Stump Spot - The Game

This is where we play our home grown versions of the popular game shows you know and love.
Chookie

Stump Spot - The Game

Post by Chookie »

According to the link I've given here -

There are three gold mines in Wales today

* Dolaucothi, near Pumpsaint, Dyfed, owned and run by the National Trust, so can be visited. The mine was operated by the Romans, but after the Romans departure, the mine lay abandoned for centuries. Revival in the 19th century did not last long, with the mine finally closing in 1938. Dolaucothi's fascinating story is today told on the "Miners Way" self guide surface trail and also on guided underground tour.

* Gwynfynydd Gold Mines in Dolgellau started in the 1860's and has proved to be one of the richest gold mines in Britain. Gwynfynydd Gold Mine has now been restored after being inactive, and is again in full production. It has a recorded output of more than 2,000 oz of fine gold since 1884. Visitors to Gwynfynydd are offered the opportunity to visit the working gold mine, pan for gold and experience the search for Welsh gold.

* Clogau Gold Mine in Bontddu, near Barmouth, is a working gold mine which is not open to the public.

/www.wales-calling.com/mining.htm
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
spot

Stump Spot - The Game

Post by spot »

Pinky;593743 wrote: Hey I've got one!

Who's the actor in Chookie's avatar?

Ey what? That's Spike, that is.

You don't seriously think I know the actor's name, I hope.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Stump Spot - The Game

Post by spot »

Chookie;593739 wrote: There are three gold mines in Wales todayI'm astounded, I had no idea.

Chookie stumped Spot a sixth time! (I wasn't near a computer to check, so not getting it with a browser didn't happen)

eta: "It has a recorded output of more than 2,000 oz of fine gold since 1884"? In my head, that's roughly US$ 500,000 at today's prices, garnered over 120 years, an average gross income of US$ 4,500 a year in current money. I'm not sure that really qualifies as a mine, it's more a hobby.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Stump Spot - The Game

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky;593900 wrote: Yeah, that's what I meant, because I don't and I wondered who he was!:wah:

James Marsters?
spot

Stump Spot - The Game

Post by spot »

Pinky;593900 wrote: Yeah, that's what I meant, because I don't and I wondered who he was!:wah:

One James Marsters, apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_%28Buffyverse%29

"his first professional acting role was Ferdinand in The Tempest at the Goodman Theatre in 1987. In this production, he was rolled onto the stage strapped naked to a wheel".

Pinky stumped Spot a sixth time!

Return to “FG Game Shows”