clothes..the cat puked on my bed..the boys are fighting..i can log on here and its better than "calgon, take me away" of course there is a down side to this..my daughter knows when to ask..can she drive the car , have a spend the night..blah blah blah..cause i tend to say........ok....and then later..want to know..where the hell are you..or WHO gave you permission to have a slumber party????????????? huh? huh????????????

i think i am set up....:p

Return to “Members' News”