How to make a Spam Musubi

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

This is apparently a favorite snack in Hawaii. Go figure.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Spam-Musubi
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yuchy! :p
Peg

Post by Peg »

I like Spam (the kind you eat) but the rice and the seawood have got to go. :yh_sick
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Spam was a staple for the USA's emergency food rations in WWII and the Korean War . That's how it got to Hawaii and Korea, where it caught on like crazy.

The Americans also sent large quantities to the UK during WWII. Thirty years later, the Pythons immortalised it in the Spam sketch.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

Peg;597623 wrote: I like Spam (the kind you eat) but the rice and the seaweed have got to go. :yh_sick

I'd keep the rice and seaweed (nori is superb) and trash the Spam.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky;597620 wrote: I used to quite like Spam fritters until my brother told me what goes in it... -3

"Plopped ham and chalk". AFAIK nothing unwholesome goes into it, it's just that the proprotions of ingredients perhaps make an increase in body weight possible.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Richard Bell;597667 wrote: Spam was a staple for the USA's emergency food rations in WWII and the Korean War . That's how it got to Hawaii and Korea, where it caught on like crazy.

On a related note, do you know whether US corned beef is at all like UK corned beef? I have been to some countries where corned beef contains long fibres of meat - I only assume this is a UK/US difference, it could be a local product.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky;597730 wrote: I thought it was all processed ears, hooves and other *offal* things! Sorry about the bad pun, couldn't resist it!

There are some things which are not allowed in products for human consumption. Your imagination will probably tell you what they are! I shouldn't think it would be easy to eat hooves, even cooked in an autoclave!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky;597743 wrote: They eat pig's trotters in Germany!

"They" eat 'em here, too! Some people think they're a delicacy, but the texture is a bit off for me... there's a lot of gelatinous stuff in this dish.
G-man

Post by G-man »

I'd rather have the spam... :p

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky;597760 wrote:

Originally Posted by Bill Sikes

"They" eat 'em here, too! Some people think they're a delicacy, but the texture is a bit off for me... there's a lot of gelatinous stuff in this dish.

Yeugh!!! I can't stand anything rubbery!

I'm sure there's a good chance tihis has been done here before, but....

In a Chinese restaurant... Man and waiter...

Man: Waiter!!!

W: Yes, sair?

Man: This chicken is very rubbery.

W: Ah, so! Rubbery. Rubbery??? Ay!!! Rubbery!! Chicken is velly rubbery, I tank you!
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Pinky;597760 wrote: Yeugh!!! I can't stand anything rubbery!

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl Oh my - say no more
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

4.Open the spam container, carefully shake the can upside down (so that the contents can come out), and cut the spam into slices. It's preferable to cut it the short way, so that you have more pieces.

:yh_rotfl

What did they think people were going to do, cut it while it was still in the can?

And how in the world do you get more pieces out of the same amount by cutting it differently? Perhaps size of the cuts are to be sacrificed? :yh_rotfl
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

K.Snyder;597929 wrote: :And how in the world do you get more pieces out of the same amount by cutting it differently? Perhaps size of the cuts are to be sacrificed? :yh_rotfl

I am reminded of this joke....a man calls to order a small pizza. The counterman asks "do you want it sliced into 6 or 8 pieces?" The man replies "Cut it into 6, I do not think I could eat 8 pieces, I am not that hungry."
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Marie5656;597932 wrote: I am reminded of this joke....a man calls to order a small pizza. The counterman asks "do you want it sliced into 6 or 8 pieces?" The man replies "Cut it into 6, I do not think I could eat 8 pieces, I am not that hungry."

:wah:

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”