The Water Diet?

john8pies

The Water Diet?

Post by john8pies »

Please help!

Somebody told me that if I ate nothing and drank only water for a period of 30 days I would be guaranteed to lose lots and lots of weight and that it was totally safe

Then somebody else told me that it isn`t good to eat nothing for such a long period of time,and that anyway the body would just adjust to the new regime and I`d lose hardly any weight at all despite all the effort and hunger!

Does anybody know who is telling the truth out of these 2 please?! :-2
persephone

The Water Diet?

Post by persephone »

Fad diets are stupid and dangerous that is all you really need to know about any of them.

The best way to lose weight requires a little more effort than these diets make out.

A balanced nutrional food intake and exercise is the only sensible way to lose weight. It may take a little while and it may take some will power but it works. While you are on it you may learn to change your eating habbits so when you are down to your target weight you don't return to the rubbish diet that is so easy.

The best way to learn what you should and shouldn't be eating is to join something like weight watchers, you don't need to constantly count the points and weigh things after a few weeks and you have all the guide books. If you feel you do need the support then you can continue to go to the meetings.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
TMC

The Water Diet?

Post by TMC »

To much water could lead to fluid retention, so best leave that out.
persephone

The Water Diet?

Post by persephone »

TMC wrote: To much water could lead to fluid retention, so best leave that out.And fluid retention puts a strain on the heart and other organs :thinking:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
weeder

The Water Diet?

Post by weeder »

john8pies wrote: Please help!

Somebody told me that if I ate nothing and drank only water for a period of 30 days I would be guaranteed to lose lots and lots of weight and that it was totally safe

Then somebody else told me that it isn`t good to eat nothing for such a long period of time,and that anyway the body would just adjust to the new regime and I`d lose hardly any weight at all despite all the effort and hunger!

Does anybody know who is telling the truth out of these 2 please?! :-2
You would lose weight initially.. Especially if you are young. I dont know how old you are... But surely youve heard of anorexia???? After about 14 days your body would begin to eat its own major organs... If you understand the concept of a car needing gas to run.. You must acknowledge that you know a body needs food to function.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
abbey

The Water Diet?

Post by abbey »

John, not too sure about this diet it does'nt sound right to me.

Its true to say that water makes you feel full, but you would'nt get any nutrients in the diet.

Its also dangerous to drink to much water, it can lead to water intoxication and a condition called Hyponatremia which results from diluting the sodium in your body.

Basically what happens is, drinking too much water causes the tissue & cells within your body to swell, the swelling puts pressure on your brain which can cause seizures, coma & sometimes death!

My advice John, steer clear x.
CARLA

The Water Diet?

Post by CARLA »

To extreme if you ask me, who could eat nothing for 30 day anyway.. not safe, or a good idea.. :-3

People have gone over board with water anyway.. You should only drink it when your thirsty, not every 5 seconds out of a designer bottle... it flushed all your vitimins out of your body.. It's a myth that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day.. DRINK WHEN YOUR THIRSTY PERIOD.. It does cause water retention, in people with high blood pressure, which leads to congestive heart failure... :-3

SO AS MY MOTHER ALWAYS TELLS ME EVERYTHING IN MODERATION.. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

valerie

The Water Diet?

Post by valerie »

There's elements to what both these people are saying to you. Your

body generally will quit sending hunger signals after a time, though.

It is hard on your heart for all the reasons everyone has mentioned.

If you thought you could do it and are in good health and get doctor

assist, you might try a liquid diet. But people most often gain all weight

back and more besides.

The only real way to lose weight, sadly, is to burn more calories than you

consume. Move more, eat less. But not TOO much less, your body will

adjust and slow your metabolism accordingly. And I think I heard or read

somewhere that after your 20's, your metabolism slows about 10% per

decade.

It really, really is a tough deal any way you look at it!!

:yh_eyerol
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”