Pitbulls - where do you stand?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

There is a constant struggle on some sites I know between those who say pitbulls are fine and just like any other dog - it's all about how they are raised ... and those that say they are worse than other dogs and should be banned, due to their incredible bite strength and other attributes.

Where do you stand? My instincts tell me they are more dangerous because if they do decide to turn, like any dog can, they seem able to inflict a lot more damage. Takes a few grown people to get one off a kid and so forth due to their grip strength. But I don't have statistical or other facts to take an official ban position.

What say you?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I'm not too hip on them either. I understand that the way they are raised makes a big difference but they have been bred over the years to be aggressive. I don't think you can unteach aggressiveness completely, I would not own one and don't particularly like being around.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

as far away as possible! :wah:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

AE, I have a friend who's son was playing with a pit that was supposed to be the nicest wimpiest dog you ever saw. Then the damn thing bit him on his face and damn near tore his bottom lip off. Of course the owners said it was just a mistake, that the dog was just playing.
Mia

Post by Mia »

It takes a long time to breed out the vicious streak in a breed.Pit Bulls were bred as fighting dogs,I would not trust one near a child.If you want this type of breed ,why not have a staffordshire bull terrier,this is a much gentler breed but also very protective of its owner.Staffs were bred as fighters once,and still have a tendency to attack other dogs.

It is not allways down to how they are raised,it is the nature of the breed.
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

I think I posted this because a recent news story was on my mind about two pitbulls that went to a neighbor's house, broke in through the dog door or whaever, went to her bedroom and started mauling her. Thankfully she had a gun which apparently helped her escape with her life.

Can you believe that? Dogs breaking in someone's house and attacking them in their sleep?
minks

Post by minks »

I don't have anything negative to say about them, any I have met have been under control by the owners, usually leashed and well behaved.

I believe any dog to be a potential threat so I respect them all.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

AngelEyes82;684240 wrote: Was the kid pulling on it?? In that case my basset hound bit my nephew in the ear But it was his fault and was pulling her fur and ears. My sister warned him repeatedly. She got attacked by a golden retriever when she 17. Still has scars on her face. It was her friends dog that we had known since it was brought in the house as a puppy. Any dog can turn..
I've never had a dog turn. I used to breed, raise and train Brittany bird dogs. I have had two cocker spaniels and a few mutts. I now have a Jack Russell Terrier. If one single of one of my dogs would have ever bitten one of my kids or any visiting kid, that dog would not have made it through the day irregardless of the circumstances. Luckily that hasn't happened. I can't say for sure but if I had had around fifty pits during the same period of time the odds are at least one of them probably would have bitten someone.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

This is a touchy subject...Personally, I've owned Pit bull mixed dogs (have one now, and she is the sweetest dog I've ever had...afraid of her own shadow.

On the other hand, I live across the street from a family that lost their Grandmother to a pit bull attack (2 pit bulls attacked her dog, and she tried to save the dog, and they killed her too).

I understand both sides of the fence (no pun intended) but as for me, I love the breed...its good to be aware that they can be aggressive and keep an eye out for that behavior. It wouldn't keep me from having them.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

i would not let a child play with

battery acid

sharp machinery

broken glass

lions

crocodiles

tigers

paedophiles

oh let me see ???? is there anything else oh yes

especially a purpose built aggressive killing machine that has been born just to rip living things to bits and fight oh yes that should cover it

i really cant believe that people take a chance with their child's life ..i just dont get it at all :confused:

imagine this on a small child

G-man

Post by G-man »

I don't believe an entire breed should be generalized in that manner, anymore than an entire race of humans should be generalized. The thing with the press is that they tend to sensationalize an incident or two and everyone jumps on it without thinking.

Any animal can be dangerous, for a variety of reasons. Sure pitbulls and rottweilers are statistically more dangerous than other dog breeds, but there are a number of animals that have been "bred to kill". I've got a few of them... two very gentle and intelligent rottweillers that are highly trained to protect, a recently acquired (rescued strays) pitbull and a tiger-striped boxer, but the most ferocious of all is my "bred to kill" parson jack russell terrier. :wah:

I've actually had to remove her from all of these dogs at one point, as she had them pinned down to show her alpha female dominance. I once even had to remove her from atop the head of a grey wolf... luckily he or none of the other animals reacted other than stay still and lower themselves.

I don't know much about the pitbull, but from what I've seen she's very gentle and put up no show of aggression towards the jack russell when she first arrived here. I do know that she's quite powerful, just from playing with her and allowing her to "attack" my arm... which she could probably break on most people. Because I don't know much about their history, however I am there when anyone else is around her. I do know that both dogs were highly trained and apparently were trained to ride in a vehicle, too. I've since discovered that their owner had died and had been a truck driver and these were his riding companions. I don't recommend that most people get a dog such as this with an uncertain history. With the exception of the rescued dogs, all of my dogs came from a well-respected breeder as soon as they were old enough to be taken from their mother.

This is but one dog, mind you... but I believe that a dog of such a powerful breed as this should be well trained and not be neglected or abused... otherwise, I believe that certain individual dogs can potentially be unpredictable.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Jimbo you know we're pals :) but pits are not a specially bred killing machine.

Yes any dog can turn.

Pits are not the kind of dog whose ears you yank on or tails you pull and often this behavior results in kids getting bitten.

Know what the heck you're getting and get it from a reputable source. As with any dog overbreeding can mess up its temperament big time. My cocker spaniel will attest to this.

Educate yourself on the breed. Pay more attention to the books you read on them to what your vet says about them, etc, than what hysterics your local news head is creating with his six o'clock story.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;684356 wrote: Jimbo you know we're pals :) but pits are not a specially bred killing machine.

Yes any dog can turn.

Pits are not the kind of dog whose ears you yank on or tails you pull and often this behavior results in kids getting bitten.

Know what the heck you're getting and get it from a reputable source. As with any dog overbreeding can mess up its temperament big time. My cocker spaniel will attest to this.

Educate yourself on the breed. Pay more attention to the books you read on them to what your vet says about them, etc, than what hysterics your local news head is creating with his six o'clock story.

yup we are pals so as pals i'll agree to not agree on if the dogs are bred to be more dangerous or not ,i thought the very name they are known by was pit fighting dog but i'm happy to leave that one for someone else to argue with :):)

the thing is the damage they can do ... its like this when we had our last holiday several years ago i was nibbled by millions of tiny fish in the sea at cyprus .. i was happy to let the kids play as they were not in danger from the fish at all but if there had been a great white shark nibbling people ..the kids would of stayed the hell outa the water ... if you follow my logic :thinking:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I follow your logic Jimbo, but are we talking about having fighting dogs as pets or pets whose ancestors were bred to be fighting dogs? I maintain there's a big difference.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

I was in hospital on the children's ward with Jenna a couple of weeks ago, I got chatting to a man whose son was on the ward, their dog which they'd had for years had basically shredded the boys arm to pieces.

The boy and his sister were on the computer, the lad reached over to press a key on the keyboard when the dog just went for him, it had never shown aggression to anyone before, the Dad said he was such a lovely dog. They had the dog put down the next morning.

That boy is going to be left with years of corrective surgery as it caused tendon damage as well as cosmetic.

My point is you just never know with an animal, they can be temperamental the same as humans, but when you think of the implications I would in no way have a pit ball near me or mine. It is not worth a life time of regret.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;684376 wrote: I follow your logic Jimbo, but are we talking about having fighting dogs as pets or pets whose ancestors were bred to be fighting dogs? I maintain there's a big difference.

fighting dogs ... chewed up person ... i think i'll leave this thread alone terri

i feel any one who leaves a kid alone with any large animal that is capable of ripping its face off is asking for trouble

you have dogs i dont

i have kids you dont

i see things from a totally different view point than you do which is good for a) your dogs and b) my kids

my good friend scouse john has a badly scarred child from a dog that bit for no reason

and while i was in the hospital with suzy last a 13 old boy had been savaged by the family pet

dogs are not bad same as lions are not bad they do what millions of years of evolution tell them to , its just when people and these animals mix this stuff happens not all the time but it happens to often for my liking

ok thats me done last post on this thread :thinking::thinking:
minks

Post by minks »

RedGlitter;684356 wrote: Jimbo you know we're pals :) but pits are not a specially bred killing machine.

Yes any dog can turn.

ditto for other breeds as well. Dogs bred to guard can be just as dangerous as dogs bred to fight.

Some do not even have to be big dogs. I own a miniature American Eskimo, his breed is a man made breed he is a Keeshound and Spitz Cross. They were created specifically for guarding. They have very little tolerance for anyone or anything that messes with their master(s) they will bite. They do not like to be mauled and they may bite. They look like cute little teddy bears and attract a lot of admirers.

We were told to take our Eski for training and socializing because his breed is so very unfriendly.

Granted he may not kill, but he could hurt someone badly.

It's about training and respect, and not just for pets, but people too.

Attached files

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Jimbo I think you're saying you don't like dogs. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think you're saying...?

I can't understand that but that's okay.

I will agree with you on one point though and I know there are many people who will disagree with me on this. I don't think small kids and animals (of any kind) need to mix. Too much can happen, kids don't know how to act and then the animal gets ticked off and then reacts and its the animal's fault. I can't buy that.

But I've been in so many dog threads by now and it's always the same result.

I'll bow out too for now because I don't think that we need to argue. (Not that we would)

See ya in the other threads. :)
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;684390 wrote: Jimbo I think you're saying you don't like dogs. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think you're saying...?

I can't understand that but that's okay.

I will agree with you on one point though and I know there are many people who will disagree with me on this. I don't think small kids and animals (of any kind) need to mix. Too much can happen, kids don't know how to act and then the animal gets ticked off and then reacts and its the animal's fault. I can't buy that.

But I've been in so many dog threads by now and it's always the same result.

I'll bow out too for now because I don't think that we need to argue. (Not that we would)

See ya in the other threads. :)

no red you could not be more wrong i love dogs ... i have had a few all good dogs

i used to have a dobie called ...... dobie :owell what else

he was a great dog never nasty at all but when my son john was born he started snarling at the cot he had to go it kinda upset me a lot ,i gave him to a friend who owned a farm he never any trouble with him

i have asked a few people experts on dogs ,why dobie would turn this way they all agreed it was dobbie letting the new pup know the pecking order ,just like he was evolved to do

kids and dogs ... they dont mix ... thats it i'm not posting any more on this thread ok :wah:
valerie

Post by valerie »

You know, I have to keep at it wherever I see it, and wade in and try

and shed some light.

A lot of you are just falling in with the media hype. I admire you wanting

to protect your kids, of course. But you have to (IMHO) have brought

forth to you some things to consider.

Here's a website for you: BADRAP

What most of you are hearing is a media frenzy directed at a particular

breed. Look at that website, if you will. Many, many stories on there

that you guys will never hear unless you research. How many dogs do

you suppose live their entire happy lives and die of old age and would

never harm anyone? Or anything?

Here's another link for you guys: Rufus

Rufus is a CERTIFIED THERAPY DOG. Think about that for a minute,

look at those pics and then go ahead and tell me you think HE will

"go nuts" some day. Certified therapy dogs have to be the ABSOLUTE

creme de le creme. They are CERTIFIED. You go ahead and deny all

those seniors in the nursing home the love of that animal. I won't do it.

You know, many years ago, most of you are too young to remember,

there were other breeds that came to the fore. Dobermans, for one.

Rotties certainly have. And yes, my beloved gsds. There will always

be one or another. And I think it's wrong.

I'm sorry but a dog that suddenly turns and bites a child has not had

the proper training, has not been taught that ALL HUMANS ARE ALPHA.

Try stepping on your gsd in the middle of the night, you know you've

hurt her and does she reach back and snap and bite you? NO. She

whimpers a little and kisses your face when you lean down to check

on her. THAT is what training will get you. I know, I've been there.

:-1
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

valerie;684395 wrote: You know, I have to keep at it wherever I see it, and wade in and try

and shed some light.

A lot of you are just falling in with the media hype. I admire you wanting

to protect your kids, of course. But you have to (IMHO) have brought

forth to you some things to consider.

Here's a website for you: BADRAP

What most of you are hearing is a media frenzy directed at a particular

breed. Look at that website, if you will. Many, many stories on there

that you guys will never hear unless you research. How many dogs do

you suppose live their entire happy lives and die of old age and would

never harm anyone? Or anything?

Here's another link for you guys: Rufus

Rufus is a CERTIFIED THERAPY DOG. Think about that for a minute,

look at those pics and then go ahead and tell me you think HE will

"go nuts" some day. Certified therapy dogs have to be the ABSOLUTE

creme de le creme. They are CERTIFIED. You go ahead and deny all

those seniors in the nursing home the love of that animal. I won't do it.

You know, many years ago, most of you are too young to remember,

there were other breeds that came to the fore. Dobermans, for one.

Rotties certainly have. And yes, my beloved gsds. There will always

be one or another. And I think it's wrong.

I'm sorry but a dog that suddenly turns and bites a child has not had

the proper training, has not been taught that ALL HUMANS ARE ALPHA.

Try stepping on your gsd in the middle of the night, you know you've

hurt her and does she reach back and snap and bite you? NO. She

whimpers a little and kisses your face when you lean down to check

on her. THAT is what training will get you. I know, I've been there.

:-1
Good post, I agree training has alot to do with it and if a certain dog can't be trained that humans are alpha then that dog needs an enviroment condusive to his/hers demeanor.
minks

Post by minks »

jimbo;684391 wrote: no red you could not be more wrong i love dogs ... i have had a few all good dogs

i used to have a dobie called ...... dobie :owell what else

he was a great dog never nasty at all but when my son john was born he started snarling at the cot he had to go it kinda upset me a lot ,i gave him to a friend who owned a farm he never any trouble with him

i have asked a few people experts on dogs ,why dobie would turn this way they all agreed it was dobbie letting the new pup know the pecking order ,just like he was evolved to do

kids and dogs ... they dont mix ... thats it i'm not posting any more on this thread ok :wah:

excellent point Jimbo... and when don't they mix, when the kid runs up to a dog thinking it's adorable and cuddly and wants to maul it in all their typical kidness.

Teach children the following

Never approach an unleashed dog. (and I mean a dog with an owner attached)

Always walk quietly up to a leashed dog and their owner.

Ask the human on the other end of the leash if you can pet the dog, and then obey the human.

Teach parents the following

Never leave a child unattended with ANY DOG!!

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

Oh and a PS

Old dogs, sick dogs, deaf dogs, blind dogs.... they behave like old humans, sick humans, deaf humans and blind humans, they startle easily.

These dogs are also prone to unexpected behavior.

― Mae West
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

minks;684405 wrote: Oh and a PS

Old dogs, sick dogs, deaf dogs, blind dogs.... they behave like old humans, sick humans, deaf humans and blind humans, they startle easily.

These dogs are also prone to unexpected behavior.
I have also noticed that horny dogs act like horny humans too. :cool:
minks

Post by minks »

YZGI;684407 wrote: I have also noticed that horny dogs act like horny humans too. :cool:

of for cryin out loud how did I over look that, yes and teach kids to "look away":wah:

― Mae West
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

minks;684410 wrote: of for cryin out loud how did I over look that, yes and teach kids to "look away":wah:
You ever been sprayed by a cold water hose? It aint no fun.:cool:
minks

Post by minks »

YZGI;684413 wrote: You ever been sprayed by a cold water hose? It aint no fun.:cool:

I keep my self well away from the cold water hose thank you very much :wah:

― Mae West
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

RedGlitter;684390 wrote: I don't think small kids and animals (of any kind) need to mix. Too much can happen, kids don't know how to act...

Out of curiosity, would you take a similar position to swimming pools if the evidence indicated that more kids die when "mixed" with them (i.e. drown in them)?
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

I never have liked Pitbulls tbh i think they look quite mean :wah: but not all of them are bad i'm sure
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Lon

Post by Lon »

Pit Bulls are my least favorite dog. I just don't like their looks. I know that if raised from a puppy and properly trained they can be a nice pet. My experience with the breed has not been favorable however. They have proved to be pretty unreliable. There haven't been too many instances of Afgans or St. Bernard's chewing on kids arms and legs.
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

My son's paternal family raises pit bulls. They actually only have 3 at their home at this point, but one of them lives in the house. I have never in my life been around a more polite, well-bred, well-trained, and docile dog in my life. He's excellant, and loves to lie on the floor with my son as well as play outside with him. He's also protective of him, and urges him away from danger (the dog I mean). I have no problems with pits. So, I guess you could say I'm one of the ones who believe it's more in the training.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I dont.

I run.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

24Hours;684416 wrote: Out of curiosity, would you take a similar position to swimming pools if the evidence indicated that more kids die when "mixed" with them (i.e. drown in them)?

Frank, what?

I hope we're not comparing dogs and kids with kids and swimming pools?

If the kid drowns in a pool- where were its parents?? If a kid gets attacked by a dog, where were its parents and the dog's owner?
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

RedGlitter;684478 wrote: Frank, what?

I hope we're not comparing dogs and kids with kids and swimming pools?

If the kid drowns in a pool- where were its parents?? If a kid gets attacked by a dog, where were its parents and the dog's owner?

Yes, I was comparing the two ways kids die in neighborhoods from the negligence of adults. If pools and kids "mix" worse than kids and dogs, I was wondering if your position would be the same. In other words, why not ban pools if kids wind up dying in them far more than from animals (applying your basic logic)? I was just curious what your response was.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

24Hours;684483 wrote: Yes, I was comparing the two ways kids die in neighborhoods from the negligence of adults. If pools and kids "mix" worse than kids and dogs, I was wondering if your position would be the same. In other words, why not ban pools if kids wind up dying in them far more than from animals (applying your basic logic)? I was just curious what your response was.

Teach children respect for water and supervise them anyway.

Teach children respect for animals and supervise them anyway.

I have seen first hand many, many times how different children and ages thereof will behave around animals. Toddlers stick their hand out and jerk it back with a piercing shriek. Then they do it again. The dog doesn't understand. There's a theory that a shrieking kid or the cries of babies can set off a dog's prey instinct.

Older kids approach the dog and allow him a sniff and pet him if he seems friendly. I have no problem with older kids being around pets. But someone's 3 year old does not need a puppy when it is too young to understand what a puppy even is.

Adults are stupid oftentimes. During adoption days people, mostly women, would come and ignore me and go right for my dog. Even they forgot the rule of asking first. Sure he's friendly or he wouldn't be there but that is not the point. I can remember about 8 or 9 mothers who stuck their screaming infant nose to nose with my dog and I would tell them to step back and they would say "It's ok, she's grown up around dogs." :thinking:

One idiot tried to take away our dog's chewy and the dog growled which should be respected. He smacked our dog on the nose and when our ACO told him to leave he said "That's the way you handle dogs. I'm the alpha." Idiocy comes in many forms.

I grew up around the family pets and even I did stupid kid stuff. Like locking our cat up in the china cabinet. I probably did that jerking and shrieking thing too, I don't remember. We had a cocker who was very protective of me and any time someone new went to my playpen, she growled. This behavior is understandable if you take time to learn the whys behind it.

Dogs growl at the new baby in the house because they are jealous. Not because they want to eat the child. It's because you bumped them with this new weird creature. It can be dealt with.

Dogs are very protective creatures. They like to snuggle up with kids and love on them and they will guard them. That said, the dog is still an animal and no way would I leave my small naive child alone with a dog and then blame the dog for when something bad happens. Dogs don't bite without a reason.
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

Thank you for relating your personal experiences, Red. OK, so since one can come up with lots of pool/swimming/drowning scenarios and stories akin to the good dog ones you just expressed, is it fair to say that this comment by you ...

I don't think small kids and animals (of any kind) need to mix. Too much can happen

... could reasonably be applied to swimming pools?

If a city, or the average city, has more small kids dying of drowning in pools due to negligent adults compared to kids dying of dog attacks, is it fair to say then you would not think small kids and pools need to mix since too much can happen?

Just trying to be clear.
tikirob

Post by tikirob »

I have seen some good mixes but I always hate it when a dog get demonized. I know a few friends that own mixes and never had a problem, but I read the news too so I watch them like a hawk when my four year old is around. I feel bad sometimes because I judged this dog.

Tikirob
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

24Hours;684491 wrote: Thank you for relating your personal experiences, Red. OK, so since one can come up with lots of pool/swimming/drowning scenarios and stories akin to the good dog ones you just expressed, is it fair to say that this comment by you ...

... could reasonably be applied to swimming pools?

If a city, or the average city, has more small kids dying of drowning in pools due to negligent adults compared to kids dying of dog attacks, is it fair to say then you would not think small kids and pools need to mix since too much can happen?

Just trying to be clear.

Not sure where you're going with that Frank. But I'll say this. Dogs of any breed do not need to be banned. Swimming pools do not need to be banned. Parents, dog owners and surrounding adults need to be smart about things and be prepared for anything that *might* happen. Would you leave your 2 year old to his or her self in a pool? I doubt it. Even if he or she is taking baby swimming lessons I'll bet you wouldn't do it. So why not exercise that same caution with animals?

I keep telling people there are reasons why it's almost always a kid between 1 and 5 who gets bitten or attacked by a dog.
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

RedGlitter;684495 wrote: Not sure where you're going with that Frank.

I was just seeing if your comment about dogs not needing to be mixed with small kids because too much could happen could be applied to swimming pools, like I said. Thanks for the responses.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

24Hours;684496 wrote: I was just seeing if your comment about dogs not needing to be mixed with small kids because too much could happen could be applied to swimming pools, like I said. Thanks for the responses.

You're welcome. What do you think about that, Frank?
24Hours

Post by 24Hours »

RedGlitter;684499 wrote: You're welcome. What do you think about that, Frank?

What are you referring to, exactly?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

24Hours;684501 wrote: What are you referring to, exactly?

Since this is your thread, I was asking you about your feelings on the pit issue and also the pit-child issue.
neffy

Post by neffy »

i have got 2 rotts and a staffy,there are some breeds out there that are used for mans plessure.

We 95% of the time are the cause,i could have made my boys into guard dogs and my staffy into a fighting dog but i choice not to,they are like any other dog out there loving ,loyal and good fun to have around.

Punish the deed not the breed
The rottie queen
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Mia;684228 wrote: It takes a long time to breed out the vicious streak in a breed.Pit Bulls were bred as fighting dogs,I would not trust one near a child.If you want this type of breed ,why not have a staffordshire bull terrier,this is a much gentler breed but also very protective of its owner.Staffs were bred as fighters once,and still have a tendency to attack other dogs.

It is not allways down to how they are raised,it is the nature of the breed.

mia i have 3 staffs they have never even growled at another dog
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Lon;684440 wrote: Pit Bulls are my least favorite dog. I just don't like their looks. I know that if raised from a puppy and properly trained they can be a nice pet. My experience with the breed has not been favorable however. They have proved to be pretty unreliable. There haven't been too many instances of Afgans or St. Bernard's chewing on kids arms and legs.

there are more pit bull type dogs in the US than st ber or afgans so ya going to get more bites from that breed

dog 4 dog i would say there is not a lot of diff

also a german sheperd will do more damage than a sfaff/PIT they grab and hold

german sheperds repeat bit snap snap snap

jes
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

jimbo;684269 wrote: i would not let a child play with

battery acid

sharp machinery

broken glass

lions

crocodiles

tigers

paedophiles

oh let me see ???? is there anything else oh yes

especially a purpose built aggressive killing machine that has been born just to rip living things to bits and fight oh yes that should cover it

i really cant believe that people take a chance with their child's life ..i just dont get it at all :confused:

imagine this on a small child

ok jimbonobeo

imagine none of these so called dangerious dog were there

Return to “General Chit Chat”