No Smoking

maccat

No Smoking

Post by maccat »

Well a few more hours and then them famous words "Can you put that out please" Thats when the ridiculous no smoking law comes into effect. How on earth they expect to police this is beyond me. For Many years we have successfully got by with smoke free areas in public places, now some fool has decided on a total ban on smoking in public buildings. Obviously a no smoker him or herself.What next? It makes you wonder
RedGlitter

No Smoking

Post by RedGlitter »

maccat;649590 wrote: Well a few more hours and then them famous words "Can you put that out please" Thats when the ridiculous no smoking law comes into effect. How on earth they expect to police this is beyond me. For Many years we have successfully got by with smoke free areas in public places, now some fool has decided on a total ban on smoking in public buildings. Obviously a no smoker him or herself.What next? It makes you wonder

Obviously a no smoker himself? That's a bit presumptuous, no? Where I live we went smoke free in public places in May. It's great to be able to eat food in a restaurant without someone's smoke permeating my dinner or stinking up my hair and clothes.

Smoking areas and non smoking areas never really worked as the smoke doesn't know where the invisible line is and air filter sytems cost a lot of money to be good.

Who's gotten by with the smoke free areas? Have you asked the nonsmokers how it was?

After locking horns with you in the drug thread Maccat, I am surprised that you aren't against smoking. Easily one of the most basic drugs we have is nicotine. If you don't think it's a drug ask the people who tried to quit.

I don't think the people who've come up with this ban are fools at all, but some very sensible individuals.

You must think I'm hounding you today! :wah: I assure you I am not. But you seem to not back down from issues you believe in and neither do I. This is going to be interesting to say the least.
Lon

No Smoking

Post by Lon »

It's no big deal. It's happened here in California and the same in New Zealand. Kiwi's had a fit when smoking was banned in the Pub. All the Pubs have a designated out door spot adjacent to the Pub where they can puff away. Public places is a no no.
buttercup

No Smoking

Post by buttercup »

People thought the Irish would go nuts about it. They accepted it.

People thought the Scots would go nuts about it. They accepted it.

So its been tried out on the rest of us because the English are most likely (opinion wize) to go nuts about it. I should imagine you will all just accept it :rolleyes:
Gavyn

No Smoking

Post by Gavyn »

I think it is a good ideea to stop smoking in public places.If you want to ruin your health don't do the same with the peoples that are around you.

Return to “Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco”