Pot helps people with MS (not)

A forum for our physically challenged members.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

My friend who just happens to have 'MS' heard 'pot' helps.

She told me she crumbled some into cake mix & had the cake with a cup of tea later that night in the hope of a good night's sleep with no ache's & pains.

Quote her on phone today - Well i dont know whats so bloody relaxing about it, i must have got up at least 17 times convinced i'd left the cooker on, . :yh_rotfl
CrazyCruizChick

Post by CrazyCruizChick »

buttercup;648258 wrote: My friend who just happens to have 'MS' heard 'pot' helps.

She told me she crumbled some into cake mix & had the cake with a cup of tea later that night in the hope of a good night's sleep with no ache's & pains.

Quote her on phone today - Well i dont know whats so bloody relaxing about it, i must have got up at least 17 times convinced i'd left the cooker on, . :yh_rotfl

:wah: :wah:
boo_bear

Post by boo_bear »

:yh_rotfl I clouldn't stop lafing when I read this
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

Very dangerous way to have it, be careful!
Madcow

Post by Madcow »

thats too cute. :wah:

Crazygirls right tho, unless your friends an "experienced" cannibis user, an even for an experienced user, eating it is going to pack a sneaky punch.

My friend smokes it, she has severe RA and the medication she is on often makes her ill and as a result she has lost a lot of weight, smoking it gets rid of her nausea and helps give her an appetite. (munchies!)
oldebulldawg

Post by oldebulldawg »

buttercup;648258 wrote: My friend who just happens to have 'MS' heard 'pot' helps.

.Quote her on phone today - Well i dont know whats so bloody relaxing about it, i must have got up at least 17 times convinced i'd left the cooker on, . :yh_rotfl

I don't know about your friend but I have to tell you that for chronic acute disabling pain marijuana does help. Of course different drugs work differently for different people. It works in conjunction with the opiates, I have found that it works in an entirely different way though. What marijuana, smoked, not eaten, does is sort of distracts you from the pain. That is not to say it is a substitute for the narcotics, but as an addition.

When I had tried it over a period of a few weeks, I found that my use of Norco for breakthrough pain was considerably less. That in itself is a good thing, the fact that it does help with the pain is an added bonus. Thousands of MD's seem to agree with me. In the US more and more states are passing medical marijuana laws. They would not do that if brave physicians had not gone to bat for it, knowing that it does in fact help with pain relief. Fortunately I live in a state that does have a medical marijuana law, that is unless the federal govt. doesn't try to arrest the Dr's for discussing it with their patients, or writing the necessary prescription to use it.

The last Supreme Court (federal) ruling made it easier for the doctors to prescribe it without fear of losing the ability to prescribe narcotics when necessary. :-5

Return to “Physically Challenged”