The Taos Hum

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

Does anyone know anything about this?

It's supposed to be a lowpitched hum kind of like a diesel engine that about 2 percent of the people in Taos, New Mexico can hear. Some people think it's a secret governmental experiment and have had strange suits come to their door and threaten them. These people report headaches and illness. Others can't hear it.

Anyone have any comments on this?
Sheryl

The Taos Hum

Post by Sheryl »

I've never heard it and I've been to Taos several times. However there is a Buddhist Temple a few miles outside of Taos, wonder if it's their humming folks hear. :-2
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
JacksDad

The Taos Hum

Post by JacksDad »

It's not the monks. The sound from the earth is where the monks get their hum from.

OM. Pronounced aum. Say it out loud and you will hear all the vowels of the alphabet.

Listen. Taos Hum.
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

Okay that was weird. I didn't hear anything. Does that mean I'm one of the ones who can't?
JacksDad

The Taos Hum

Post by JacksDad »

Yes that is weird.

I hear it.

Do you have you're speakers on?
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

Yep. Sound is working on everything else. I must not be in that magic 2 percent! :wah:
spot

The Taos Hum

Post by spot »

I can hear it and I don't have my speakers plugged in. The Bristol Hum is quite well known too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

The Taos Hum

Post by chonsigirl »

I had never read about it before, I loked it up-and the Bristol hum too.
Chookie

The Taos Hum

Post by Chookie »

I heard the Taos one, but the Bristol one is because they never wash their feet.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Fibonacci

The Taos Hum

Post by Fibonacci »

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG! WTF!

I heard it!

I had heard about this from "Unexplained Mysteries". But, I didn't believe it.

Man, That's some spooky stuff!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

I can't hear it, Fib. What does it sound like?
Fibonacci

The Taos Hum

Post by Fibonacci »

Its hard to describe. It was a low steady buzz. It kinda sounded like a pulse.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Fibonacci

The Taos Hum

Post by Fibonacci »

i didnt see your post mag.

I got that too.
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks!!
The Rob

The Taos Hum

Post by The Rob »

I'm going to use Occam's Razor here to suggest that it's some sort of resonance manifested through strata in the rock formations in the area.
The Rob

The Taos Hum

Post by The Rob »

From Wikipedia:

Infrasound made by geological events

Infrasound from different possible sources, possibly geologic or plate tectonic in nature.
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

I see what you mean now, Rob. When you said Occam's Razor, I was thinking of the eyeball slicing film and wondered how that fit in here. :o I went and looked it up so now I'm in the loop! That infrasound stuff is very interesting. It seems plausible too.

So you don't think it's a secret governmental thing then?
The Rob

The Taos Hum

Post by The Rob »

RedGlitter;665230 wrote: I see what you mean now, Rob. When you said Occam's Razor, I was thinking of the eyeball slicing film...

Eeeeewwwww!!

RedGlitter;665230 wrote: So you don't think it's a secret governmental thing then?

Nope. They can't be blamed for every-damn-thing, now can they? :wah:

Or...can they? :thinking:
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

I, Rob;665239 wrote: Eeeeewwwww!!

Nope. They can't be blamed for every-damn-thing, now can they? :wah:

Or...can they? :thinking:

Welll....... :rolleyes: :wah:
guppy

The Taos Hum

Post by guppy »

that was fricken wierd..and it made my ears close up..like going over a high mountian..wtf?????? :thinking:
RedGlitter

The Taos Hum

Post by RedGlitter »

guppy;665294 wrote: that was fricken wierd..and it made my ears close up..like going over a high mountian..wtf?????? :thinking:

Really?! Now *that's* weird!! :-2
spot

The Taos Hum

Post by spot »

guppy;665294 wrote: that was fricken wierd..and it made my ears close up..like going over a high mountian..wtf?????? :thinking:

Fish are obviously not designed for such extreme mountainous conditions. Stay in your puddle, girl.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
guppy

The Taos Hum

Post by guppy »

spot;665298 wrote: Fish are obviously not designed for such extreme mountainous conditions. Stay in your puddle, girl. lol...okie dokie:p
JacksDad

The Taos Hum

Post by JacksDad »

Odd how the sound affects people. I find it very peaceful.

And to me it sounds like a very deep aaaauuuummmmmm.

Before the beginning, the Brahman (absolute reality) was one and non-dual. It thought, “I am only one — may I become many.” This caused a vibration which eventually became sound, and this sound was Om. Creation itself was set in motion by the vibration of Om. The closest approach to Brahman is that first sound, Om. Thus, this sacred symbol has become emblematic of Brahman just as images are emblematic of material objects. The vibration produced by chanting Om in the physical universe corresponds to the original vibration that first arose at the time of creation. The sound of Om is also called Pranava, meaning that it sustains life and runs through Prana or breath. Om also represents the four states of the Supreme Being. The three sounds in Om (AUM) represent the waking, dream and deep sleep states and the silence which surrounds Om represents the “Turiya” state.
Sheryl

The Taos Hum

Post by Sheryl »

I could here it on the recording, and the only place I can think of that I've heard a sound close to that in Taos, was while standing on the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son

Return to “Paranormal Science”