Worlds largest dog...

Discussions about your pets!
K.Snyder

Worlds largest dog...

Post by K.Snyder »

I seen this in an email and just couldn't believe it...

Attached files
dubs

Worlds largest dog...

Post by dubs »

That's got to have been Photoshopped, hasn't it? It's a freakin monster!:D

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
K.Snyder

Worlds largest dog...

Post by K.Snyder »

Sorry...Here's the text that came along with the email...

As for the breed I would have no idea...

RedGlitter may know...

Hercules: The World's Biggest Dog Ever According to Guinness World Records Hercules was recently awarded the honorable distinction

of Worlds Biggest Dog by Guinness World Records. Hercules is an English Mastiff and who has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds.

With "paws the size of softballs" (reports the Boston Herald), the three-year-old monster is far larger and heavier than his breed's standard 200 lb. limit. Hercules owner Mr. Flynn says that Hercules weight is natural and not induced by a bizarre diet: "

I fed him normal food and he just "grew"... and grew. and grew. and grew.

What do you bet he eats a bag a day!!!!!!! The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $ 16,400. Should put it as a tax deduction on our Taxes.

Wouldn't you like to see the dish they use to feed him. Their bath tub maybe?

A walk in the park "All dogs must be kept under control with a leash" Yea, sure. This dog is like a gorilla it will go wherever it pleases and his master will simply be dragged along!!!!!!.

English Mastiff...
Bryn Mawr

Worlds largest dog...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;595017 wrote: A walk in the park "All dogs must be kept under control with a leash" Yea, sure. This dog is like a gorilla it will go wherever it pleases and his master will simply be dragged along!!!!!!.

That *must* be quote of the year :yh_rotfl
guppy

Worlds largest dog...

Post by guppy »

that is not a dog....that is a monster.....i hope he is good tempered!!!:wah:
dubs

Worlds largest dog...

Post by dubs »

Soberano;595025 wrote: Imagine waking up with that one licking your face, especially if it slobbers like a Boxer.:wah:

It ain't the lickin' you gotta worry about, it's when it humps ya leg!...:eek:

K.Snyder

Worlds largest dog...

Post by K.Snyder »

Yeah...Why does that guy even have a leash on that dog?...Seriously...
K.Snyder

Worlds largest dog...

Post by K.Snyder »

Soberano;595034 wrote: Maybe the dog has a leash on him.:D

The guy is the dogs' "bitch"...

How's that for irony?
Sweet Tooth

Worlds largest dog...

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Pinky;595012 wrote: Bloody hell, that's enormous!!!!:eek:
Pinky, I am so sorry, but YOU SAID BLOODY HELL!!!! HAHAHAHAHA I thought that was just a joke! My brother and I said it all the time in London as a joke because we didnt think you guys really said it!! :wah:
RedGlitter

Worlds largest dog...

Post by RedGlitter »

I figured a mastiff of some kind. Those dogs are huge. But this dog is *really* huge. I wish the dog wasn't black so I could get a better perspective. Its head doesn't look very normal. In fact none of the dog looks too normal in comparison with that guy holding the kitestring-er-leash. Could still be real though.
dubs

Worlds largest dog...

Post by dubs »

RedGlitter;595077 wrote: I figured a mastiff of some kind. Those dogs are huge. But this dog is *really* huge. I wish the dog wasn't black so I could get a better perspective. Its head doesn't look very normal. In fact none of the dog looks too normal in comparison with that guy holding the kitestring-er-leash. Could still be real though.

What you said there Red, made me think of Gigantism in humans! Where a small tumour stops growth hormones from "switching off"! It also affects the human features, notably the jaw. I've not heard of that in dogs, I wondered if you had!

RedGlitter

Worlds largest dog...

Post by RedGlitter »

I haven't really heard of that in animals, Dubs, but I imagine it's possible. After all, boxers have that peculiarity where their brains grow too large for their cranium and they die from it, so I reckon it's possible.

I looked up this dog and there's a "truth or fiction" site on it:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hercules.htm

Not saying they're right, just putting it out there.
rachelg

Worlds largest dog...

Post by rachelg »

That photo has been altered in Photoshop. I know, I am a graphic designer and I use Photoshop every day to combine photos and touch them up. If you blow it up and look at it, paying attention to the shadows and the side of the man, you can see where it used to be in the original photo. That is a Neopolitian Mastiff, they didn't use the correct breed name either. They are large, but not nearly that large:yh_rotfl
LilacDragon

Worlds largest dog...

Post by LilacDragon »

RedGlitter;595109 wrote: I haven't really heard of that in animals, Dubs, but I imagine it's possible. After all, boxers have that peculiarity where their brains grow too large for their cranium and they die from it, so I reckon it's possible.

Where on earth did you hear that about Boxers, RG!
Sandi

WonderWendy3

Worlds largest dog...

Post by WonderWendy3 »

RedGlitter;595109 wrote: I haven't really heard of that in animals, Dubs, but I imagine it's possible. After all, boxers have that peculiarity where their brains grow too large for their cranium and they die from it, so I reckon it's possible.

I don't know about Boxers, but the most famous case of a condition known as pituitary gigantism, was Aundre' the Giant which led him being dubbed "The Eighth Wonder of the World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_the_Giant

Worlds largest dog...

Post by 911 »

When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
RedGlitter

Worlds largest dog...

Post by RedGlitter »

LilacDragon;595423 wrote: Where on earth did you hear that about Boxers, RG!

My vets and the fact that I had a boxer at one time.
neffy

Worlds largest dog...

Post by neffy »

i think it is a horse but it has been tamperd with.If it is the real size you would ned a crane to pick up its pooh;)
The rottie queen
SteelSoulja

Worlds largest dog...

Post by SteelSoulja »

I don't believe this story. The dog was said to be an English Mastiff, but the one shown is actually a Neopolitan Mastiff. I have dealt with several breeders of these animals and the possibility that the dog can weigh over 100 lbs more than it's average 200 lb limit is always there, but I think the original author was great at photoshop. And here is some more reference to this. CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE! It gives some info about this story and busts the myth.

w w w. s n o p e s. c o m/photos/animals/hercules.asp

sneaky:
Jerry

Worlds largest dog...

Post by Jerry »

That's a dog?

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”