Rent Help Needed

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

cars wrote:

SO WHAT'S WRONG WITH "WALMART" UNDERWEAR??!!! :)

Cars :driving: probably nothing, but it's walmart GIRL'S underwear. the ones with the days of the week...:yh_sick and his has said "THURSDAY" for 9 days now.
BTS

Rent Help Needed

Post by BTS »

lady cop wrote: which requires a nice condo. (caveat, i do not know that this is the same person. in fact our poster may well be a 47 year old guy with a hairy back sitting around his flat in his walmart underwear, with beer cans all over the floor. and prison tats all over his sweaty unbathed body, and those nasty uncut toenails too. ) LC...............

You been spying on me again?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

i am bumping this thread because it's so darn funny and we can use a laugh! :wah:
babygirl

Rent Help Needed

Post by babygirl »

OMG guys i just been reading this thread and nearly pee'd myself laughing you are so funny my body hurts. You are right though how can you come onto a forum and ask for cash thats just f***ed up!!!!!!!! :yh_rotfl
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

bumpity bumpity bumpus bumpy bump. :D come back puddy, we have wads of $$$$$$$$ for you!!!
Bothwell

Rent Help Needed

Post by Bothwell »

in fact our poster may well be a 47 year old guy with a hairy back sitting around his flat in his walmart underwear, with beer cans all over the floor. and prison tats all over his sweaty unbathed body, and those nasty uncut toenails too. )

If you ever post this picture of me on the Board I will sue. BTW they are army tats well except the capital G on my left buttock :D
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Peg

Rent Help Needed

Post by Peg »

Bothwell wrote: If you ever post this picture of me on the Board I will sue. BTW they are army tats well except the capital G on my left buttock :D

I was thinking with the attractive mental image, you could be Mr. June in our Forum Garden calendar of the 12 sexiest garden men.
Agnes

Rent Help Needed

Post by Agnes »

puddincat, hasn't answered, who then are you talking to? she has only posted one time, do you all think she is reading this?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

This is all perversely hard-hearted. Do none of you realize that personal giving, directly to someone who claims they need a handout, is good for the giver even if the claimant is a fraud? It makes a statement about the respective value of money and empathy. Besides, I've seen lots of online scams and this doesn't trip any of my warning wires. None of the text catches previous versions on googling, and none of your googling has hit the same person.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

Rent Help Needed

Post by Peg »

So you are sending her how much?
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: This is all perversely hard-hearted. Do none of you realize that personal giving, directly to someone who claims they need a handout, is good for the giver even if the claimant is a fraud? It makes a statement about the respective value of money and empathy. Besides, I've seen lots of online scams and this doesn't trip any of my warning wires. None of the text catches previous versions on googling, and none of your googling has hit the same person. sorry to give offense Spot, but this is the funniest thread that we ever had! and it IS a scam. i've seen the exact same post many times and nothing changes but the date and name of the poster. of course being able to give is a blessing, however i am sure everyone here who had a giggle personally knows worthy recipients for their largesse. ~~~by the way Peg, how's your butt? i notice you're still alive! :D
abbey

Rent Help Needed

Post by abbey »

spot wrote: This is all perversely hard-hearted. Do none of you realize that personal giving, directly to someone who claims they need a handout, is good for the giver even if the claimant is a fraud? It makes a statement about the respective value of money and empathy. Besides, I've seen lots of online scams and this doesn't trip any of my warning wires. None of the text catches previous versions on googling, and none of your googling has hit the same person.Puddincat came on the forum & in her one & only post she gave a hard luck story & begged for money. :sneaky:

It certainly set warning bells ringing for me.
Peg

Rent Help Needed

Post by Peg »

lady cop wrote: sorry to give offense Spot, but this is the funniest thread that we ever had! and it IS a scam. i've seen the exact same post many times and nothing changes but the date and name of the poster. of course being able to give is a blessing, however i am sure everyone here who had a giggle personally knows worthy recipients for their largesse. ~~~by the way Peg, how's your butt? i notice you're still alive! :D

The surgery became unneccessary as I laughed my butt off through this whole thread. :D
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

lady cop wrote: i've seen the exact same post many times and nothing changes but the date and name of the poster.In that case it would obviously be a scam, I agree. But I have looked, and I can google no posting containing any of the text - perhaps you could highlight one for me?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: In that case it would obviously be a scam, I agree. But I have looked, and I can google no posting containing any of the text - perhaps you could highlight one for me? it's been on other boards in other forms , i'm not going searching. here's my badge, trust me. :yh_star :)
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

lady cop wrote: it's been on other boards in other forms , i'm not going searching. here's my badge, trust me. :yh_star :)But every spam I've ever received, bar none, I've been able to find copies of with Google. That's why I asked if you could see examples of this one, because I have tried several times and I simply can't.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

here's an idea...just go ahead and email puddincat. :)
greydeadhead

Rent Help Needed

Post by greydeadhead »

Oh Spot.. you trusting soul. Believe me when I say this is one of the oldest spam scams in the cyberworld.. rating right up there with the Nigerian Nightmare... only the name had been changed to protect the spammer scammer..

but.. ifyou feel that it is the real thing.. go ahead and send them money.. while you are at it and feeling generous, I will take a couple of bucks too......
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

I hear hurricanes ablowing.

I know the end is coming soon.

I fear rivers over flowing.

I hear the voice of rage and ruin. -- CCR ~~~~~ uh Grey~~~ we do NOT say "hurricanes" around here! :eek: :eek: :eek:
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

lady cop wrote: here's an idea...just go ahead and email puddincat. :) I don't think you're taking me seriously. She's not likely to be back if it was a scam, and if it wasn't then she's not likely to be back after the response she got. Being shown that it was a scam after all would be educational. I don't see why, if it can't be demonstrated, she shouldn't have been given the benefit of the doubt.
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

greydeadhead wrote: Oh Spot.. you trusting soul. Believe me when I say this is one of the oldest spam scams in the cyberworld.But scams are testable! All scams have precedent text, the chance of seeing a wording that has no precedent is vanishingly small. That's why I'd like to see a precedent text with google, and since I can't, I'm asking. I have no other way of distinguishing a true from a false plea for help. If you say that everyone seeking help is a scammer then you step outside of my use of English, which is somewhat more discriminatory.
greydeadhead

Rent Help Needed

Post by greydeadhead »

All scams are not testable.. anyone versed in computer security will tell you that. Google is not the end all search engine on the web.. try entering "spam scams" and see how many hits you get.. or even better type in puddincat and see what results you get.

But of course, someone that is as discriminatory in their use of the English languague as you are would have already known that..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

greydeadhead wrote: All scams are not testable.. anyone versed in computer security will tell you that. Google is not the end all search engine on the web.I have a subfolder to my Inbox that currently holds 225 individual scam letters that I've received since I last cleared them down. Every one of them has precedent text that matches similar scams with a Google search - I know that because I've indexed them using Google.

Unlike all of the scams I have received, I can find no match for testable fragments of the text at the head of this thread. I have quite reasonably asked whether anyone can show me evidence that it is a scam mail, instead of a legitimate plea for help.

Of course scams aren't absolutely testable, they can be hand-crafted individually and only ever used once, but the whole scaling requirement in scamming means that can only be done profitably with a targetted spam - one where the scammer knows his victim in detail. That's not what we have here, but what we have here is, in my opinion, unique text.

I'll ask again, how can a legitimate claim for assistance be distinguished from a scam?
jahamaa

Rent Help Needed

Post by jahamaa »

Peg wrote: Will I still get the money for my butt surgery? I only have a week to live without it!

Be glad to help. Please send pictures of proposed site of new construction for permit purposes only of course.
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

hey spot-----pffffftttt---this is still the funniest thread here despite your trollness. carry on guys~~~~~~~~~~~~~:D anyone who has not read this thread, put on your depends and enjoy a good laugh. :wah:
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

There was a time, lady, when "Buddy, can you spare a dime" moved the hearer to tears, and got the speaker the price of a bowl of soup. The richer society gets, the more deaf they become to people who can't keep up.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: There was a time, lady, when "Buddy, can you spare a dime" moved the hearer to tears, and got the speaker the price of a bowl of soup. The richer society gets, the more deaf they become to people who can't keep up.so start a thread about charity, i've done plenty of it.
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

lady cop wrote: so start a thread about charity, i've done plenty of it. I don't doubt it. You've also laughed in public at a stranger who was foolish enough to ask for help on a bulletin board.
CARLA

Rent Help Needed

Post by CARLA »

LADYCOP,

I agree... charity starts at home. Get out and volunteer your time to the needy, get involved, and help those in need. I will help anyone if they are willing to help themselve in some fashion. I'm work hard every day.. If you want to work and make a living the good ol USA is the place to be.. ;)

so start a thread about charity, i've done plenty.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: I don't doubt it. You've also laughed in public at a stranger who was foolish enough to ask for help on a bulletin board.let's get this straight~~i not only laughed in public at a stone thief scammer, i made fun of her mercilessly!
anastrophe

Rent Help Needed

Post by anastrophe »

spot wrote: There was a time, lady, when "Buddy, can you spare a dime" moved the hearer to tears, and got the speaker the price of a bowl of soup. The richer society gets, the more deaf they become to people who can't keep up.
sadly, this thread has nothing to do with those who are in need, so your bit of moralizing is completely misplaced.

have you sent her money? if not, why not? you are telling us that we're cold hearted to those in need. so put your money where your mouth is. send her money. wire her a few pounds and photocopy the receipt, post it here, and shame us all to death.

me, i'll give my money and time to those *who truly are in need* not hucksters hoping to swindle people out of their money with scams like this.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

lady cop wrote: let's get this straight~~i not only laughed in public at a stone thief scammer, i made fun of her mercilessly! So you do know how to distinguish a legitimate claim for assistance from a scam? I wish you'd tell us how.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: So you do know how to distinguish a legitimate claim for assistance from a scam? I wish you'd tell us how.you'd need to do my job for about 15 years. not taught in books, but by experience and savvy. and grilling about 15,000 people. :sneaky:
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

anastrophe wrote: have you sent her money? if not, why not?One of the few things that persuaded me she might not be an experienced scammer is that she left no delivery mechanism for donations. Does that sound like someone who's asked many times in the past? I thought not.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: One of the few things that persuaded me she might not be an experienced scammer is that she left no delivery mechanism for donations. Does that sound like someone who's asked many times in the past? I thought not.bollocks~~if you look at her profile she /he/it left an email address you could write to.
anastrophe

Rent Help Needed

Post by anastrophe »

spot wrote: One of the few things that persuaded me she might not be an experienced scammer is that she left no delivery mechanism for donations. Does that sound like someone who's asked many times in the past? I thought not.she did leave a mechanism. can't fault you for unfamiliarity with the forum software, there are a hundred different options, tricks, and tips to using it.

view her initial post, here:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... ostcount=1

click on her username. that will take you to her profile. from there you can send her email.
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

anastrophe wrote: click on her username. that will take you to her profile. from there you can send her email.Good Lord, so it did. I'll come back and report if she replies. Thank you, anastrophe. I'm eager to get to the bottom of this.
webmaster

Rent Help Needed

Post by webmaster »

anastrophe wrote: she did leave a mechanism. can't fault you for unfamiliarity with the forum software, there are a hundred different options, tricks, and tips to using it.

view her initial post, here:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... ostcount=1

click on her username. that will take you to her profile. from there you can send her email.

oh my. well, this is amusing. since i had seen the post to be a scam immediately, i didn't want any poor gullible soul to actually contact this predator, so i used my administrator privileges to change her email address.....to my own! so unfortunately, you won't get anywhere mailing her. and i had thought i'd made a note of her address, but can't find it, so can't restore it.

as the youngsters are so fond of saying, my bad!
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: Good Lord, so it did. I'll come back and report if she replies. Thank you, anastrophe. I'm eager to get to the bottom of this.there's one born every minute~~PT Barnum. :yh_rotfl
anastrophe

Rent Help Needed

Post by anastrophe »

webmaster wrote: oh my. well, this is amusing. since i had seen the post to be a scam immediately, i didn't want any poor gullible soul to actually contact this predator, so i used my administrator privileges to change her email address.....to my own! so unfortunately, you won't get anywhere mailing her. and i had thought i'd made a note of her address, but can't find it, so can't restore it.

to further confuse matters, i posted the above. i forgot to log out of webmaster after checking her profile. sigh.
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

webmaster wrote: as the youngsters are so fond of saying, my bad!It will become a part of my streetwise vocabulary from this very moment.

I just sent you my email address? I gave Jives my phone number earlier, too. I'm getting very sociable.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: It will become a part of my streetwise vocabulary from this very moment.

I just sent you my email address? I have Jives my phone number earlier, too. I'm getting very sociable. good. wanna call me too? :)
spot

Rent Help Needed

Post by spot »

lady cop wrote: good. wanna call me too? :) I'll tell you what, lady, when you get to Gloucestershire, we'll all have a couple of pints of warm Smiles Bitter in the Griffin Arms and celebrate your arrival. I'll look forward to it.
lady cop

Rent Help Needed

Post by lady cop »

spot wrote: I'll tell you what, lady, when you get to Gloucestershire, we'll all have a couple of pints of warm Smiles Bitter in the Griffin Arms and celebrate your arrival. I'll look forward to it.me too...make mine a cold guinness. by the way, why don't you visit bothwell's pub thread and chill a bit? :)

Attached files
CARLA

Rent Help Needed

Post by CARLA »

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster

oh my. well, this is amusing. since i had seen the post to be a scam immediately, i didn't want any poor gullible soul to actually contact this predator, so i used my administrator privileges to change her email address.....to my own! so unfortunately, you won't get anywhere mailing her. and i had thought i'd made a note of her address, but can't find it, so can't restore it.

to further confuse matters, i posted the above. i forgot to log out of webmaster after checking her profile. sigh.

YOU BAD, IN A GOOD WAY..!! GOTCHA SPOT.. DAMN I NEED A BEER AFTER THIS.. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

koan

Rent Help Needed

Post by koan »

damn. i always thought webmaster was a chick.

am i ever a sucker...and i didn't even send any money. what does that make you, spot?

how many people do you personally know who have trouble meeting their bills every month? do they go on the internet and ask complete strangers to save their condo? i think not.
Agnes

Rent Help Needed

Post by Agnes »

i think she sold her computer, she never returned. ya, she is not coming back.
Peg

Rent Help Needed

Post by Peg »

I knew a lady once that had at least 5 kids, none of them to the same father. She would e mail everyone she knew asking for money. I suggested, of all things, getting a job. She didn't want to work because she "didn't want her kids running the streets". Okay, fine. I told her if she was that desperate, sell her computer and she would save money not paying for internet. :-5 Needless to say, not the answers she wanted to hear.
Agnes

Rent Help Needed

Post by Agnes »

i wouldn't call that a lady, who had (5) kids with various donors. as far as e-mailing it really gets the message across. have you privately e-mailed this woman to help her, or are you using her story for credit? i thought so. :confused:
Peg

Rent Help Needed

Post by Peg »

Agnes wrote: i wouldn't call that a lady, who had (5) kids with various donors. as far as e-mailing it really gets the message across. have you privately e-mailed this woman to help her, or are you using her story for credit? i thought so. :confused:

WTF? Had you read the post, you would see I suggested she get a job. Why would I give her financial help? It took 5 kids to 5 donors before she figured out there is birth control? My point was, people will use the internet for an easy way out of actually having to work and EARN the money and there are people out there that think they are helping them by donating. They are not helping, they are enabling.

Return to “Mental Health”