ADD and ADHD

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Indian Princess

ADD and ADHD

Post by Indian Princess »

Does anyone have either of these disorders?
Lisa

ADD and ADHD

Post by Lisa »

The doctor told my mother I had one or the other when I was little.he gave her medicine for me to take. after a few weeks ,she stopped giving it to me.she didn't like the side affects.

I still feel like I have some of the symptoms,but have learned to live with it.

My daughter was diagnosed in june to have ADHD and ODD (oppositional defiance disorder) or as I secretly call it. B.R.A.T. disorder. :lips: :yh_giggle

I am not giving her medicine for it.Too affraid of the side affects. I'm trying therapy and behavior modification first.and changing her diet some.

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WonderWendy3

ADD and ADHD

Post by WonderWendy3 »

nope, just going through menopause according to my 18 year old who was diagnosed with ADHD as a child....:-5:-5
minks

ADD and ADHD

Post by minks »

I have ADD, my daughter has ADHD, as does my brother.

What's up, what would you like to know.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Pheasy

ADD and ADHD

Post by Pheasy »

My son was initially diagnosed with ADHD (which has since been confirmed), however the term ADHD (IMO) has too easily become a bucket for other medical problems. My sons ADHD is only some of his problems and ADHD meds alone are not the complete answer for him. Ask away. I do not claim to be an expert but will try and share my experiences and findings with you. :-6
weeder

ADD and ADHD

Post by weeder »

I think I have ADHD without having been formally diagnosed. I just know, by the way I behave.... I just know.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Pheasy

ADD and ADHD

Post by Pheasy »

weeder;687839 wrote: I think I have ADHD without having been formally diagnosed. I just know, by the way I behave.... I just know.

If thats how you feel - you probably are. Could be other factors there too, its worth checking it out, as certain things that you previously thought you were in control of can cause problems later in life. You may just be hyper type person, but worth checking anyway.
Victoria

ADD and ADHD

Post by Victoria »

My son who is now 25 has ADHD he has other problems too , food allergies ,near blindness in one eye, and a nurological disorder similar to parkinsons which although incurable it will never get any worse. in spite of this he finished school with good marks and now holds a responsable job even winning employee of the year last year.

My second son has food allergies milk eggs plus a few others and he has a difficulty in communicating with people (doc say mild autisim)

My father was bi-polar.

My nephew has also been diagnosed with ADHD but IMO he is just a brat who needs disipline and decent food insted of constant take aways or microwave food and a good telling off when he does something not just a limp wristed gesture and oh thats naughty, from my sister in law.
kiwimum76

ADD and ADHD

Post by kiwimum76 »

My 12 year old daughter has ADHD. She has been diagnosed for quite some time. Is there something you need help with or would like to know?

Return to “Women's Health”