Fight Against Mental Health Unit

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

if ever there was a NIMBY this is one ,you know its needed but you dont want it near you ,not in my back yard ,i live not too far away from broadmore and knowing we are minutes away from all those sicko's is not a great thought ,not to mention that bloody siren going off every monday morning ten o'clock driving me mad :-5
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

When people have escaped from Broadmoor, everywhere goes on lock down, literally, the schools are locked and kids kept in, no-one leaves the offices. But to be fair I've only known this happen four times in 30 odd years. No it's not nice but these places are needed, otherwise they are left in the community, often not monitored as they should be, with disastrous results.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

almostfamous;627132 wrote: Wish I could say the same for around here. We usually here about it after the fact, when they're back under lock and key.

With Broadmoor, they are deemed the most ****ed up dangerous nut nuts, some of our most mental people are housed there, so a siren goes off as soon as one has escaped, but the security there is really good. As Jim said 10o'clock every Monday morning that blimmin siren goes off, a high pitched screech for 10 minutes :-5

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

almostfamous;627140 wrote: Every morning? Like a test, or they actually escape that often?

woogity. either way, everytime I heard that siren I'd prolly pee myself.

I used to work in the ER and "21" was where we put the nut cases that were brought in for treatment. One night a guy was brought in for a stomach bug I think .. anyway, they had him strapped and cuffed to the bed. When I came in he started barkin' and growling at me. I fell out laughin' and said, "is that all you got?" ..he stopped foaming at the mouth temporarily.

Later, via camera footage, we got to see him pee all over everything in the room. Of course, some numbskull had taken him out of his restraints. I never knew why there was a drain in the floor of that room til that night

:wah: Ewwww, you was walking on peewee :(

No sorry didn't explain properly, it's a test every Monday morning :D

I have a couple of friends that work there, but I could never work around them, I'd be changing my underwear every 5 mins :rolleyes:

Peg

Post by Peg »

if ever there was a NIMBY this is one ,you know its needed but you dont want it near you ,not in my back yard
Jimbo hit the nail on the head here. I'd rather see them locked up instead of roaming free, but no where near my family. I cannot see how a place that houses child molesters and murderers could not be a maximum security facility.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I find it upsetting that they're talking about mental health and f*cckups like child molesters and murderers in the same article. This racks up more points for the stigma of mental health and I don't like it.

Nobody ever wants this kind of stuff in their community. But they have to go somewhere. Why can't they revamp Alcatraz and stick them there?
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

RedGlitter;627299 wrote: I find it upsetting that they're talking about mental health and f*cckups like child molesters and murderers in the same article. This racks up more points for the stigma of mental health and I don't like it.

Nobody ever wants this kind of stuff in their community. But they have to go somewhere. Why can't they revamp Alcatraz and stick them there?

sorry red i have two people in my family that have been or are in a facility , i would never slur any one by saying that any one with a mental health issue is in fact a child molester ,murderer or indeed a sicko

not forgetting my own mental health is er err well the jury is still out on that one :D :D

Return to “England”