Moderators

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Pheasy

Moderators

Post by Pheasy »

Is there anyway we could have a list of who the moderators are? Sometimes I have questions or requests, and I'm just not sure who all the are moderators.

Pheasy :-6
cinamin

Moderators

Post by cinamin »

Me too.:-3

Attached files
Max Macks

Moderators

Post by Max Macks »

ThePheasant;702259 wrote: Is there anyway we could have a list of who the moderators are? Sometimes I have questions or requests, and I'm just not sure who all the are moderators.

I got an email from spot impliyijg he was one of the several

moderators . but when I tried to email him my email bounced back
Max Macks

Moderators

Post by Max Macks »

why do I have two ways to reply?
abbey

Moderators

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;702259 wrote: Is there anyway we could have a list of who the moderators are? Sometimes I have questions or requests, and I'm just not sure who all the are moderators.

Tombstone

Koan

Spot

Chonsigirl

Peg

Marie5656

Guppy

Abbey

Carla

Sheryl

ZinkyUsa
Pheasy

Moderators

Post by Pheasy »

abbey;702328 wrote: Tombstone

Koan

Spot

Chonsigirl

Peg

Marie5656

Guppy

Abbey

Carla

Sheryl

ZinkyUsa

Thanks Abbey, I think this list will be very useful for people when they want to ask a question or get something changed. :-6

You mention Zinky, I miss him - he was such fun - I hope he comes back soon :-6
spot

Moderators

Post by spot »

Max Macks;702280 wrote: I got an email from spot impliyijg he was one of the several

moderators . but when I tried to email him my email bounced backMy apologies about the bounced email, I gave an address which I hadn't realized is no longer supported on the site. The Private Message system has taken its place, and I did mention that in the same post.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cars

Moderators

Post by cars »

abbey;702328 wrote: Tombstone

Koan

Spot

Chonsigirl

Peg

Marie5656

Guppy

Abbey

Carla

Sheryl

ZinkyUsa

Thanks abbs, as the saying goes: you learn someting new every day! :)
Cars :)
spot

Moderators

Post by spot »

cars;702381 wrote: Thanks abbs, as the saying goes: you learn someting new every day! :)
My very thought - it's not a list I'd seen before either.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Max Macks

Moderators

Post by Max Macks »

So you list the names

but whre are their email addressess?
spot

Moderators

Post by spot »

Max Macks;702479 wrote: So you list the names

but whre are their email addressess?

You're kidding, right?

We seem at the moment not to allow email contact [eta: other than with the Profile Page if an email address has been entered there - see Weeder's query below] but we moderators have a Private Message area just like very other user here including you. Whenever you leave a PM it sends an instant email out to notify us and tell us what it says. Why do you think we should give our email addresses in public as well? What extra functionality would it add?
weeder

Moderators

Post by weeder »

So, if the system doesnt support e mail anymore... and I e mailed someone from their profile page, instead of Pming them.... did they not receive it?
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
spot

Moderators

Post by spot »

weeder;702502 wrote: So, if the system doesnt support e mail anymore... and I e mailed someone from their profile page, instead of Pming them.... did they not receive it?

I'm having a bad day communicating, aren't I.

If someone puts their email address into their profile then people can email them. I'd completely forgotten the profile email option, I've never used it.

ForumGarden used to have a webmail option for supporting members. It doesn't have that any longer. The email address that I used to have on that webmail is no longer valid. I carelessly offered it yesterday thinking it was still active. It isn't.
guppy

Moderators

Post by guppy »

it is up to each individual if they wish to provide their emails..you can pm any mod on here with a problem..but unless i am wrong..providing private emails are not part of being a mod..You also have the option of posting problems or requests for help..there are many posters on this board than can help...not just the mods..

you seem to be looking for something or someone specific..mm..:confused:
Pheasy

Moderators

Post by Pheasy »

guppy;702509 wrote: it is up to each individual if they wish to provide their emails..you can pm any mod on here with a problem..but unless i am wrong..providing private emails are not part of being a mod..You also have the option of posting problems or requests for help..there are many posters on this board than can help...not just the mods..

you seem to be looking for something or someone specific..mm..:confused:

Not sure if this is for me, as I was OP or other poster/s in thread. But, for me, I was not looking for anything specific, it was general. For example, the other day I wanted to have something removed from one of my post that had exceeded the time limit allowing me to do it. So I contacted Spot who did it for me. It just got me thinking that if there had not been a mod, that I knew of, on-line at the time, I would of been unsure who/when I could have got it changed. :-6
spot

Moderators

Post by spot »

ThePheasant;702617 wrote: It just got me thinking that if there had not been a mod, that I knew of, on-line at the time, I would of been unsure who/when I could have got it changed. :-6

A list isn't enough, pheasy, you have to find one who knows how to do what you want done. They're rare as hens' teeth.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Moderators

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Max Macks;702280 wrote: I got an email from spot impliyijg he was one of the several

moderators . but when I tried to email him my email bounced back

When you go into PM to send a message to someone just type in the first two or three letters of their name. If you wait a second a list of possible members will appear and you can select the one you want. The message will then not bounce.
abbey

Moderators

Post by abbey »

spot;702625 wrote: A list isn't enough, pheasy, you have to find one who knows how to do what you want done. They're rare as hens' teeth.He's getting a dig at me there ;)
spot

Moderators

Post by spot »

abbey;702628 wrote: He's getting a dig at me there ;)

spot snickers like Muttley and runs into the undergrowth
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Moderators

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Max Macks;702282 wrote: why do I have two ways to reply?

One quoting the original test and the other not.
abbey

Moderators

Post by abbey »

spot;702629 wrote: spot snickers like Muttley and runs into the undergrowthBUGGER
Pheasy

Moderators

Post by Pheasy »

abbey;702628 wrote: He's getting a dig at me there ;)

:wah: OK, so we use you as a last resort then :wah:
abbey

Moderators

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;702647 wrote: :wah: OK, so we use you as a last resort then :wah:
Do I look like I care? :D

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”