Impressive in a restrained sort of way.

Where our decade hasn't ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of our current times.
spot

Post by spot »

For some reason ForumGarden doesn't have an Arts & Entertainment area for radio. Odd, that.

Anyway. The thread. I just listened to a fun format I've not met before, a 15-minute radio play written each week as a fictional response to the week's news. That's a tight production schedule, you'd think. It was well written, even poetic. It had David Soul as the lead actor which tightened it and made it work, he's always worth watching for especially on stage.

He's on stage next week at The Actors' Church Covent Garden for a one-night "eclectic fund-raising evening of live performance" should anyone in London on Thursday be interested.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

But where's the radio play?

Can we hear it online?
spot

Post by spot »

For some strange reason no, it's not been archived by the online site. It's repeated tomorrow live though, and that's available when it goes out.

Repeated: Sunday 17 June 2007 17:40-17:54

Listen at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4.shtml?fm

Those times are GMT+1.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

Will there be music? I like music when I listen to the radio. :p
spot

Post by spot »

No, you trivial creature of darkness, there will not be music.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

Thanks, Spot.

:-6
koan

Post by koan »

spot;639153 wrote: No, you trivial creature of darkness, there will not be music.

That's the nicest thing you've ever called me :-6
Elly-May

Post by Elly-May »

Looking forward to browsing this site. I've been listening to a lot of 80's stuff on Youtube recently!:-6

Return to “Our Current Decade”