Dog keeps scratching

All aspects of your pet's behavior. Do you need help? Is your pet behaving normally?
boo_bear

Dog keeps scratching

Post by boo_bear »

Hi, my dog keeps scratching in the same place. It has become really red. He hasnt any fleas coz I checked. And no tics neither. Can anyone help, thanx
Mia

Dog keeps scratching

Post by Mia »

Where does he scratch? Is it his ears,that could mean he needs his ears cleaning.

Some dogs scratch just for the hell of it,Sometimes it could be a skin complaint.Maybe you should take him to the vets.
boo_bear

Dog keeps scratching

Post by boo_bear »

Its his belly. He scrathes with his back legs. Yea but I dnt want to take him to the vets. Its always bad news. :(
Bryn Mawr

Dog keeps scratching

Post by Bryn Mawr »

boo_bear;656018 wrote: Hi, my dog keeps scratching in the same place. It has become really red. He hasnt any fleas coz I checked. And no tics neither. Can anyone help, thanx

With ours it's on her haunches and it's either a skin irritation that needs an injection from the vet to ease or it's her anal glands being overfull.

I understand that it could also be a mite infestation although our Beschon has never suffered from that.
boo_bear

Dog keeps scratching

Post by boo_bear »

I suppose I should take him the vets, but it is always bad news
RedGlitter

Dog keeps scratching

Post by RedGlitter »

Well, Boo Bear, if it's bad news, it's better to know so you can help your dog. He depends on you for that. I doubt it can be that bad, just scratching. Some dogs have sensitive skin and they get "hot spots." There's stuff the vet can give you for that.

There could be a number of reasons for the scratching. Allergy to the shampoo or anything you've used on him. Allergy to carpet deodorizers,food allergy, several things that aren't a big deal. Just take the furry guy to your vet and see what the trouble is. It's like taking your child to the doctor, because he is your child, in a way. Nobody likes to have to go to the doctor but they help us feel better. I'm sure your friend would like to be more comfortable.:-6
DelicateDominatrix

Dog keeps scratching

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

If your pet keeps itching it could be a food allergy.Keep an eye on what you feel him and what treats and snacks he or she gets.It could be the reason.

My dog is allergic to many dog foods.I have to buy him a special one.It's a bit more in price but worth it :)

Good luck

Return to “Pet Behavior”