Very disheartening...new threads written and people read with no reply

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hang in there~~~there are so many threads that it is difficult to respond to every one. i am sure no-one is ignoring you---i'm not! :)
spot

Post by spot »

I'm not sure that I see most of the posts on ForumGarden, though I'd prefer to. There are far more... conferences? folders? - than I'd expect. But it's a long time since I was on a bulletin board, I might just be out of practice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Post by minks »

or maybe we have not yet formed an opinion or don't have an answer for you. We tend not to ignore our newbies.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

there are only so many topics i respond to. if i am interested in the discussion i give my 2 cents. it is impossible to answer everyone posting, i would never be able to get anything done & then be a forum flea. i can see you & your lab-poodle was sweet.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

I really don't care who started the thread.. or posted to it.. if I am interested in the topic of discussion .. I post.. if not.. then I just read it and move on... It is not that I like or dislike the person making the post..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

As it was stated there are so many thread started here, that it's impossible to respond to each and every one of them. I only respond to those that catch my interest, and the ones I have time for. ;)

Sometimes a thread can receive no response at all, then one day some one responds and off it goes.. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE..!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

interesting question. hadn't thought much about it. i don't think people post only under specific people's threads. i was welcomed very well when i first started posting threads.

sometimes it is just difficult to get through them all. some people just like to read too...maybe not such a big "talker".

i have been REALLY busy and not posting much. not ignoring you!

:-6
BTS

Post by BTS »

6:

I think you will find there are some here that do not care about other peoples dogs names or things of that nature but they are here for political or news threads.

Just my opinion as I mainly look for humerous things online or politics that interest me.

BTS
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BTS

Post by BTS »

capt buzzard.........

You voted twice...........with 2 different answers.

How can that be?

Just wondering?
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

look at all the posts on this thread! :p
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

BTS wrote: capt buzzard.........

You voted twice...........with 2 different answers.

How can that be?

Just wondering?OOpps,I made a mistake first time
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

Dis-heartened? Don't bee, you really haven't seen anything yet, stick around, keep reading, scandal could happen any moment. the past month there has been little need to post, as the world turns was so entertaining i was stopping in whenever i had a chance just to read. it was funny as hell.

Is anyone responding to this thread, this is my second post here?
BTS

Post by BTS »

Agnes wrote: Dis-heartened? Don't bee, you really haven't seen anything yet, stick around, keep reading, scandal could happen any moment. the past month there has been little need to post, as the world turns was so entertaining i was stopping in whenever i had a chance just to read. it was funny as hell.

YIPPERS!!!!!!!!!! Agnes

A laugh a minute it was...........
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Agnes wrote: Dis-heartened? Don't bee, you really haven't seen anything yet, stick around, keep reading, scandal could happen any moment. the past month there has been little need to post, as the world turns was so entertaining i was stopping in whenever i had a chance just to read. it was funny as hell.

devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I try to respond only to threads started that I am interested in or know something about. I tend to stay out of foreign threads, politics, and stuff I know little about. I still may read them (if I ever get done reading all the other stuff) but I generally stick with the general threads.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Jives

Post by Jives »

I'm a "New Post Junkie" I always go to the new threads and see what's up. I almost always post at least once in them, but if I've said everything I wanted to say, and the conversation begins to go around in circles, I go off hunting new game.

the only thing that'll keep me in a thread is a serious debate (like the ICP thread or the Russia thread) Also developing threads like "Runaway Bride thread" that keep changing get my interest. Hmmm...maybe I have an attention span disorder?

Naaaah!

Don't worry, 6! The forum's just a huge place, that's all! :cool:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Peg

Post by Peg »

I don't pay much attention to who started a thread or who posted tin it. I look at the subject matter and if it interests me, I post.
David813

Post by David813 »

6 In Team wrote: Do the forum folks only welcome you to the forum when you introduce yourself (I got many welcome responses) but never reply to you again. Is this like High School...click click clicky? :sneaky:

Maybe this is a slow forum. I have never been on a forum and been ignored or not reponded too. I see people read my post but then don't respond.

I have seen others ignored..no way to treat people. Life is short and I was taught to treat others as you are treated. :confused:

...maybe you only like the folks who have been here awhile on the forum...I can take a hint! :-2You mean CLIQUE. I never post threads and prefer political, social issue subjects and ignore others that don't have a real interest to me. It's like shopping. There's only a couple posters I ignore. I said almost EXACTLY what you say here not long ago. I had to make adjustments, do some pm'ing and respond to posts instead of making threads so early. To find out where people were on the issues. To this date I have put up one thread. It sank, I cried. I got over it. Welcome to FG!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
jahamaa

Post by jahamaa »

A lot of times I read the topic and never even look to see who started the thread.

I only read them if the topic is of interest to me and then, if I have nothing to say or someone else has said what I would have, I don't post.

Trust me newbie, If you touch a cord on this forum you'll get all the responce you can handle and it will be well thought out and it will make you think too. :wah:
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

6 IN TEAM, what other forum are you into & do you still go to that site? i feel this thread has received much attention, you are very much welcomed.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

David813 wrote: You mean CLIQUE. I never post threads and prefer political, social issue subjects and ignore others that don't have a real interest to me. It's like shopping. There's only a couple posters I ignore. I said almost EXACTLY what you say here not long ago. I had to make adjustments, do some pm'ing and respond to posts instead of making threads so early. To find out where people were on the issues. To this date I have put up one thread. It sank, I cried. I got over it. Welcome to FG!
one thread? oh, david, put up another...it won't sink...it will rock!
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

You can't be worried if people will post. If people like it...great...if they don't like it...try again. Eventually you will say something to get people fired up.
koan

Post by koan »

I have not been able to be online as much as usual but I find the more I post the more replies I have to sort through before I get a chance to browse for new ones. I reply when I think of something to say. Intro threads get missed a lot while clicking through stuff in my notifications. I try not to just say 'hi' I usually want something relevant or witty to say. I'm not always feeling relevant or witty.

I do remember feeling ignored when I first got here though.
David813

Post by David813 »

And the multiple choice is unfair! I would think most people here answer thread subjects they are interested in. Period. I don't post just to say hi or play games. I guess we're all here for different reasons but I like to fish and engage people that are into current events/politics.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

You forgot to mention that you like to post a lot when your nearing the "hundred" mark ROFL
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Lon

Post by Lon »

I post when the message is of interest to me, irrespective of who did the posting.
koan

Post by koan »

I think the poll option saying 'post only when I know the member I am replying to' is a little bit insulting. It might be nice if you clarify that a bit. At one time none of us knew anyone here. Also there are some new members who have quickly become part of the community that could deny there is any kind of clique going on here.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

This "clique" assumption is kind of bugging me too. While I don't absolutely adore every member here, or agree with all of them, and I am friends with some, I don't think anyone is intentionally ignoring you. Sometimes there are one or two threads that get a ton of attention and move very quickly, while the rest sit idle for a while. Heck, there's been a few times I posted threads, waited around for replies, didn't get any, and two days later, find 25 replies to it. If it's an important topic, sometimes I have to think about my reply, consider my response. There are all kinds of reasons why people do or don't reply to threads. The poll is vaguely insulting, as koan said, and I didn't vote for that reason.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

uh....want some cheese with that whine? oh hell, i'll get in trouble for this too.:wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

6 In Team wrote: Do the forum folks only welcome you to the forum when you introduce yourself (I got many welcome responses) but never reply to you again. Is this like High School...click click clicky? :sneaky:

Maybe this is a slow forum. I have never been on a forum and been ignored or not reponded too. I see people read my post but then don't respond.

I have seen others ignored..no way to treat people. Life is short and I was taught to treat others as you are treated. :confused:

...maybe you only like the folks who have been here awhile on the forum...I can take a hint! Maybe the reason folk did'nt reply to all your threads was because you posted 3 threads introducing yourself!!

I think you'll find people will only respond to threads when something is of interest to them.

You have 30 something hits on this one, i dont see a problem. :-2
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I tend to flit in and out of the forum between housework and children! Sometimes I only have time to have a quick read and run, which is how it was over this weekend. Week day mornings are my best time for coming online and I reply to threads that strike a point with me or give me reason for a giggle! I also sometimes find myself holding back, but that is a lack of confidence in me, definately nothing personal.:)
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

Let me be succinct, responses must be earned. Post something of interest and others will respond. Sorry, the poll looks like something passed around by wallflowers at a highschool freshman mixer. :yh_cry :yh_loser :yh_doh
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

"earned", in other words as the poll stated, you only respond unless the thread is of interest to you? der-wulf this is disheartening, and an example of "opinion." polls are optional and you do not need to vote, i'd say leave it alone, or simply start a thread that is of interest to you. pinch. :yh_ooooo
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

Agnes wrote: "earned", in other words as the poll stated, you only respond unless the thread is of interest to you? der-wulf this is disheartening, and an example of "opinion." polls are optional and you do not need to vote, i'd say leave it alone, or simply start a thread that is of interest to you. pinch. :yh_ooooo
And thank you sweets for your support in making my point. :D
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

February_Stormz wrote: I usually only reply to threads that I have something to add or say about.

However, I have noticed that some threads get off the topic of discussion and end up becoming chit chat among posters who know each other. A little clicky at times...yes. :confused: i think all threads get off topic! ....but there's no clique....most people here are very friendly.
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

yup, just one big happy family! i think this thread is no longer disheartening, BUT A SUCCESS! Yeah! happy posting to you all. :wah:
cars

Post by cars »

There's too many "finite" menu categories, I usually like to just go to the "Chit-Chat" Board!! :-2
Cars :)

Return to “Members' News”