the worst jobs in history!

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

these will make you appreciate your miserable job! LOL.....toady.....worst jobs in history, by era. :eek:
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

There is also a book in paperback by the bloke who played Keith (in `The Office`) -whose real name I can`t recall - listing the 50 worse jobs in Britain. Clearing up after the chickens have been slaughtered and cleaning out the sewers spring to mind!
smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

lady cop wrote: these will make you appreciate your miserable job! LOL.....toady.....worst jobs in history, by era. :eek:

OMG! :lips: I'll never ever complain about my job again
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

In Moby Dick, Melville describes the job of the guy belowdecks who had to stack the slabs of whale blubber when it was slid down to him. The blubber room, as you can imagine was hardwood, but super slippery, and with the ship pitching in the waves, staying in place must have been a challenge. Melville puts it this way:

"Toes were few and far between among the blubber room men."
Look what the cat dragged in.
lou-lou

Post by lou-lou »

I think the worst job must have been having to take the dead out of the houses and burn them during the Black Death era must have been horrible :yh_sick
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

How about Armpit Smeller?? Yuck!!!

Foot/Armpit Sniffer: Deodorant designers and chemists rely on the olfactory expertise of people with highly sensitive senses of smell. If you have a nose attuned enough to make the cut, you can sniff before-and-after pits and feet for $40-50K a year. Contact deodorant companies.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

My Full Praise goes out to the Police,medical staff in our hospitals and the fire stations who have to put up every day with our Sh1te.
gmc

Post by gmc »

re Tony Robinson worst jobs in history. He did one on castrati.

end of discussion so far as I am concerned.

Return to “History”