Brothers and Sisters

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Pheasy

Brothers and Sisters

Post by Pheasy »

I have 2 wonderful brothers and a sister. I am very close to them all, we always stood by each other and would do anything to help each other out. My older sister and younger brother have struggled, and still struggle to understand life :mad:

In particular my younger brother, every corner he turns there seems to be something or someone ready to slap him down. Good luck little brother, hopefully one day things will turn out good for you, and you will find happiness. :-4

Do you have brothers and/or sisters? What sort of relationship do you have with them? Have you been there for each other, or has your relationship turned bad?
weeder

Brothers and Sisters

Post by weeder »

Is that a picture of your younger brother??? You must send him here, to me. I promise I wont let anyone hurt him. I wont let him out of my sight. I think I could make him happy.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Pheasy

Brothers and Sisters

Post by Pheasy »

weeder;706228 wrote: Is that a picture of your younger brother??? You must send him here, to me. I promise I wont let anyone hurt him. I wont let him out of my sight.

Yes thats him :-4 He's a cutey. He needs loving - I'll get him on a plane to visit you :) He can visit me while he's at it - I miss him :-4
weeder

Brothers and Sisters

Post by weeder »

Nice people always seem to get hurt. Not only is he adorable... he looks very kind. How old is he? My younger sister leads a wonderful life. Married two children Career. Husband she loves. My middler sister is deceased. I always wanted a brother when I was growing up. Missed that.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
pinkchick

Brothers and Sisters

Post by pinkchick »

I have a younger sister..... She is almost 21 so there is a big age gap between us.

I adore her so much - thankfully we are very close. I don't think we have ever fought.

We don't see each other very often - she is living in Newcastle and studying. I miss her terribly but we speak quite often so it's not so bad I guess :D

Every time we speak or text - we end our conversations with "I love you"

Yes.......It's true

I am the worlds biggest sap :rolleyes::wah:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Pheasy

Brothers and Sisters

Post by Pheasy »

pinkchick;706303 wrote: I have a younger sister..... She is almost 21 so there is a big age gap between us.

I adore her so much - thankfully we are very close. I don't think we have ever fought.

We don't see each other very often - she is living in Newcastle and studying. I miss her terribly but we speak quite often so it's not so bad I guess :D

Every time we speak or text - we end our conversations with "I love you"

Yes.......It's true

I am the worlds biggest sap :rolleyes::wah:

:-4 Thats nice Chicky - its great to have the love of a brother and/or sister. It seems that a lot grow apart from each other.

My sister is a year older than me - to the day! My brothers, one is 5 years younger the other is 10 years younger (from Mums second marriage).
pinkchick

Brothers and Sisters

Post by pinkchick »

ThePheasant;706304 wrote: :-4 Thats nice Chicky - its great to have the love of a brother and/or sister. It seems that a lot grow apart from each other.

My sister is a year older than me - to the day! My brothers, one is 5 years younger the other is 10 years younger (from Mums second marriage).

My mum always said that she wanted 4 kids..................then she had me and said

she changed her mind :wah:

Jennie was a little surprise 12 years later - YAY :D:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
guppy

Brothers and Sisters

Post by guppy »

Iam the oldest..i have a sister that is eleven months younger..i talk,she doesnt..she doesnt give anything away about herlife..and rarely says what she thinks..

and i have a brother who is three years younger..we talk and are close..:-4He doesnt know our sister any better than i do...:-3
cherandbuster

Brothers and Sisters

Post by cherandbuster »

I've got an identical twin sister and a brother who is four years older than we are.

We are an incredibly close family and I feel very lucky. :-4

I just saw them both yesterday at a wake for a 51-year-old man we all knew that suddenly died of a heart attack.

When I looked at Sue and Rich (the siblings), I said to myself, "How lucky am I to have this in my life??"

A good dose of perspective never hurts, right? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

WonderWendy3

Brothers and Sisters

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Right as always Cher!!:-4

And Weeder beat me to the punch....Pheasy, your brother is a very good looking man! I hope he finds happiness!

I have 1 brother and I love him dearly, we've had our ups and downs, we didn't talk for 7 years of our adult lives, but I'm so thankful that we've re-united and he's in my life and lives near me now. He's my hero! He fixes things around the house and helps me with the boys when he can....I'm very thankful for him!:-4
Lady G

Brothers and Sisters

Post by Lady G »

I have 2 elder sisters. I would go to the ends of the earth for them and I think they would not even journey out of their front rooms for me, unless I paid them to.

We are close but only because I work hard at our relationships and not letting contention push me away.

I love them both deeply and my nieces and nephews.
minks

Brothers and Sisters

Post by minks »

1 younger brother, we don't talk :(
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Imladris

Brothers and Sisters

Post by Imladris »

One brother, 3 years younger than me.

We were always close, for a few years we shared a house until we both met our spouses.

Family life and work commitments have meant that we sort of drifted apart for a while but I'm pleased to say we spend more time together now than we have done for years.

Love you bruv - even though you're a git!!!!:-4
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
kazalala

Brothers and Sisters

Post by kazalala »

I am the oldest. I have a brother four years younger, i would say we are the closest, i practically brought him up. (but i conveniently forget that when he is being a pain and my sis in law is maoning about him to me:wah:) I have a sister five years younger, she gets drunk and says how much she adores me and how i am her hero etc. blah blah, but she doesnt put much in to our relationship most of the time and i have remonstrated with her recently on how she could be more helpful and understanding of our parents, particularly my mam. I have another sister 11 years younger who i am basically civil to, i would need two pages to go into why, but basically one major thing she did i could never or will ever forgive. I only stay civil for the sake of my mam, it would break her heart to see her children at conflict.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
cherandbuster

Brothers and Sisters

Post by cherandbuster »

When my brother, sister and I were growing up

we had absolutely no cousins we were close to, as my Mom and Dad each did not speak to their only sibling (one of them for good reason:-5)

The three of us, when we were young teens, made a pact: when we grow up, we *promise* to always be in each other's lives, to make sure *our children* had loving cousins with whom they could spend time :)

Bro and sis each have children, but alas, I do not . . .

We've all kept our promise over the years

And it's been awesome being "The Auntie" for me :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

kinks

Brothers and Sisters

Post by kinks »

Well i have 1 younger brother and 4 older half sisters, 1 of which is older than my mum (not going into detail about that...lol)

Anyway, just one of my sisters, i have regular contact with.

When we were kids, we hated eachother, or rather she hated me, once i was on her shoulders and she dropped me on purpose, face first on the floor and nearly broke my nose and another time she even tried to drown me.....lol ( i can laugh about it now)

But now, we are really close and i don't class her as mt half sister, she is also my good friend, don't know what i would do without her.

My brother and i are really close and it's hard for me to be so far apart from him and not physically be there for him when he was in need.

He was at one point, he was so in love with this girl and she was a right b**** to him and then broke up with him, so he turned to cutting hiself...which broke my heart, then when he was at his lowest point, he had gone out for a walk one night and some bloke jumped out at him with a knife...wanting his phone.

This bloke couldn't have picked a worst time, cos my brother was feeling so angry at this time, he just grabbed the blokes had that had the kinfe, headbutted him in the nose, passed the knife back to him and asked him if he wanted to try that again, so the bloke then ran off.

So even though i was so uset at the thought of my brother being in that situation, i was glad that he could hold his own.

Well i can't remember exactly what this thread was about now :thinking:...hehe

Hope i didn't go off subject too much and bore you all.
laneybug

Brothers and Sisters

Post by laneybug »

ThePheasant;706224 wrote:

Do you have brothers and/or sisters? What sort of relationship do you have with them? Have you been there for each other, or has your relationship turned bad?

I have one sister.... half sister, we share the same mother but have different fathers. She's 7 years older. For a while, especially when she first moved out of the house and I was only 12, we had a really strained relationship because of her relationship with our parents. After I got out on my own and started living my own life, our relationship has grown. We really value each other since we don't have our parents to lean on.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
chrisb84uk

Brothers and Sisters

Post by chrisb84uk »

I have two younger brothers, one I get on with, and one I really don't. Though we have a lot of old photos of the three of us when we were young, and they do bring back a lot of good memories we use to have. Mind you it really does seem strange seeing you and others from so long ago, how things have changed!

Return to “General Chit Chat”