Why?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

do peaple find it so hard to mix?
pinkchick

Why?

Post by pinkchick »

Not sure Slip but I am one of those people:-5 :-5
Very nearly perfect ... :D
kazalala

Why?

Post by kazalala »

I dont think i find it hard to mix:-3 :D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Musiclover89

Why?

Post by Musiclover89 »

I'd love to be able to mix but i dunno how :wah:
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
minks

Why?

Post by minks »

what are we mixing I am ready...
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Mia

Why?

Post by Mia »

Are we talking with other people mixing music or a cake mixture here :confused:
pinkchick

Why?

Post by pinkchick »

Ummmmmm...... Actually now you mention it - I don't know:confused: :wah:
kazalala

Why?

Post by kazalala »

I thought it meant mixing with other people:-3 But knowing Slippy you never know:wah: I cant mix music.. or cakes come to that:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
minks

Why?

Post by minks »

pinkchick;643998 wrote: Ummmmmm...... Actually now you mention it - I don't know:confused: :wah:

I have heard it's bad to mix whiskey and rum :confused:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
pinkchick

Why?

Post by pinkchick »

minks;644000 wrote: I have heard it's bad to mix whiskey and rum :confused:

Did you get that memo too minks???:wah:
Lon

Why?

Post by Lon »

SlipStream;643966 wrote: do peaple find it so hard to mix?

If you are talking about one's ability to mix socially with other people, I think it depends on the individuals self confidence and self image. Some folks do not have self confidence or a good self image, and perhaps feel that they have nothing to contribute to conversation or social intercourse. I think that is the problem. How to solve it, I don't know.
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

Mia;643997 wrote: Are we talking with other people mixing music or a cake mixture here :confused:

with other folks yeah.

talkin for myself, I'd like to think I can get on with most unless their selfish nutters!
RedGlitter

Why?

Post by RedGlitter »

I don't think I have any problems. I'm a mingler if the situation presents itself.
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

RedGlitter;644077 wrote: I don't think I have any problems. I'm a mingler if the situation presents itself.

perhaps it's just ME :confused: :wah:
RedGlitter

Why?

Post by RedGlitter »

SlipStream;644081 wrote: perhaps it's just ME :confused: :wah:

Oh no- there are lots of people who are not comfy mingling. I used to be one myself.

More important Slip, why do YOU find it hard?? :-6
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

RedGlitter;644086 wrote: Oh no- there are lots of people who are not comfy mingling. I used to be one myself.

didn't think I did But being a bit thick perhaps I don't always make myself clear :D
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

RedGlitter;644086 wrote: Oh no- there are lots of people who are not comfy mingling. I used to be one myself.

didn't think I did But being a bit thick perhaps I don't always make myself clear!
The Rob

Why?

Post by The Rob »

The older I get, the less important it's become for me to "fit in". When I was a youngster I didn't have many friends but after high school it became much easier to ingratiate myself into others' company. The trouble with that was that I wasn't terribly discerning of the company I kept, and it led to some terrible choices.

These days I'm a lot harder to please, perhaps too hard. I'm opinionated and find it difficult to ignore others' unfortunate habits and shortcomings.

I "mix" just fine, if it suits my recipe. :D
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

:wah: well then I suppose we're all using the same pot to p*ss in
The Rob

Why?

Post by The Rob »

SlipStream;644146 wrote: :wah: well then I suppose we're all using the same pot to p*ss in

Ewww. Find your own.
along-for-the-ride

Why?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

SlipStream;643966 wrote: do peaple find it so hard to mix?

Mix what?:thinking:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
weeder

Why?

Post by weeder »

I never found mixing difficult, I was self concious in Jr, High School, but by High School, I had many friends and a busy social life. I think the self confidence to mix came from my parents. They always had company, we visited people and my Dads friends were very outgoing and very funny. I could be wrong, but I think that young people today tend to stick to their peer group. Experience in mixing well, comes from stretching ourselves to mingle with people not necessarily like ourselves. Older people, people with different interests, people at work etc..... Then one becomes a participant rather than an observer of life. After a life time of being very sociable, and very outgoing, I am not too interested anymore, in putting myself out there.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Carl44

Why?

Post by Carl44 »

my biggest problem with me mixing is my almost constant urge to tease people i think its coz i had younger sisters,when we go out i just cant help myself strangers ,funny accents pretending i'm from other contries ,pretending i'm deaf and really shouting every thing ,stupid walks pretendind i know total strangers ,just going up to a random group of people at a table in a pub pretending i know them watching the confused look on their faces ,just staring at some ones ear when they are standing next to you they know your looking but every time they turn round you quickly look away (this really bugs chantelle he hee )after about four times they go to the bathroom to check out their ear, i know its strange but it really amuses me

am i mental :wah: :wah:
kazalala

Why?

Post by kazalala »

jimbo;646188 wrote: my biggest problem with me mixing is my almost constant urge to tease people i think its coz i had younger sisters,when we go out i just cant help myself strangers ,funny accents pretending i'm from other contries ,pretending i'm deaf and really shouting every thing ,stupid walks pretendind i know total strangers ,just going up to a random group of people at a table in a pub pretending i know them watching the confused look on their faces ,just staring at some ones ear when they are standing next to you they know your looking but every time they turn round you quickly look away (this really bugs chantelle he hee )after about four times they go to the bathroom to check out their ear, i know its strange but it really amuses me

am i mental :wah:

YES!!! But in a good way;) :wah: :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
RedGlitter

Why?

Post by RedGlitter »

jimbo;646188 wrote:

No, you're cool. :D
The Rob

Why?

Post by The Rob »

jimbo;646188 wrote:

Gewd Lard man, you're a paranoia machine! :-2:wah:
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

indeed.
Lisa

Why?

Post by Lisa »

I can identify with what Lon said. I find it hard to mix.I have felt this way my whole life. I want to ,really I do. I like people and try to be friendly,but sometimes get the sense people think I am strange. I'll give ya a hint I AM ;)

That is the main reason I joined forums.This is like an experiment for me.To spread my weirdness all over the world!:p

Thanks to you all so far, that have added ingredients to my mix.

Lisa :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pheasy

Why?

Post by Pheasy »

FuzzyNavel;701555 wrote: I can identify with what Lon said. I find it hard to mix.I have felt this way my whole life. I want to ,really I do. I like people and try to be friendly,but sometimes get the sense people think I am strange. I'll give ya a hint I AM ;)

That is the main reason I joined forums.This is like an experiment for me.To spread my weirdness all over the world!:p

I think you have mixed in well with people here. I enjoy your posts and PM's, you seem like a great person :-4
sunny104

Why?

Post by sunny104 »

FuzzyNavel;701555 wrote: I can identify with what Lon said. I find it hard to mix.I have felt this way my whole life. I want to ,really I do. I like people and try to be friendly,but sometimes get the sense people think I am strange. I'll give ya a hint I AM

you fit in here, that's all that matters! :D :-4
Lisa

Why?

Post by Lisa »

Awwwww :o Thank you gals! :-4 I do like it here. :)

Lisa

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad

Why?

Post by Nomad »

You know what I really hate ?

When your walking down a long hallway while someone is walking towards you from the other end.

Especially if there are no windows to look out.

When do you look up to greet them ?

What if you really dont want to greet them ?

What if you just want to pretend like theyre not there ?

You dont want to be rude though. If youre 20' apart and theyre looking down is that a sign that they dont want to greet you too ?

Who makes the 1st move ? What if you do but they dont greet you back ? Then you can think "what a jerk" and feel all indignant for awhile. I do enjoy feeling indignant.

Should you give the nod ? A hello ? Good morning ?

I dont mind saying good morning but I hate saying good afternoon. Im not sure why. It sounds stupid when I say it. If I do say it then I start thinking "why did I say that ?...Now Im the jerk"

Its too much stress.

I try to avoid long hallways.
I AM AWESOME MAN
neffy

Why?

Post by neffy »

i love mixing and meeting new people:D
The rottie queen
The Rob

Why?

Post by The Rob »

Nomad;702019 wrote: You know what I really hate ?

When your walking down a long hallway while someone is walking towards you from the other end.

Especially if there are no windows to look out.

When do you look up to greet them ?

What if you really dont want to greet them ?

What if you just want to pretend like theyre not there ?

You dont want to be rude though. If youre 20' apart and theyre looking down is that a sign that they dont want to greet you too ?

Who makes the 1st move ? What if you do but they dont greet you back ? Then you can think "what a jerk" and feel all indignant for awhile. I do enjoy feeling indignant.

Should you give the nod ? A hello ? Good morning ?

I dont mind saying good morning but I hate saying good afternoon. Im not sure why. It sounds stupid when I say it. If I do say it then I start thinking "why did I say that ?...Now Im the jerk"

Its too much stress.

I try to avoid long hallways.

It's like I'm looking in a mirror! I hate that too! :-3
SlipStream

Why?

Post by SlipStream »

why is it so cold in here?

Return to “General Chit Chat”