Wal-Mart Moves to Trademark 'The Ten Commandments'

Share your best finds on the Internet.
DisassociatedDave

Post by DisassociatedDave »

BENTONVILLE, AK (The Disassociated Press) April 11, 2007 – Mega retailer Wal-Mart, which often finds itself at the center of controversial lawsuits and legal disputes, is once again headed back to court. In this case, however, it’s Wal-Mart in the role of the protagonist...

(To read the rest, click onto the link below, or copy/paste it to your web browser. After you’ve finished, be sure to come back to ForumGarden.com!).

http://www.disassociatedpress.com/wmmt.htm
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

I can see it now... "Thou shalt not steal" posted over every aisle. "Honour thy father and mother (and Visa and Mastercard and Interac) " at every checkout.

I'm guessing they won't be pushing the "thou shalt not covet" angle very hard, especially when they have a nifty gas BBQ on sale for $114.36.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I wonder what God would have to say about the trademark issue..................
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

chonsigirl;592401 wrote: I wonder what God would have to say about the trademark issue..................

He wouldn't be too pleased.

He's doing ads for Target.

Hey, if William Shatner can be a pitchman, why not ??
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Thou shalt not steal would work well. Hmm...though shalt not shop at target?
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

They can then trademark the 12 Days of Christmas...make them the 12 days of Walmart. A different unique gift item on sale every day for 12 days. The only clincher, whatever day it is, that is how many you must buy.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Next thing you know,Michael Jackson will own the beatles music. Blasphemy I say.:cool:
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

Well, the news has nothing better to do than go after big retailers. I have to say, walmart has low prices than other retailers. I think if people would leave them alone, the prices might even be lower. This is my opion. I have worked in retail for 21 years , they do it to all the retailers that are good. This means, Walmart must be good.
biotechbloggers

Post by biotechbloggers »

Are you serious?
spot

Post by spot »

I'm so glad you asked. An answer from the OP will be interesting.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
KB.

Post by KB. »

The best thing God could do would be to raise Sam from the dead and let him take a switch to his children.
Life ain't linear.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Do you have seven days a week retailing in the States?
KB.

Post by KB. »

gmc;671274 wrote: Do you have seven days a week retailing in the States?

We do, hell we have 365 day retailing in the US. I see where you are going, and it is clever, but considering most folks call Sunday the sabbath when it is actually Saturday you can see the problem there.
Life ain't linear.
gmc

Post by gmc »

KB.;671284 wrote: We do, hell we have 365 day retailing in the US. I see where you are going, and it is clever, but considering most folks call Sunday the sabbath when it is actually Saturday you can see the problem there.

I was just curious. We do but Sunday retailing was opposed by religious groups who very much a minority here-I just wondered if there was opposition to it on religious grounds in the states.
KB.

Post by KB. »

gmc;671512 wrote: I was just curious. We do but Sunday retailing was opposed by religious groups who very much a minority here-I just wondered if there was opposition to it on religious grounds in the states.

I'm sure someone opposes it, I do, but I don't work Sundays unless I want to. Sunday is usually the busiest day. Most retailers start there sales on Sundays so for those great bargain deals (shitty trash I wouldn't burn) to be had you need to get in early.
Life ain't linear.
spot

Post by spot »

gmc lives in Scotland which has the same commerce-frenzied deregulation that the US has.

England retains a degree of calm though not to the extent it used to. Large stores (which here means anything larger than a family-run shop with a single cash register - I've no idea what the real definition is in law, but that's what it feels like) can only open for up to 6 hours on Sunday, no earlier than 10am and no later than 6pm, and they're forbidden from opening on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Links to the Fascinating”