Egypt

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

7 years ago i went Egypt,it was only for 8 hours.Hubby done for a birthday gift and it was the first time i had flown.

We flew form a local airport and got there 11-15 there time,i just could not belivie i was in the land that i only dreamed of,we went to every tourist spot.And spent the last hour before we flew back home in the musuim which was out of this world.

We touched down at are local air at 11-30 at night.When woke up the next day i thought i had dream a lovely dream,what a place in the 8 hours there i was in love with every single thing
The rottie queen
spot

Egypt

Post by spot »

As birthday treats go that's a good one, neffy. You should go back, surely.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

I will one day spot,it was a dream come ture:-4
The rottie queen
the sword

Egypt

Post by the sword »

:cool: you should took around there more than 8 hour, you'll see what Egypt looks
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

the sword;644515 wrote: :cool: you should took around there more than 8 hour, you'll see what Egypt looks

SORRY:confused: not sure what you are saying
The rottie queen
SlipStream

Egypt

Post by SlipStream »

neffy;633614 wrote: 7 years ago i went Egypt,it was only for 8 hours.Hubby done for a birthday gift and it was the first time i had flown.

We flew form a local airport and got there 11-15 there time,i just could not belivie i was in the land that i only dreamed of,we went to every tourist spot.And spent the last hour before we flew back home in the musuim which was out of this world.

We touched down at are local air at 11-30 at night.When woke up the next day i thought i had dream a lovely dream,what a place in the 8 hours there i was in love with every single thing

wow what a day.
the sword

Egypt

Post by the sword »

I meant, Egypt has many beautiful views which you can see I you stayed more than 8 hours ,,,,
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

I know,sword it was a dream of mine since i was a young girl.I was so pleased because it also helped me get over a fear of flying.We will go back there one day and then there will be no stopping me then seeing all the great views:wah:
The rottie queen
the sword

Egypt

Post by the sword »

don't forget to visit pyramids;)
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

the sword;644579 wrote: don't forget to visit pyramids;)
that was the first port of call, i have got some photos but not on the comp,might take the negiatives to a photo shop to see if they can put them on disc:)
The rottie queen
CrazyCruizChick

Egypt

Post by CrazyCruizChick »

How lucky are you Neffy I would love to go to Egypt its my dream as well.:-4
saffy

Egypt

Post by saffy »

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, it's truely wonderful place. You could spend a year in just Cairo and not see everything I reckon.

The sand storms are something else though.

Attached files
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

are those pic of when you went saffy? i will go back there one day but maybe a bit longer than 8 hours :wah: :wah:
The rottie queen
saffy

Egypt

Post by saffy »

Yes, at the begining of the year.

I'm going back in october to take my kids when it cools down..it's way too hot at the moment!
Saffire

Egypt

Post by Saffire »

Hi neffy, what's Egypt like for holidaying? I plan to visit the Pyramids in October (if all is well with my health by then) I have been to the Sinai after visiting Israel and I have been to Jordan, but fancy the idea of visiting the Pyramids, will I need to have innoculations? when I was in the Sinai I got very sick, living with the Bedouin for 7 days and eating off the floor, no running water and no toilets or electricity, just desert sand and rocks and sleeping under the stars in great big open Bedouin tents, sharing our meals with the dogs and goats and donkeys and having our dishes washed in cold water without any washing up liquids. Thanks be to G-d that I am a vegetarian otherwise if I had eaten any meat, it would have finished me off, my husband also got very sick and he only recovered after we went back into Israel and he spent five more days just recovering in our rented apartment in Eilat.

By the way, I was born in Wiltshire.
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

what part of wiltshire where you born?:-4
The rottie queen
Saffire

Egypt

Post by Saffire »

neffy;651302 wrote: what part of wiltshire where you born?:-4

Just sent you a message ;) I still have my wiltshire accent, well sort of, people keep telling me that I am getting a bit of a Stokey accent ha! after being up this way for the last 10 years. I left Chippenham back in 1987, been living in Southern Ireland (Killarney and Limerick 6 years) and now in the Midlands where I have finally made my home, the longest I have lived anywhere. My husband is from an RAF family so we sort of drifted from town to town, as he spent his life in all parts of Europe and the Middle East.
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

i only went to egypt for a day we flew out form bounmth air port and got back to the uk at 11 that same night.We had 8 hours there and i it was great
The rottie queen
Saffire

Egypt

Post by Saffire »

neffy;651371 wrote: i only went to egypt for a day we flew out form bounmth air port and got back to the uk at 11 that same night.We had 8 hours there and i it was great

Sounds fantastic, will you visit again? we are thinking of going this October, but will see how things are, healthwise and with the situation in the Middle East, although Egypt seems ok at the moment, I would only be permitted to visit Egypt, Jordan or Israel.
neffy

Egypt

Post by neffy »

i would def go there again,felt so at home there .I know we only went for the day but it was enough for me to want to go back there again :-4
The rottie queen
G-man

Egypt

Post by G-man »

The last several times I've visited Egypt I stayed for a month or more... I still couldn't get enough. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “Travel Vacation”