dont want to sleep

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
el guapo

dont want to sleep

Post by el guapo »

cant face another nightmare have not slept 4 24 hrs

just cant face it
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
chonsigirl

dont want to sleep

Post by chonsigirl »

If you are really tired, you probably will not dream much.

*hugs*
el guapo

dont want to sleep

Post by el guapo »

chonsigirl;623269 wrote: If you are really tired, you probably will not dream much.

*hugs*

just cant face it any more
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
JacksDad

dont want to sleep

Post by JacksDad »

It's not the dreams that are troubling you but the underlying cause of these nightmares.

Deal with that!.

Then you'll find peace.

:-6
el guapo

dont want to sleep

Post by el guapo »

JacksDad;623273 wrote: It's not the dreams that are troubling you but the underlying cause of these nightmares.

Deal with that!.

Then you'll find peace.

:-6

trying
laneybug

dont want to sleep

Post by laneybug »

I deal constantly with nightmares because of my PTSD. Post-traumatic stress disorder. At times I rely on over the counter sleep aids so I can get a nice deep sleep, and when I use it I don't usually remember any dreams I've had.

I agree with Jacksdad. As I do in counseling, you must deal with what is causing the nightmares in order for them to go away.

I'll be up for a while if you want to talk. Good luck.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
emzee

dont want to sleep

Post by emzee »

why can't you sleep? what kinds of nighmares are you having?
RedGlitter

dont want to sleep

Post by RedGlitter »

Jesse, maybe it's time for you to deal head-on with the cause of yoir dreams.

As humans, we're real good at shoving stuff back into our hidden psyche but it's only a matter of time until we have to face it eye to eye. We can't fool ourselves.
JacksDad

dont want to sleep

Post by JacksDad »

Red has made an excellent point, Jesse.

It's time for you to shiiit or get off the pot.

Are you for real or just looking for attention?

If it's attention you're looking for, you've found it. More than once.

If it's recognition you want, then make valid posts. Or at least stupid ones like a cat caption picture thread.

If you have a problem with that I belieive our beautiul and omniprecent Koan has created a bitch thread.
KB.

dont want to sleep

Post by KB. »

I had the same dream, and it was not pleasant; for six years. 1994-2000. it sucked, I once stayed up for 52 hours to avoid it; soon as I went to sleep it was right there. I survived and so can you. I had a dream last night that someone I had lost came back to me, but when I woke up it wasn't the case. I still managed to make it through the day, and I'll sleep again tonite. The post above mine is good advice.
Life ain't linear.
gmc

dont want to sleep

Post by gmc »

bornbad;623268 wrote: cant face another nightmare have not slept 4 24 hrs

just cant face it

Try getting yourself physically tired-do something that needs concentration like cycling. Running is no good cos you are mentally still free to keep mulling things over.

Apart from that I wouldn't try and advise you, you have to find a way yourself. It may be that facing up to things is what you have to do but you need to learn how to deal with things for yourself. Someone elses coping mechanism is still someone elses coping mechanism, find your own.

I don't remember my dreams. I do dream but as a kid I trained myself not to remember them because I was always having nightmares to the extent I would try and stay awake just as you are doing. That was my way of coping and it worked for me, but that was back in the days when such things were not talked about and no one was interested in my problems anyway.

As an adult I can't for the life of me change the situation and remember. Sleep is something I do till the next day when I'm awake.

Dreams are also a way of working through problems. My wife has a brilliant control mechanism-as a child having nightmares her parents asked whose dream is it? Since it was hers she could decide the outcome. End of nightmares. Tell the ghost to go away, you created it anyway.
Carl44

dont want to sleep

Post by Carl44 »

i have had major nightmares about my life but the thing is you can control your dreams they are yours and you can say this is a dream i can and will take control ,i do it all the time ,every one has nightmares to live through ,you have to get ,dust yourself off and grit your teeth ,this is life its the only one we ,its not a rehearsal ,dont waste your life mopping about and feeling sorry for yourself ,get up get on with it ,seize the day go walking ,go driving ,go do something that makes you feel better ,when i saw you the other day Jess i thought you had turned the corner ,i thought about time lets get on with things ,two days after Casey died in that house fire you said life goes on ,pull yourself together get on with it ,now Jess i love you its been years now take your own advice :-4 :-4
SuzyB

dont want to sleep

Post by SuzyB »

laneybug;623277 wrote: I deal constantly with nightmares because of my PTSD. Post-traumatic stress disorder. At times I rely on over the counter sleep aids so I can get a nice deep sleep, and when I use it I don't usually remember any dreams I've had.

I agree with Jacksdad. As I do in counseling, you must deal with what is causing the nightmares in order for them to go away.

I'll be up for a while if you want to talk. Good luck.

I have PTSD too, but am finding an improvement since starting my sessions with a physiologist, things are still far from normal but it's little steps going forward rather than backwards. The nightmares are still pretty bad but I'm hoping that will change.

jimbo;623347 wrote: i have had major nightmares about my life but the thing is you can control your dreams they are yours and you can say this is a dream i can and will take control ,i do it all the time ,every one has nightmares to live through ,you have to get ,dust yourself off and grit your teeth ,this is life its the only one we ,its not a rehearsal ,dont waste your life mopping about and feeling sorry for yourself ,get up get on with it ,seize the day go walking ,go driving ,go do something that makes you feel better ,when i saw you the other day Jess i thought you had turned the corner ,i thought about time lets get on with things ,two days after Casey died in that house fire you said life goes on ,pull yourself together get on with it ,now Jess i love you its been years now take your own advice :-4 :-4

You know better than anyone what it's like to have truly bad things happen, and unfortuantely more than once. I really do admire the way that you have struggled on and still keep going whatever life throws in your direction.

Jess, I know what happened was really bad, horrific, but you really do need to start helping yourself and trying to look forward and be positive. I thought by now you would of started your programme with the Dr's and would have seen some improvement with the nightmares. I know things are hard for you, but you should be trying to look forward, you and Joyce freshly married, making plans for your future, it must be quite hard for her too, I have always felt really useless when Jim is having a hard time, this is how she must be feeling most of the time too.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

laneybug

dont want to sleep

Post by laneybug »

SuzyB;623431 wrote: I have PTSD too, but am finding an improvement since starting my sessions with a physiologist, things are still far from normal but it's little steps going forward rather than backwards. The nightmares are still pretty bad but I'm hoping that will change.

:yh_hugs Hugs Suzy. I know just how hard PTSD can be. I've been recently diagnosed by my counselor within the past few months, but I've lived with the symptoms for a good part of my life. The nightmares can be the worst part, along with the constant anxiety.

Hugs to anyone who has to deal with this terrible condition.

than closed by belief.
Carl44

dont want to sleep

Post by Carl44 »

laneybug;623604 wrote: :yh_hugs Hugs Suzy. I know just how hard PTSD can be. I've been recently diagnosed by my counselor within the past few months, but I've lived with the symptoms for a good part of my life. The nightmares can be the worst part, along with the constant anxiety.

Hugs to anyone who has to deal with this terrible condition.

doctors say i have it ,i dont agree and refuse the meds they try to get me too take ..... does it show :-3 :-3 :D
SuzyB

dont want to sleep

Post by SuzyB »

I have always been slightly highly strung and an anxious type of person, but the onset of my PTSD was when i nearly died twice at the hands of an incompetent surgeon. I am starting CBT very soon, every time we are about to start my anxiety makes it impossible to carry on :-5 :-5

laneybug

dont want to sleep

Post by laneybug »

jimbo;623610 wrote: doctors say i have it ,i dont agree and refuse the meds they try to get me too take ..... does it show :-3 :-3 :D

You know yourself better than anyone.... I hope. :-3 So why don't you agree?

than closed by belief.
laneybug

dont want to sleep

Post by laneybug »

SuzyB;623612 wrote: I have always been slightly highly strung and an anxious type of person, but the onset of my PTSD was when i nearly died twice at the hands of an incompetent surgeon. I am starting CBT very soon, every time we are about to start my anxiety makes it impossible to carry on :-5 :-5

It definitely takes patience and perseverance. Keep trying and eventually you'll make it. Is there anything you can do, breathing techniques and the like that might help?

than closed by belief.
SuzyB

dont want to sleep

Post by SuzyB »

laneybug;623669 wrote: It definitely takes patience and perseverance. Keep trying and eventually you'll make it. Is there anything you can do, breathing techniques and the like that might help?

Am trying, but can't seem to get the relaxing part, apparently I am breathing up in the throat area, need to breathe into the pit of my stomach like babies do. Still, i'll get there one day :-6

along-for-the-ride

dont want to sleep

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I've heard from folks who used the Nicotime Patch that they had terribly vivid nightmares while wearing the patch during sleep. Any one else have the same experience?

Does anyone else dream in color?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
kazalala

dont want to sleep

Post by kazalala »

along-for-the-ride;623837 wrote: I've heard from folks who used the Nicotime Patch that they had terribly vivid nightmares while wearing the patch during sleep. Any one else have the same experience?

Does anyone else dream in color?

I dream in colour.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Bereaved People”