The Dating Game - koan

A Moderated Forum
spot

The Dating Game - koan

Post by spot »

Here we go, folks. koan takes on the combined might of ForumGarden's finest.

The contestants have been recruited, the game begins with koan's first question.

This thread is for the player and contestants only.

To make a comment click here.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

*rubs hands together gleefully

I'm not one to just plow into this type of thing, (yeah, right) so I thought I'd start out with testing your sensitivity... emphasis on the senses. :sneaky:

1. It is fairly well known on FG that I don't "do" hugs. How would you help me to get over this?
contestant2

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant2 »

We'd start slowly, we just the occasional touch, say an 'accidental' brushing of fingers or a light touch on the arm. You would gradually start to trust me and know that I would never do anything to make you feel uncomfortable.

Then one day you would be so relaxed in my company that you would reach out and touch me and I would slowly and gently pull you into a hug, then you would be glad that you were with me.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

how very sensitive of you, contestant2

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with feeling uncomfortable... for a good cause :D
contestant1

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant1 »

As a Gentleman I would not dream of making unwanted contact. Touchy touchy is not acceptable in polite society.

I would concentrate on making you comfortable in my company and rely on my suave charm and humour to relax you and make you want to be with me emotionally and physically.

You would know when you wanted to be hugged and I, of course, would be sensitive enough to oblige.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

I think that touchy touchy comment should be made a law, contestant1

IMO, if you're gonna touch, do it right :sneaky:
contestant3

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant3 »

1. It is fairly well known on FG that I don't "do" hugs. How would you help me to get over this?

I'm a very passionate person, I love long slow hugs, and slight whispers under breath. I'd make sure we had met first, properly introduced and all that. But once I knew we were compatable I'd start by making you confortable with my touch. Like hand holding, and on occasion I'd touch high on your arm and every so gently slide my hand into yours. When I felt you respond favorable I'd move into phase two... holding you close from behind and pulling you gently into me, if you rested back into me I'd give you soft warm kisses on your neck and shoulders.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

hmmmmm...

you actually make hugging sound good. :-6
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Nice answers from everyone.

I've been thinking over the questions I could ask and decided that, as I like people who know what they want, it would be interesting to ask not about what you can do for me but what I could do for you.

2. What could I do to you that would make your knees weak, give you pleasant shivers and be assured that you would call me within the next 12 hours after we parted?
contestant2

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant2 »

I'm not a jump into bed on a first date person, I like to build things up slowly and enticingly so what you could do for me would be to start the sexual tension building.

A look or a glance that tells me you are attracted to me, a smile in the right place, laughing at my jokes even if they aren't that funny, a touch at just the right time are all things that would make me want to see you again soon.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Probably wise, contestant2.

A bed usually isn't the best place for sex anyway.
contestant1

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant1 »

Be yourself.

The way your wit and humour shine through in the Garden, being with you in real life would make the short hairs stand upright and have me slavering for more.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

I bet I could make a few things stand upright then. ;)
contestant3

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant3 »

2. What could I do to you that would make your knees weak, give you pleasant shivers and be assured that you would call me within the next 12 hours after we parted?

I am a very inquisitive person and love the subtle mysteries of a woman. Leave me wondering about that one part of you that you hold back until the right moment. Wear a perfume with a subtle fragrance that teases my senses, invites me in and holds the promise of things to come. Don't tell me what it is as the scent is as mysterious as the woman before me. Move about sensuously with your body draped in a loose, flowing gown that hints of the magical form enveloped in its folds. Engage me with your mind as your words draw me in to explore the secrets that lie within.

:-4
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

You have a way with words, contestant3.

Very difficult to choose so far though.

It is easy to imagine romance and sensuality but I tend to push limits.

3. I am a rather bold person, do you think you can handle that? If yes, explain why and how.
contestant1

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant1 »

I'm up for whatever pace you want to set - bold as you like is fine by me.

Soft and sensual, cool and cerebral or fast and furious, you'd excel at them all so I'd be in heaven any ways up.

So whatever the pace, I'll take the ball and run with it to lead you a merry dance.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Dancing is a nice way to describe a relationship. :-6
contestant2

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant2 »

Bold is good, I love to be with someone who can give me a run for my money, at times I can be outspoken, challenging, even dynamic so I suppose the question is can you keep up with me?:sneaky:
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Yes, but can you hammer a nine inch nail into a board with your... nevermind
contestant3

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant3 »

3. I am a rather bold person, do you think you can handle that? If yes, explain why and how.

Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn...

You be bold, I'll watch you all turned on and waiting for you! :-4
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

ok... moving on.

4. Tell me a story that you think I'd find interesting. It can be something that happened to you, something you saw or something you dream of. Capture my imagination.
contestant1

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant1 »

Telling stories is a pleaseure for the long evenings of the autumn of our lives. Here in the spring of our youth we should be living life, not talking about it.

Come away with me, my love and I'll make our lives such a time of romance and adventure that the tale of it will be told, in tones of awe, for a thousand years.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

That reminded me of Goldmund from Hermann Hesse, for some reason.

(That's a good thing)
contestant2

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant2 »

I dream of spending the winter in a log cabin on the edge of a mountain somewhere.

I would love to be cut off from the rest of the world, the cabin would have an open fire, plenty of food in the larder and wine in the cellar (!). Lots of books to read and good music to listen to. The mountains would be wonderful to walk in, the weather wouldn't be too harsh and the wildlife wouldn't be dangerous.

All that is missing is a special person to keep me company - fancy it?
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

sounds delightful.

I've often thought that I would be a hermit if given the opportunity but, as you say, a hermit doesn't have to be alone.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Looks like contestant3 got lost in his story. :-3

he'll have to catch up.

Final question:

5. Pick the top three qualities you look for in a partner and explain why you chose those qualities.
contestant2

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant2 »

1 - honesty at all times even if it's painful to be so

2 - compassion

3 - the ability to not take themselves too seriously

(4- a nice sexy bum!!!)
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Nicely worded list. Good choices. :)

I almost asked for four qualities so the last one isn't completely cheating. :D
contestant1

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant1 »

1) Empathy - to know how other feel is to be able to understand them

2) Adaptability - life changes and a rigid approach to life will make you small in the end

3) Humour - the ability to see the funny side helps to lubricate your path through life
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

Adaptability is a clever choice. Very true. :)
contestant3

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant3 »

4. Tell me a story that you think I'd find interesting. It can be something that happened to you, something you saw or something you dream of. Capture my imagination.

I apologize for my delayed response but work has kept me from many things as of late.

A story you say? A dream maybe?

I am a worker, I enjoy keeping busy and working with my hands, when I do manage a vacation I like to go all out. I have this dream vacation I'd like to someday take.

Picture this with me if you will...

A bamboo bungalo at the edge of an exotic whitesand beach, the evening is marked by a cool westerly breeze and the sound of the palms moving gently against the back drop of exotic animal lullubys... the moon is quarter and a glimmer of moonlight shines off the water in a swath of shimmering blue-green colors leading right to our bungalo, we lazily lay in bed under the netting with it opened toward the sea as the waves curl out on the reef and crash in small swells, we watch the moonlight on the short swells in the mild climate heat as we talk quietly of our hopes and aspirations that fill our most intimate thoughts.
contestant3

The Dating Game - koan

Post by contestant3 »

5. Pick the top three qualities you look for in a partner and explain why you chose those qualities.

1. Their Outlook: One must be a dreamer, Life is to short to continuously be living in the here and now and life is to unpredictible to plan everything, but a dreamer takes her imigination to the future.

2. Their Disposition: One must be Determined, one cannot give up in life no matter the opposition.

3. Their Action: They must be moved by compassion, compassion holds all of humanity together, it nurtures, it cares, it asks much of the giver, yet understands the need to care for ones own needs.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

The first question:

I liked 2's answer... suspected that 2 was female because women know how women like to be touched.

contestant1 came across confident, which is attractive, and definitely male.

contestant3 won that round because... damn, that was some good writing. :D

The second question:

contestant2... now I was sure you were female. It was the laugh at my jokes part ;) I liked the "enticingly" line too.

contestant1, flattery will get you everywhere. That was a really clever answer.

contestant3 won that round because... damn, that was some good writing ;) "exploring secrets"...

The third question:

contestant 1, I loved the dance metaphor

contestant2, that was a good approach. I don't like when people are intimidated by me so you passed well.

contestant3. That was a fun way of answering. Very different from the first answers. Very masculine and... indulgent at the same time.

The fourth question: (I love stories)

I was hoping to get a snapshot moment of a memory from each of you but you all went the same direction with it, which worked out fine.

contestant1 - very tactile, in the moment.

contestant2 - a nice picture of being comfortable with yourself which makes for good relationships

contestant3 - very nicely written that was pretty close to the snapshot idea I had in mind.

The final question:

I was going to name qualities and have you rank them but I'm glad I left it open.

contestant2. your first choice was bang on. Honesty is most important to me as well. and a sexy bum is a great bonus ;)

contestant1 Adaptability caught me by surprise. I hadn't thought of that and I agree it's a very important thing to be capable of.

contestant3... very idealistic oriented but you found a way to not duplicate what had been said and you explained the choices well.

It was a really great game. I've enjoyed not only trying to think of good questions (which is hard) but seeing how you all handled them. Not a single slacker in the bunch. My final choice has to be contestant3.

I almost gave up on you but you were worth the wait. Whoever you are you sure can write!
spot

The Dating Game - koan

Post by spot »

Time to stand up and be counted, contestants!

Step out from behind the screen contestant1, the imperturbable and surprisingly sophisticated Bryn Mawr; contestant2, our very own vision of elegance, fragrance and radiance Imladris; and finally contestant3, saddle-sore but rampantly victorious, the legendary Far Rider.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

PONYBOY!!!

that's so great! :D

(hey, Immy - guess my flirting with you wasn't wasted, huh? :p )

... and Bryn ;) very suave
koan

The Dating Game - koan

Post by koan »

you're proof that cowboys can be sexy, Far.

I'll join the ranks of ladies chasing you about the forums ;)

Return to “The Dating Game”