Homeless people - Do we need them?

guppy

Post by guppy »

Diuretic;486612 wrote: guppy you learned a lesson some people never do.

An Australian businessman who inherited his wealth from his father who inherited it from his father who was a self-made man (the old third generation thing may be about to kick in) jrecently paid squillions of pounds for a luxurious apartment in Mayfair in London. I mean it's really a holiday home for him in London because he lives here but being born into privilege means he has never known privation. Am I envious of him? You bet I am but if he ever suffers financial ruin (which is rather unlikely) he may well find he has no character resources to fall back on.

I WENT TO A christmas party saturday night. had alot of trust fund babies there. they all, and i mean all, had issues. bored with life, drugs, mulitple marriages.....lots of fun to listen to them talk......but i would not trade places with any of them......ended up shooting pool with several of them...i am the only person there who owns my house......apparently having money means you like being up to your eyebrows in debt......that was another thing they complained about.........so silly.....:D
guppy

Post by guppy »

Diuretic;486729 wrote: Seems like they need some lessons in how to be a functioning citizen and I say that without snideness or rancour, some people are just never brought up understanding how their society works and how they can make the best of it.

typically when everything is handed to you, you place no value on anything...imho.......:) from what i have seen anyway......
spot

Post by spot »

JacksDad, that's the best post I've ever seen on the site. It's going to stick in my mind whenever I think back on the place in future.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

koan;486701 wrote: That's a phenomenal story.

You saved money and kept a job.

You're a very determined man.

:-6

To become homeless, for some, may not be a choice.

To remain so, is.
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Jaks dad,you are a man of honor and spirit,And I am proud too be a American with you.

As for the three troll baits that started this trash,I hope some day affirmative action catches up with you and you get too live in dumpster.

I did my time living from hand too hand and the kindness of strangers when i was down.I wouldn't call it homeless,just had no address for a while.

But I got back on my feet.

And your ideas are meant too get a rise out of us smart people,perhaps a way too get your rocks off.

But you have shone that you are living proof that the cavemen molested the Buffalo.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

:wah:

Where's that high five smiley?

:D
spot

Post by spot »

Shweet tatersalad;488070 wrote: But you have shone that you are living proof that the cavemen molested the Buffalo.I really really want to see a thread telling that story, if you have a spare half hour to type it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Shweet tatersalad;488070 wrote:

As for the three troll baits that started this trash,I hope some day affirmative action catches up with you and you get too live in dumpster.

Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

not all homeless people are bad. just because they are having a bit of bad luck . some of them have educations and are just having bad luck. a person is a person. we should treat everyone this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-6
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

JacksDad;486672 wrote: In October 2004 I had a heart attack. Screwed up things pretty good. I fell behind on my bills and quickly into debt.

April 2005 my heart decided once was not enough. That one really layed me out. I lost my job, my car was reposessed and I eventually got thrown out of my apartment.

I was homeless.

I did get another job. Low paying but it was a start. I opened a bank account and deposited my checks. It doesn't cost much to sleep on the streets. I shaved every morning at the mall restrooms and washed my hair with a garden hose they left out behind the local auto repair.

My dumbass ex-wife called me at work and asked when I was going to see my son. It's been three months. I told her he could hang out at the park with me all day as I'm on a first name basis with all the squirrels.

I eventually saved enough money to move to a place where there was a job in my field and that's where I am today.

But I still pay mondo child support. My credit is F'd for life. I eat what I can, when I can.

And if I lose this job it's back to the streets.

Pexy? Bring it on. But make sure you have the balls to lead the pack.

Because when I see you coming for me, I've got seven inches of steel I'd like you to meet.
You're an All-American, baby! :yh_flag
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Pexy;486220 wrote: Lets face it. Homeless people and drifters are sponges that society could do without. Its the perfect problem as well because its easy to round them up and "deal with them" as its not like they have family or loved ones. Just need a place to put the bodies.

Thats really the beauty of genocide. Everything has a place. Wanna get a beer ? We can make plans !
I AM AWESOME MAN
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Nomad;488981 wrote: Thats really the beauty of genocide. Everything has a place. Wanna get a beer ? We can make plans !

Heineken?
Irmin

Post by Irmin »

I agree. We do not need people who pee and poop and sick on the streets and spread germs to others.
Mia

Post by Mia »

UpThereWhereIBelong;486240 wrote: I won't allow myself to become homeless. I look after myself as number 1 and ensure that I want for nothing. It's no ones fault but there own. they should get jobs and stop being bums.

And what if your health fails and you become too sick to work.You can no longer pay your Morgage and you lose your home????

What about abused kids who run away from home.???

What about men whose wives have found a lover,divorced him but he had to leave the family home because she has the children,and she won't even let him see them.These men often turn to drink,and end up on park benches.

There are many homeless people,but what makes you think that you are a better person than them.From your attitude I would say that they are better than you.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Irmin;671226 wrote: I agree. We do not need people who pee and poop and sick on the streets and spread germs to others.
Then you will have no one to feel superior too.:-5
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Irmin;671226 wrote: I agree. We do not need people who pee and poop and sick on the streets and spread germs to others.

And would you care to propose a "solution" to the problem they create?
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;671252 wrote: And would you care to propose a "solution" to the problem they create?

Me Sir! Please Sir! I know Sir!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;671307 wrote: Me Sir! Please Sir! I know Sir!

Down Spot - behave!

Let the poor boy answer for himself
Helen

Post by Helen »

im hoping this thread is a bit of a wind up !!!!

there but for the grace of god is a phrase that springs to mind. my husband died two years ago and just three days later my landlord evicted me from our home !! our local housing authority wouldnt help me unless i got rid of all my belongings and had my animals destroyed so a friend of mine who owns a hotel took me in.

so at the ripe old age of 57, i could have become one of the great unwashed you're all so glad to take the p*** out of.
charles_r51

Post by charles_r51 »

i know what we should do with all those shiftless, good for nothing, homeless types. we should re-institute slavery and put them all to work for the war effort. that way halliburton, et al wuldn't have to pay so much for labor, and it would definitely help their bottom line! (as if it wasn't already over-blown).

oh, and let us not forget they could also campaign to keep georgie in as president when he declares martial law and suspends the rest of the constitution, you know, the part which says the president shall be elected.... :lips::-5:-5
PerfectAngel

Post by PerfectAngel »

Have you ever heard that song by Emerson Drive.....I've Had My Moments?
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

There are shelters. I remember when I first viewed this thread, I was living with a horrible man (who is now living in a homeless shelter). I left him and went to live at a women's shelter, in order to get away from him and get on with my life. :-1Although I was never without a roof over my head, I was without a place to live. And the "shelter" where I went to live was called a women's hotel. And it is still there and supported by the local city government. Along with a lot of philanthropic organizations who donate quite a lot of money for battered women to live there, get on with their lives and find a new place to love. And that's what I did while I was living there.

So now I am not homeless and I have a much better life.

So the people, (and I am sure I know who they are...from another forum called youregypt.com) were insinuating that everyone who is without a place to live is dangerous and dirty and living in a gutter. I wonder what it is like in the city where they live. Maybe worse than here in the states. And probably the country where they live (Egypt and London), has no resources for abused women to go to get away from the likes of them. And all of that is why I am so blessed to be living in the place called America. So that I do not need to be abused and treated like they say. Life is hard enough without the cruelty of others who prey on people who they do not even know. I feel very sorry for those who started this thread. As they would do it again without a thought about who they are hurting. Sick!
KB.

Post by KB. »

I lived in my car for awhile. It was a mercedes, but still. At least it slept well. More than half of the US population is a missed pay check from being homeless.
Life ain't linear.
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

KB.;694682 wrote: I lived in my car for awhile. It was a mercedes, but still. At least it slept well. More than half ot eh US population is a missed pay check from being homeless.

Where I was, there were people who didn't even have cars. I think i was the only woman with a car.

And yes, losing a job would be a first thing that cause a person to be homeless.

Just think of all the poor people with no jobs and cannot hold a job. And this country treats its homeless sooo badly.
KB.

Post by KB. »

Judges, glass houses, rocks.
Life ain't linear.
abbey

Post by abbey »

cinamin;694704 wrote: Where I was, there were people who didn't even have cars. I think i was the only woman with a car.

And yes, losing a job would be a first thing that cause a person to be homeless.

Just think of all the poor people with no jobs and cannot hold a job. And this country treats its homeless sooo badly.:-2

Kinda missed the point there cin!
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

abbey;694761 wrote: :-2

Kinda missed the point there cin!
what?

Return to “Social Human Rights”