Bring our Troops Home

maccat

Bring our Troops Home

Post by maccat »

For how much longer are we going to continue to send our soldiers into danger on the streets of Iraq? On an almost daily basis we are hearing of another death in our armed forces. These brave men and women are packed off half way around the world in an effort to bring peace to a country ravaged by war. Government rely on there loyalty in wanting to serve queen and country. However these people have families back home worrying about them. Wondering whether or not they will ever see them again.

Yes sure enough there people signed up for the Army with a view to protecting our country. But this battle taking place in Iraq is a never-ending nightmare. I think it is high time we left the Iraqi people to sort their country out themselves.

Bush set the ball rolling by drumming into our heads that Saddam Hussein had a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. However as we all know this was a false statement, yet it was the main reason for sending our troops into Iraq.

Now armed with this knowledge and having removed Saddam from power, I would say our mission is complete. And until we vacate their country, there will never be a chance of stability. There is too much resentment towards the Americans by the Iraqi citizens for they’re to ever be peace on the streets of Iraq.

Maybe it’s time our government got some backbone and stopped letting Bush pull the strings. If the Americans want to stay out in the gulf then leave them to it. But bring our soldiers back to Britain and more importantly back to their families.
buttercup

Bring our Troops Home

Post by buttercup »

Your quite contriversial for a n00b, refreshing, i think i like you. Welcome to the garden :-6
el guapo

Bring our Troops Home

Post by el guapo »

until we finish the job we started

cant pull out and leave the too it now
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
buttercup

Bring our Troops Home

Post by buttercup »

Oh yes we can

Now El guapo you say - oh no we cant :p
el guapo

Bring our Troops Home

Post by el guapo »

o yes we can

we could but that would be a waste of the lives of those who died getting this far
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
JacksDad

Bring our Troops Home

Post by JacksDad »

'Tis Mags.

But this isn't 'Nam.

It's a whole new beast.

:-5
BTS

Bring our Troops Home

Post by BTS »

maccat;649218 wrote: Bush set the ball rolling by drumming into our heads that Saddam Hussein had a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. However as we all know this was a false statement, yet it was the main reason for sending our troops into Iraq.

SOOOOOOOOO He (President GW Bush) set the Ball a rollin, EH.......maccat .......?

Really now...

He (President Bush) assumed office in 2000. Here are a few quotes from other Americans in the "KNOW", many are prior to 2000 but most are AFTER he assumed office and before we liberated the Iraqi's in 2003:

***NOTE******

Don't you JUST hate the Internet for storing your hero's statements?

PS: Sorry SOOOOOOOO long but there are MANY quotes on WMD from these WISE people........

Madeleine Albright February 1, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and the security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

Tom Daschle > February 11, 1998

"The (Clinton) administration has said, 'Look, we have exhausted virtually our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that, what other option is there but to force them to do so?' That's what they're saying. This is the key question. And the answer is we don't have another option. We have got to force them to comply, and we are doing so militarily."

Bill Clinton > February 17, 1998

"We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st Century.... They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

John Kerry > February 23, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions near but not exactly in the Middle East."

Bill Richardson > May 29, 1998

"The threat of nuclear proliferation is one of the big challenges that we have now, especially by states that have nuclear weapons, outlaw states like Iraq."

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Bill Clinton > December 17, 1998

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq.... Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."

Letter to President Clinton, signed by:

-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

Nancy Pelosi > December 16, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology, which is a threat to countries in the region, and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

Letter to President Bush, Signed by:

-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

Madeline Albright > February 18, 2002

Iraq is a long way from (here), but what happens there matters a great deal here, for the risk that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest national security threat we face -- and it is a threat against which we must and will stand firm."

Evan Bayh > August 4, 2002

"I'm inclined to support going in there and dealing with Saddam, but I think that case

needs to be made on a separate basis: his possession of biological and chemical weapons, his desire to get nuclear weapons, his proven track record of attacking his neighbors and others."

Joe Biden > August 4, 2002

"This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world, and this is a guy who is in every way possible seeking weapons of mass destruction."

"We know he continues to attempt to gain access to additional capability, including nuclear capability."

Bill Nelson > August 25, 2002

"[M]y own personal view is, I think Saddam

has chemical and biological weapons,

and I expect that he is trying to develop

a nuclear weapon. So at some point,

we might have to act precipitously."

Jane Harman > August 27, 2002

"I certainly think (Hussein's) developing nuclear capability which, fortunately, the Israelis set back 20 years ago with their preemptive attack which, in hindsight, looks pretty darn good."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"First of all, we don't know exactly what he has. It's been five years since inspectors have been in there, number one. Number two, it is clear that he has residual of chemical weapons and biological weapons, number one."

"[H]e does have the capacity, as all terrorist-related operations do, of smuggling stuff into the United States and doing something terrible. That is true. But there's been no connection, hard connection made yet between he and al-Qaida or his willingness or effort to do that thus far. Doesn't mean he won't. This is a bad guy."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Dick Gephardt > September 23, 2002

"(I have seen) a large body of intelligence information over a long time that he is working on and has weapons of mass destruction. Before 1991, he was close to a nuclear device. Now, you'll get a debate about whether it's one year away or five years away."

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

Russell Feingold > October 9, 2002

"With regard to Iraq, I agree Iraq presents a genuine threat, especially in the form of weapons of mass destruction: chemical, biological and potentially nuclear weapons. I agree that Saddam Hussein is exceptionally dangerous and brutal, if not uniquely so, as the president argues."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"

-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

Hillary Clinton > October 10, 2002

"It is clear, however, that if left unchecked Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capability to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

"It is Hussein's vigorous pursuit of biological, chemical and nuclear weapons, and his present and future potential support for terrorist acts and organizations that make him a danger to the people of the united states."

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has and has had for a number of years a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

Johnny Edwards > January 7, 2003

"Serving on the intelligence committee and seeing day after day, week after week, briefings on Saddam's weapons of mass destruction and his plans on using those weapons, he cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons. It's just that simple. The whole world changes if Saddam ever has nuclear weapons."

Hillary Clinton > January 22, 2003

"I voted for the Iraqi resolution. I consider the prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam Hussein who can threaten not only his neighbors but the stability of the region and the world, a very serious threat to the United States."

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

John Kerry > January 31, 2003

"If you don't believe...Saddam Hussein

is a threat with nuclear weapons, then

you shouldn't vote for me."

Johnny Edwards > February 6, 2003

"The question is whether we're going to allow this man who's been developing weapons of mass destruction continue to develop weapons of mass destruction, get nuclear capability and get to the place where -- if we're going to stop him if he invades a country around him -- it'll cost millions of lives as opposed to thousands of lives."

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
spot

Bring our Troops Home

Post by spot »

BTS;650885 wrote: He (President Bush) assumed office in 2000. Here are a few quotes from other Americans in the "KNOW", many are prior to 2000 but most are AFTER he assumed office and before we liberated the Iraqi's in 2003Yay BTS. Here's a quote that goes well with that, from Michael Ruppert:People talk to me about the issue of Republican and Democrat as if they don’t get it. I say, "Look, here’s how you get it: it’s organized crime. All you do is call the Republicans the Genoveses and the Democrats the Gambinos".

The people at the top treat it like a crap game - like it’s their crap game. Like they’re making lots of money. Occasionally somebody at the table shoots each other but the moment anyone threatens their crap game they all unite to protect it.

They’re both controlled by the same financial, economic and corporate interests.I do hope you like that as much as I do.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
BTS

Bring our Troops Home

Post by BTS »

spot;650902 wrote: Yay BTS. Here's a quote that goes well with that, from Michael Ruppert:People talk to me about the issue of Republican and Democrat as if they don’t get it. I say, "Look, here’s how you get it: it’s organized crime. All you do is call the Republicans the Genoveses and the Democrats the Gambinos".

The people at the top treat it like a crap game - like it’s their crap game. Like they’re making lots of money. Occasionally somebody at the table shoots each other but the moment anyone threatens their crap game they all unite to protect it.

They’re both controlled by the same financial, economic and corporate interests.I do hope you like that as much as I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccat

Bush set the ball rolling by drumming into our heads that Saddam Hussein had a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. However as we all know this was a false statement, yet it was the main reason for sending our troops into Iraq.

My reply was to this statement (ABOVE) spot........

False or not it was believed at the time that we were facing possible WMD's...... by many in the WORLD not just the USA.....

So what does that have to do with being "controlled by the same financial, economic and corporate interests."
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
JacksDad

Bring our Troops Home

Post by JacksDad »

Funny, BTS.

All that bullshite denial from the left. But it's too late. The whole thing has gotten so far outta control. Not in a military sense, Mags. But politically

I love Spot's quote. Organized crime.

That's what it's become.

:-5
spot

Bring our Troops Home

Post by spot »

BTS;650913 wrote: My reply was to this statement (ABOVE) spot........

False or not it was believed at the time that we were facing possible WMD's...... by many in the WORLD not just the USA.....And so what if that had been the case (though I note my firm conviction that your damnable administration deliberately salted the evidence with what they knew to be lies). So what if Iraq had possessed WMD? What possible business was it of the USA to act unilaterally on the matter, when US homeland security was completely unaffected by its existence? US homeland security is in a damn sight more parlous state now than it was before the lies were spread.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Irmin

Bring our Troops Home

Post by Irmin »

We need to do just that. It makes no sense to have our soldiers fighting terrorists overseas when we have them right under our noses, on English soil. A war needs to be fought at home if terrorism is to be stopped.
Sweet Tooth

Bring our Troops Home

Post by Sweet Tooth »

I feel like I have to say something here considering my husband has served 2 tours in Iraq with the USMC. You see, the problem isn't really all of Bush's for our soldiers and Marines ( yes there is a difference) who have fallen over there. The democrats are trying to underfund the military thinking that it will make the military stop, when all it does is make the military less prepared with inadequate armor and less weapon power! Not to mention the fact the truly, despite what the media says, the majority of Iraq wants us there and is afraid of us abandoning them, AGAIN!
spot

Bring our Troops Home

Post by spot »

Which counts most, Sweet Tooth? Extremists don't breed from being left alone, they breed from angering the great majority of people who aren't extreme until some more get so angry that they go over the edge. The presence of Coalition troops in the Middle East is feeding that anger and creating those extremists, and it always will until those troops are drawn back into their own Homeland. They're not only in harm's way, they're directly and solely causing the size of the extremist backlash. Iraq is its own responsibility, not the Coalition's responsibility. Iraq didn't ask to be "liberated", after all. Let them sort it out without. Any solution they come up with is better than what they've been given.

Return to “International Politics”