A day out with Dee

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

Had a day out yesterday with my friend Dee which i'll show you in photo's & give snippets of information on the locations.

She's moving into a new house but a lot of renovation has to be done, we'll start there. Can you believe someone had painted those stunning marble fireplaces in white gloss wtf?

First two are of the entrance & original victorian floor tiles which only need a good clean & edging to restore to their former glory.

The others are the front room which is the first one being done up as it will be used as a home based salon. The coving is particularly stunning, very intricate, but pretty hard for you to make out in the photo. You can make out some of the grounds to the front through the front room window.

Attached files
Imladris

A day out with Dee

Post by Imladris »

Wow! That's the sort of house I've always wanted to live in, lucky Dee!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
spot

A day out with Dee

Post by spot »

Orbs! That'll please Pinky.

It's a wonderful set of rooms B, I like the place. You didn't lie on your back and take pictures of the ceilings, you should have.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

The house is a former manse & the name is to be kept, do you like her mosaic work? It came up really shiny after a clean. She looks so happy Awwwww

Other photo's are in the back courtyard. She's even got some wild buttercups :D

Attached files
Carl44

A day out with Dee

Post by Carl44 »

a very nice house indeed, where did you get that sunshine from :mad:

your hogging it all :thinking:

i need some i'm growing gills here for crying out loud :-5
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

Managed to get a shot of the coving in the second front room, again the fireplace in there had been painted in white gloss wtf?

The rest of the house has been stripped right back, it was in a really poor state as you can see in the pics. The house is on three levels. I'll post more pics when they are completed so you can see the difference. She has excellent taste so it will really have the wow factor when finished :D

P.S - she's single Spot :sneaky:

Attached files
RedGlitter

A day out with Dee

Post by RedGlitter »

Those tiles are absolutely beautiful. As you might or might not know, I love all things Victorian so I really appreciate seeing these photos. I also like the grillwork? Gingerbread? That leafy scrolly stuff, don't know if it's wood or iron but it's pretty. And the stairs? If it were my house, I'd leave them just like that. That chipped paint gives much character. And those are cute photos of you, Buttercup. Thanks for the pictures!
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

After lunch (seafood paella) Yum, we headed to the stone circle at Loanhead of Daviot.

Apart from a lot of documented history of the stone's there's much local legends, folklore, fairy tales ect.

The stone's that you see Dee between hold up to five people although its a tight squeeze. This area was used for healing.

Its said making love in the centre of the circle guarantees a pregnancy, the child being a truly blessed & gifted child, a true gift from the gods. Some of the stone's are quite phallic hence the stories i imagine :D

Attached files
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

After that we headed out towards Westhall house in Oyne. Formerly a small hotel up until 1990 its been left to fall into its present state of disrepair :mad:

Scotland is full of these type of properties, its a crying shame that the owners keep a hold of them unlived in for so long, why not just sell it?

Anyway the property is about to come on the market, it will probably cost just as much to renovate it as it will be to buy it.

When it does come on the market i will go along for a viewing & take some photo's to let you see the inside ;)

Attached files
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

Then we picked up some take out food & wine & got a bit giggly, the end :D

Attached files
maccat

A day out with Dee

Post by maccat »

That looks an amazing house. All the origional decor makes it unique and timeless.
buttercup

A day out with Dee

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;652855 wrote: Those tiles are absolutely beautiful. As you might or might not know, I love all things Victorian so I really appreciate seeing these photos. I also like the grillwork? Gingerbread? That leafy scrolly stuff, don't know if it's wood or iron but it's pretty. And the stairs? If it were my house, I'd leave them just like that. That chipped paint gives much character. And those are cute photos of you, Buttercup. Thanks for the pictures!

Oh no the chipped paint has to go, The house has plenty of character, those are the stairs leading to the third floor. The main staircase does not need a lot of work but it most certainly will be redecorated. The house will be kindly restored & any features that can be kept will be kept, as i said the fireplaces were all painted in white gloss, it took several days just to remove that. The bathrooms will all be refitted in a victorian style & yet modern similar to below but not red in colour.

Attached files
Carl44

A day out with Dee

Post by Carl44 »

[quote=Pinky;653319]WOW!!! The house looks really enchanting! I'm sure it has a certain character all of it's own too! I must say, I'd love to see that stone circle, especially under a full moon.[/quote]

noooo pinky keep it covered :wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:

Return to “Scotland”