Vacuum problems

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

Help! My vacuum is smoking? Any idea why this could be? I checked my filters, they are fine. There is still suction in the hose so air is getting through.. I'm not really sure how to get to the belt though.

My floor needs to be cleaned, any advice? :(

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
Sweet Tooth

Vacuum problems

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Ok, #1- you need a new vacuum haha:wah: be careful!

#2 Try sweeping your carpet- sometimes it works
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

Sweet Tooth;624638 wrote: Ok, #1- you need a new vacuum haha:wah: be careful!

lol, the vacuum is only a year old and it was expensive :(

And sweeping doesn't leave those clean looking marks (I am so ANAL about my house, you have no idea:wah: )

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
RedGlitter

Vacuum problems

Post by RedGlitter »

are the belts in good shape?
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

magenta flame;624644 wrote: You should never have allowed it to take up the filthy habit in the first place. shame on you there will be tar in it's filters and loss of suction etc. get it to a hospital it's having a heart attack

lol, silly lady ;)

NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

RedGlitter;624645 wrote: are the belts in good shape?

I can't find them :(

chonsigirl

Vacuum problems

Post by chonsigirl »

I am thinking like Red, it sounds like your belt.
Carl44

Vacuum problems

Post by Carl44 »

Sweet Tooth;624638 wrote: Ok, #1- you need a new vacuum haha:wah: be careful!

that post sucked:wah:

actually for you sweet tooth that was really funny :wah:
Peg

Vacuum problems

Post by Peg »

Lay your vacuum down. On the bottom you should see a plate. Remove the screws and plate and you should see the belt. A burning belt stinks big time.
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

@$#%@$#%^%$& @#%^@#$%$#%$#% I can't find the @$%@$#%@$#%$#% belt I want to clean so bad I am going to screeeeeaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :-5

CrazyCruizChick

Vacuum problems

Post by CrazyCruizChick »

I have manage to kill all my Vacuums because they end up winding me up instead of sucking up.

And that is very true beware too any vacuums that come into my house hold.
Peg

Vacuum problems

Post by Peg »

Peg;624765 wrote: Lay your vacuum down. On the bottom you should see a plate. Remove the screws and plate and you should see the belt. A burning belt stinks big time.

Did you do this NT? Did you look online for your vacuum to see if that helps?
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

Peg;626053 wrote: Did you do this NT? Did you look online for your vacuum to see if that helps?

I did, and I finally found it! The belt looks fine, I changed the setting from low carpet to high and it starting spinning again. For some reason the brush wasn't spinning anymore. Does that mean it was the belt? The good news is I got to vacuum my floor and that makes me happy lol.

RedGlitter

Vacuum problems

Post by RedGlitter »

No I don't think the belt had anything to do with that...it sounds like you just needed to adjust your setting. I just thought about the belt because mine is always falling off. :)
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

RedGlitter;626062 wrote: No I don't think the belt had anything to do with that...it sounds like you just needed to adjust your setting. I just thought about the belt because mine is always falling off. :)

lol thanks for all of your help guys!!!

NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

who needs a husband when I have FG!

WonderWendy3

Vacuum problems

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I never opened up this thread, because I have a thing about Vacuuming(like to do it in my b-day suit).....but I wish I would've now, so I could've tried to help...I am the Vacuum Queen!! I've changed more belts to last a life time.
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

so can a belt look OK and not really be OK?

WonderWendy3

Vacuum problems

Post by WonderWendy3 »

NotToday;626139 wrote: so can a belt look OK and not really be OK?

Yeah, see if it's worn, looking like its getting eaten...eventually will snap in two...but if it's making a nasty smell and you said it was smoking, that is usually the belt...Is it under warranty?? I always have things run out of warranty and break down the next month:-5
emzee

Vacuum problems

Post by emzee »

sometimes when something gets stuck in there it can stop the brush and you get that burning smell then it gets loose and starts up again. if it's new it shouldn't have a belt problem. i would keep an eye (or nose) on it though.

the next thing you need to do it get help for that cleaning passion you have. lol!
Nomad

Vacuum problems

Post by Nomad »

If your vacuum is smoking theres a good chance someone is having sex with it.

Attached files
I AM AWESOME MAN
CrazyCruizChick

Vacuum problems

Post by CrazyCruizChick »

Nomad;626846 wrote: If your vacuum is smoking theres a good chance someone is having sex with it.

:wah:
NotToday

Vacuum problems

Post by NotToday »

Nomad;626846 wrote: If your vacuum is smoking theres a good chance someone is having sex with it.

my vacuum is not allowed to get more action than me. :thinking:

Nomad

Vacuum problems

Post by Nomad »

NotToday;626929 wrote: my vacuum is not allowed to get more action than me. :thinking:

Never "Hoovered" ? :sneaky:
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Vacuum problems

Post by CARLA »

:wah: Hey Nomie I knew you would be in the Vacuum discussion. I got my my new vacuum you recommended it is awesome. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”