No donkey before the cart but....

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
minks

Post by minks »

Welll I am just over 1 hour away from a job interview.... yes going to leave my current job, there is no good future here.

This one I am checking out today has me a little concerned it is a management position as Head ******* It is 10 hour days I would have to get up and get to work for 6am this is totally new for me. It sounds interesting. I hope it is a big pay increase. I have talked to a number of people about this company and it gets glowing reports 100% It is very exciting.

Now I do not want to put the cart before the horse, they may not find me qualified enough... on the other hand I am a little anxious they may offer me something right on the spot. I can't say yes immediately because another potential employer sent me the following post.

"We have your resume and we are working on a position in the ******* area. I will keep you posted as soon as I know more.

If you want to call and meet next week we can show you around and discuss the upcoming position"

UGH so just how long to I tell company number one to wait for my answer if they have an instant offer for me, I have to check both postings because number 2 is a post that is being pushed at to get me in there, this is where my soon to be exboss is going, this company keeps telling her they are serious about me....

I hope I don't do anything bad by telling company 1 I would like 1 week to decide and with luck company 2 will come though with a proper offer....

Potentially number 2 could offer me more money and a little better hours.

Company number 1 has an amazing reputation worldwide and could be just as good with the so so hours.

I guess I will just wait and see.

Am so nervous.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

Post by spot »

Good luck minksy! Come back and tell us how it went!

I'm startled by those asterisks though. Are you applying to be Head ******* or Head *******? Or even, given that you have the looks for it, Head *******??
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Good luck Minks, I am sure that you will bowl them over, just remember that you need to balance work and home (something that I can not manage) no amount of money is worth breaking your back for :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

aw, bestest wishes to you!!!! :yh_hugs Don't worry too much, I always believe that things happen the way they're supposed to. And I don't think that they should mind at all giving you time to think about their offer. Good luck today!! :yh_shamrk :-6
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

While they shouldn't give you any trouble over time to consider an offer, it's also customary to at least be given a 2 week period for notice toa nother job, so you could maybe use that too...

Good luck
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

How did it go - we want a report.

The excitement's too much.

We want to KNOW.

Can we uncross everything yet?
minks

Post by minks »

Bryn Mawr;704086 wrote: How did it go - we want a report.

The excitement's too much.

We want to KNOW.

Can we uncross everything yet?

hehehehe Bryn

Ok it was a tough interview, and this job is over my head by a long shot, so I have to make the call to number 2 in the next day or so and see from there, even before I went into number 1 I was secretly hoping number 2 would look the best.

Will keep you informed.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks;704125 wrote: hehehehe Bryn

Ok it was a tough interview, and this job is over my head by a long shot, so I have to make the call to number 2 in the next day or so and see from there, even before I went into number 1 I was secretly hoping number 2 would look the best.

Will keep you informed.

The very, very, best of luck with it :-6

It still wouldn't surprise me if #1 didn't come back with an offer - you underestimate yourself :p
cars

Post by cars »

Oh minks, isn't the "waiting game" always a killer! The very best wishes are being sent your way!!! Good luck, & it will all work out in the end, you'll see, it just does!!!:)
Cars :)

Return to “Work Employment”