Chupacabra???

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Fibonacci

Chupacabra???

Post by Fibonacci »

The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
abbey

Chupacabra???

Post by abbey »

What a load of cobblers. :-2
Kathy Ellen

Chupacabra???

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Do you believe this Fib?
chonsigirl

Chupacabra???

Post by chonsigirl »

It is a legend that the chupacabra is real, I remember lots of people who really believed in it. They carried warnings on Spanish new stations, and the kids would be pulled in from outside playing after school.
Fibonacci

Chupacabra???

Post by Fibonacci »

nah...It looks more like a dog to me
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Fibonacci

Chupacabra???

Post by Fibonacci »

in 2004 there was another "chupacabra" sighting in Elmendorf Tx.

A farmer shot it after it killed 35 of his chickens. A DNA test said it was a mangy coyote.
RedGlitter

Chupacabra???

Post by RedGlitter »

I think it might be a strange dog mutation or some other cross of animals but I don't think it's a mythical being. The front teeth look a little odd unless that's just a death grimace. I do think that woman is a crackpot for wanting to mount its head on her wall. Bury the poor thing.
watermark

Chupacabra???

Post by watermark »

Geez it's certainly strange looking without fur and all (I've seen a furless cat before). And the way it drank the blood out of its victims...weird. Could have been the result of cross breeding between dog and a wild canine and the culprit involved left the animals by the side of the road. That is sad. I wonder how all three of these creatures died in the same area? I didn't see where the article said anything about this.

Erin
The Rob

Chupacabra???

Post by The Rob »

Don't know if it's a real creature. Love saying the word though.

Chupacabra!!!

Has to be with exclamation marks, though. Otherwise it looks like a new menu item at Taco Bell.

I'm waiting for Chupacabra! The Musical

RedGlitter

Chupacabra???

Post by RedGlitter »

I, Rob;689213 wrote: Don't know if it's a real creature. Love saying the word though.

Chupacabra!!!

Has to be with exclamation marks, though. Otherwise it looks like a new menu item at Taco Bell.

I'm waiting for Chupacabra! The Musical

It sort of sounds like COWABUNGA!!! doesn't it? :wah:
AussiePam

Chupacabra???

Post by AussiePam »

Do they have werewolves in Texas?

:sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

henrychalder

Chupacabra???

Post by henrychalder »

This creature has been seen by so many witnesses that I think it must exist.

The one in Texas looks too much like a dog though.

We have a black panther that roams my area, for years its been said that its just been confused with a cat but I know it exists
AussiePam

Chupacabra???

Post by AussiePam »

Werecoyotes????
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

ThreeStents

Chupacabra???

Post by ThreeStents »

It looks like a photo of a Mexican Hairless Dog aka a Xoloitzcuintle or "Xolos" for short. Pronounced show-low-eats-queen-tee-lee. Xolos may weigh anywhere from 10 to 50 pounds, it usually has a sleek body with no hair, bat-like ears, an unusually long neck for a dog, and some Xolos are missing several teeth. Ancient Aztecs considered Xolos to be sacred while others ate them for dinner. In some parts of Mexico Xolos are thought to possess healing powers. It's Mexican folklore mostly. But then again, there are some {{{{{strange}}}}}} things in parts of Mexico.

There was an X-Files episode about a chupacabra. It involved some Mexican farm workers in Texas I think and a strange yellow rain. Mulder and Scully were sent to investigate. There was some type of fungus involved.....it's been a while since I saw it....the X-Files episode, not the chupa-CA-bra.
sunny104

Chupacabra???

Post by sunny104 »

ahem!

Chupacabra means "goat sucker" in Spanish, and it is said to have originated in Latin America, specifically Puerto Rico and Mexico.

ThreeStents

Chupacabra???

Post by ThreeStents »

Oh, THAT chupacabra! One time when I was a teenager, my friend Julio and I were walking home from his cousin Carmen's house...she was a very attractive girl who went to my school and I had been dating her for several months. It was very late - long after midnight, the moon she was out and the wind was blow. The road was dark and no cars came by. There was a lonely farm on this road owned by an old man and his wife. People said the wife was a witch, and nobody ever saw her except when she came into town to sell the goat milk and goat cheese and buy the seeds for her garden. So when we pass the farmhouse we heard this horrible sound like the dying goat scream and it made the hair stood up on the back of both our necks.

Then I saw the chupacabra crossing the road about 50 yards in front of us. It was maybe 4 feet tall, and it looked like a cross between a kangaroo and a big coyote or.... maybe it was more like a kangaroo and a hyena...no... it was like a giant lizard with bat-like ears, a long tail, a deformed hyena's head, and it walked upright on its back legs like a man, and it smelled like sulphur and blood all around..... the thing's eyes glowed in the dark like red hot coals, and it had a row of sharp spines sticking out of it's back...its blackish fur was mangy looking and covered with fresh goat blood. It was breathing heavy and making deep raspy grunting sounds.

Suddenly it stopped and looked in our direction....I said something like "Oh Sh*t, Julio!!!" But Julio was running up the road about thirty yards away. We ran as fast as we could back to Carmen's house. We banged on the door and woke everybody up to tell them we had just seen the chupacabra. Her father got his shotgun and a big flashlight and we went back to the spot where we had last seen it. There was lots of blood on the ground, but no chupacabra. Then it started thundering and lightning and raining which was strange because just a few minutes earlier there were only a few clouds in the sky.

A month or so later they found Julio's nude body in a ditch near the farm. He had deep scratch marks on his chest, and all his blood had been removed from his body. The police came and then a dark sedan with U.S. Government license plates was seen in the area. They sent Julio's body to Washington for an autopsy, but his family would never talk about the results.
watermark

Chupacabra???

Post by watermark »

Hi Threestents-

Well that's quite a story! I do have my doubts though about the death of your cousin. Sounds like legend :) Please submit something substantial to prove he died that way, the way you described-photos are good. Anyway I think it a good story to pass on to my kids. They might enjoy it.

Thanks
ThreeStents

Chupacabra???

Post by ThreeStents »

Substantial? Proof? My cousin Julio he is die from this bad-assed chupacabra thing, man. Like I said, the polices they come and don't let nobody near the place, not even his own mother. She cry and cry. Then they zip him up in a green body bag and load him into the back of a military ambulance and they speed off to the San Juan Airport.

Some guy in a suit come to his house and tell his family that Julio may have been infected with some kind of tropical virus or something like that, and they will have to quarantine anyone who came near the body. Nobody has been allowed to visit his family since this happened. The next day they moved the whole family to some island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It's a cover up. They don't want anybody to find out what really happened. It was a chupacabra, and a really big one. I saw it.

Return to “Paranormal Science”