Memeory's of the 90's

Where the 1990's never ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of the 1990's.
abbey

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by abbey »

You ramble away luv.... and congratulations on your impending baby girl, i guess when we're at school we all have dreams of the glorious life we'll have, its all part of growing up, its only when ya sit & think of a certain era in your life that you begin to get nostalgic.

In ten years time when your daughter is running rings around you you'll probably do exactly the same thing, its a lovely way of comforting ourselves remembering the dreams we once had x
BabyRider

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by BabyRider »

Whoa! How soon will your baby girl arrive? Congratulations!! Trust me, as a mom of a 15 year old boy, as soon as you get into the parenting thing, you will realize that you are doing the single most important thing in the world: Raising a child. Rock star? *pshaw* They have it easy!! Give 'em a newborn and watch 'em run and hide. You're about to take on the most significant and most rewarding job any one can have. I envy you! :yh_peace
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by Jives »

Hey! I was in school too! As a teacher! I had just moved back from Phoenix and quit my corporate job to take care of my mother, and I decided to try my hand at substituting.

Lo and behold, I got picked up as a full time teacher, I went back to college and got my third degree in education and became the Math department head for Mesa View Middle School.

Those were great times, although now I realize I barely knew anything about teaching. I'll always remember the dances, because I was the DJ! (I moonlighted as a DJ and wedding singer for Strings and Things music) My wife and I always went to every one of them.

I also fondly remember teaching TV101, it was a great time and we did a morning show every morning that was broadcast to the entire school via closed circuit.

I had a very nice and progressive principal and he let us use special effects and music and just generaly have a ball. I had to handpick that class because all 700 kids at the schoool wanted into it.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Porpoise

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by Porpoise »

I spent the most of the 90's in elementary school. Ah the days of playing with Barbies.... The 90's rocked! :-6
DANGER!I drive like you do.
next12win

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by next12win »

When Sublime videos were on MTV and VH1 all day!
I'm against picketing. But, I don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run. -Simon Wilder
hotsauce

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by hotsauce »

I remember Nirvana!
hotsauce

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by hotsauce »

hotsauce wrote: I remember Nirvana!The 90's where when I first started to sneak into bars...and that polk-a-dot dress...the 90's make me think of that.

oops dang...i know...rude...i double posted....i meant to "edit" not "quote" myself...... :o
minks

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: What was your best memory of the 90's? I was in School all through them so i would have to say High School.. It was SOO much fun! all the dances and cheerleading, Volleyball, softball and football games & the parties were awesome, Every friday and Saturday night.. Everything from Jr High to High school was the best time of my life so far. I aften tell Tim that sometimes i wish i could go back to those days.. Even just for a week!!!

The birth of the last Minks Jr. She was 10 hours of hades, but so worth it.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
ghost ship in a storm

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by ghost ship in a storm »

I grew up in a small town on the north west coast of England and oh yes - 1992-1995, wish I could go back there!

Started going out of a night aged 15 in 92 - "no more than four pints and home by one o'clock" (both roundly ignored but both me and my parents kept up the pretence) - drinking cider, listening and dancing to Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, The Pixies, discovering punk music and for the first time in a true concerted fashion girls. Having hair down past my shoulders and dying it red...

Move on a couple of years: being in sixth form, walking into the pub we always used to start off in in town and knowing at least half the people in there. Sometimes going back home at the end of the night. The soundtrack had of course changed: this was Britpop - Pulp, Oasis, Blur (especially Blur - girls who want boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls etc...) Getting very into John Cooper Clarke, nicking my Dad's Bowie albums (still got a few...), deciding I was never going to work but that I was going to move to Budapest and become a writer (never did it...) Buying old suits from second hand shops in an attempt to look like Jarvis Cocker. Shooting Stars, The Fast Show, Attention Scum, Fantasy Football being on telly. The nineties were, to coin a phrase, BRILLLLIAAAAANNNTTTT :)
chonsigirl

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by chonsigirl »

hotsauce wrote: I remember Nirvana!
You go HotSauce!
nvalleyvee

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by nvalleyvee »

My daughters wa a teen during the last 5 years - bad ..bad.. bad
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
chonsigirl

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by chonsigirl »

I go 90 mph in the desert when driving................:) *LC didn't hear that*
Jives

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by Jives »

Hmmm...for me the 90's were about being a teacher. I went back to college, got my third degree and became a full-fledged teacher.

But I also moonlighted as a wedding singer and D.J during those years, so a few memories of that creep in. Memories of flashing lights, loud music and a microphone.;)
chonsigirl

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by chonsigirl »

What did you sing Jives?

*seeing the girls waiting to swoon*
lady cop

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by lady cop »

chonsigirl wrote: I go 90 mph in the desert when driving................:) *LC didn't hear that*nope, i just didn't catch you! :wah: ...i did 125 a few times, , nearly vomited from terror! :driving:
chonsigirl

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by chonsigirl »

lady cop wrote: nope, i just didn't catch you! :wah: ...i did 125 a couple times, , nearly vomited from terror! :driving:
Oh my gosh, 125! Watch out Indy 500! You weren't on a chase or anything like that?
lady cop

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by lady cop »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh my gosh, 125! Watch out Indy 500! You weren't on a chase or anything like that?yes...hot pursuit through town...gas, brake, gas, brake, throw up, gas, scream though speakers at people who don't move over, brake, vomit. ..we also had some doofus doing 180 on a bike on A1A, could not get him, had to call out chopper. then scrape his minimal brain matter off pavement.
chonsigirl

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by chonsigirl »

What a woman you are LC! Hot pursuit, at such a risk!
lady cop

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by lady cop »

chonsigirl wrote: What a woman you are LC! Hot pursuit, at such a risk!you're very kind, but we practice this stuff twice a year at the academy for inservice training...usually we only kill a few instructors. :D
Jives

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by Jives »

chonsigirl wrote: What did you sing Jives?

*seeing the girls waiting to swoon*
Oh...a little bit of everything. Some 80's standards, some Frank Sinatra, and one time even "Hava Nageela" followed by "La Bamba" for a Jewish / Hispanic Wedding

:D
Bez

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by Bez »

All my grandchildren were born in the 90s....can't get more memorable than that...

A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
actionfigurestepho

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I loved the nineties! Alternative music, Sublime...mmm. Then there was the fashion. I had "mall bangs." They were about chin length, and they were teased up and combed over from the side making this high waterfall of hair. That was somewhere around 1992 I believe. Then I got a body perm and I would curl my bangs so some were on my forehead and the rest made this little broccoli shaped formation kind of floating over the rest of my hair. After that grunge came out. Grunge was awesome. You'd throw on some hiking boots and a flannel shirt (we called them "flannels") and a white t-shirt underneath, some ripped up jeans (now back in fashion) and a scrunchy. I also remember the multiple hair elastic thing. That was a ponytail with an elastic wrapped around it every three inches or so. And suspenders! Baggy pants, tight cropped shirts and suspenders. Talk about hot. The "In Living Color" booty dance girls wore them all the time. Then there were leggings or stirrup pants and baggy sweaters or long button downs. The look that flattered every figure. I had leggings in every color!

Those were the years big, roundish gold rimmed glasses were in. They looked almost like the eighties plastic glasses but they were slightly smaller and metallic. Mine were huge! I'm going to have to post some sexy 90s glasses pictures.
observer1

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by observer1 »

I left my ex in the beginning of the 90s. Raised my daughter through the 90s. Had a few boyfriends in the 90s. Got my heart broken repeatedly in the 90s. GOSH! I sure miss the 90s! :p
Bez

Memeory's of the 90's

Post by Bez »

My first 4 grandchildren were born in the 90s and what a joy they are.....other than that it wasn't too memorable and not the happiest decade in my life....never mind.....look forward not back.

Now the 60s when I was a teenager...that's another matter...;)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Return to “The 1990's.”