I'm getting a Tattoo

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Musiclover89

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Musiclover89 »

I've thought this through wheather or not i should get one but i made my mind up and i'm going to go ahead with it, i'm going to get the Guns 'n' Roses logo on my right arm
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
el guapo

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by el guapo »

Musiclover89;706036 wrote: I've thought this through wheather or not i should get one but i made my mind up and i'm going to go ahead with it, i'm going to get the Guns 'n' Roses logo on my right arm

have it high enough to cover with a short sleave shirt ,,,,only advice i can give
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Patsy Warnick

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I want a tattoo - no guts yet.

Patsy
weeder

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by weeder »

Musiclover89;706036 wrote: I've thought this through wheather or not i should get one but i made my mind up and i'm going to go ahead with it, i'm going to get the Guns 'n' Roses logo on my right arm

Im sorry to hear that. I loathe tatoos. Just consider this.... If you DONT want to be like everyone else..... And youd like to be your own person, and unique..... it is a pretty run of the mill thing to do. Mutiliate yourself, that is.

If your into art..... go visit an art gallery. Or spend the tatoo money on some paints and a brush.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
KB.

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by KB. »

I got a tattoo yesterday. I have three now. I got the first 12 years ago, the second 11 years ago. That is how long it took me to decide on it. The first was simply KB in roman letters. It is me, it is hard to explain. The second was the Chinese symbol for loyalty in red; right under KB. This was long before Chinese symbols were the in thing to do. My mom picked it out and there are 5 of us who have it. The third is Muse. In some cultures the art of the tattoo is sacred. I would not pick anything just out of the blue to be made permanent on my body. They al mean something very special to me. With Muse it was this simple, "Find a Muse, be a Muse, keep the things that inspire you close." The next one will be a medallion of St. Christopher at my neck line.

Make sure if you get one you can look at it for the rest of your life. It is not something to do on a whim.

Life ain't linear.
guppy

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by guppy »

I got a tatoo two weeks ago..i am a middleclass mom of teenagers..classic june cleaver persona..everybody was shocked..:D
guppy

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by guppy »

guppy;706230 wrote: I got a tatoo two weeks ago..i am a middleclass mom of teenagers..classic june cleaver persona..everybody was shocked..:D

i hear ya kb..i put as much symbolism into mine as i could..i thought about this for several years..its a fish...on my rightshoulder..far enough in i can cover itwhen i want and showitwhen i want..it is red for courage ,yellow for feminity, white for purity and love..it arcs in towards the outside of me..to represent "allowing". its opposite of my heart to remind me true love walks beside me... the fish makes me think of serinity and grace..its not where i can see it..to remind me to go on faith..that which cant be seen...
weeder

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by weeder »

Aside from other things... This is my biggest problem with tatoos. Seeing the movie TATOO. Its an old one, and quite horrifying. A man who is totally tatooed head to toe.... wants his gorgeous model girlfriend, to be like him. Because he loves her. So he drugs her and starts tatooing her. Every couple of days he lets her get up to look in the mirror. It was a cult movie. Very powerful. It explored the psychology behind the desire for permanent body art. Of course the film is about 30 years old... when the connotations attached to tatoos was quite different then they are today.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Lady G

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Lady G »

I have a few, I regret only one and that is the one I got when I was 16. I am 39 now and most of the ohers I have were done over the last 2 years.

Would have more but my kids asked me not to have any more.

Go for it, BUT make damn sure it is a design you will never get fed up with, and on a place that you are happy with regardless of what outfit you are wearing etc.

Personally I dont give a flying monkeys gonads that my tatts show when I wear a ball gown, I am still me and they are part of me, I have tatts that even a long sleeve shirt cant cover and had them done during my time in the company I work for, it has not stopped me getting promotions or meeting clients. Tatts are totally acceptable this day and age.
minks

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by minks »

whoo hooo ML

I'm gonna sound all mother like here but

1) do like el Taco said, make sure your tat can be covered by clothing you are young, you never know what kind of job scenario you will face down the road and many employers still are not to accepting of body modifications.

2) Do you love the logo, have you loved the logo for ever, can you live with that for the rest of your life, tastes change ya know. Make sure you think long and hard about your subject ML.

I am not discouraging you only telling you some of the things I have thought about with my 2 tat's and it's the same things I have said to both my daughters prior to their tat decisions...

Good luck with it when you do get it and show us ok

M
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Uncle Kram

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Uncle Kram »

I've got 3 tattoos and my advice is DON'T

You might like G'n'R now but will you when you're collecting your old age pension?

I've come to regret having "The Grumbleweeds" tattooed across my forehead. :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
guppy

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by guppy »

Uncle Kram;706377 wrote: I've got 3 tattoos and my advice is DON'T

You might like G'n'R now but will you when you're collecting your old age pension?

I've come to regret having "The Grumbleweeds" tattooed across my forehead. :o

you are sooooooooooooo full of it UK.....lol:wah::wah:
Mia

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Mia »

I had one done when I was sixteen.I have allways regreted having one.It is small and high enough to be covered by short sleeves,but I will never wear vest type tops or anything like that,as I hate it so much.
Nomad

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Nomad »

weeder;706081 wrote: Im sorry to hear that. I loathe tatoos. Just consider this.... If you DONT want to be like everyone else..... And youd like to be your own person, and unique..... it is a pretty run of the mill thing to do. Mutiliate yourself, that is.

If your into art..... go visit an art gallery. Or spend the tatoo money on some paints and a brush.

Huh ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lasgo

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Lasgo »

i've got 2 tattoos, one is a rose on my right breast and one of 2 hearts with mine and hubby's name in on my bum.
Imladris

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by Imladris »

I'm an old fuddy-duddy about tattoos - I was brought up in a time when tattoos where something that criminals, thugs and morons (not you Jimbo!) had. 'Nice' people just didn't.

I still tend to feel that there is something just a little seedy about them, even though both my step-daughters have them. What made me think recently was my friend, daughter of two headteachers, well educated, very middle class mother of two, was getting married - spending a fortune to get a tiny tattoo removed by laser treatment because her wedding dress didn't hide it and she didn't want it on show. This won't apply to you ML (unless you look good in a long white wedding dress!!!) but please, please think long and hard before you do something so permanent.

End of sermon:wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
~Fairykissesbenignwishes~

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by ~Fairykissesbenignwishes~ »

So many people stereotype people with tattoos. In my opinion it depends solely on the tattoo. Not too big and not too small. Not too bright and not too dull.

I have a tattoo on the lower of my back i love my tattoo and have never regretted having it. That said i've ony had for a year. Its a tribal tatto with stars in the middle and was deisnged by myself. I have wanted them since i was 16 and spent the next 2 years working out what i wanted. All i knew was that i had to deisgn it myself or i would hate in after 5mins.:-3

Tattoos are everyones cup of tea but i love my design, its a form of art that i agreed to have on my person, what wrong with that? I see no problem. I may have regretted this choice had my boyfriend not liked tattoos. However, i as lucky as an unsuspecting individual i found a boyfriend with a tattoo. I wasn't expecting that. He got another one a few months into a relationship which really made me think, the tattoo was not the nicest but it was his choice, i think he regrets that one due to deisign and change of mind. So...

What i'm trying to say here is take the time to really THINK abut a tattoo because it is permenant but if you are happy with your deisign for over a year and are still as keen then i see no reason why you shouldnt have one.:)
~Fairykissesbenignwishes~

I'm getting a Tattoo

Post by ~Fairykissesbenignwishes~ »

^^^^Sorry abut the essay i got carried away there^^^^:wah:

Return to “Members' News”