Question for the mods

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

RedGlitter;589571 wrote: Not to sound like the cartoon but "we don't need no stinkin' mods!" Or any more rules. We done separated the wheat from the chaff already. Things are running smoothly. Nuff said.

We already have them

flopstock;589350 wrote: And every now and then we have moderators who are pretty abusive.

Can I have a turn please?:D

Seriously Tombstone, it aint broke; don't fix it.:-4

Tombstone;589359 wrote: Let's see where we go with this and let's give it some time.

Is it possible to see a list of who is a moderater (how many are there) and what powers they do have . I think it would be a mistake to give them the power to dish out bannings and infractions simply because of on going feuds , i think these decisions should only come from Tombstone himself - in the interest of fairness .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

QUOTE=minks;589968]*raises hand here*

Just read Tombstones posts, the poor man gets enough of that as is. Why start in on our mods.

Maybe your right , i don't know. The one thing i do know is that the mods we do have do have the power to give out infractions and in this currant climate i think thats a bit suss . We should know what's going on .:-3 ...also how would you feel if someone you had a grudge with had that power .

Yes we have had utter ***** for mods before and they took a hell of a lot of flack, they also started some flack but that is in the past and FG has got past that, I suspect our fearless leader does not want a repeat of this either so again let's leave the mods to mod in private.

Lets take a look at the big picture here, this forum has stood the test of time in many different forms, with mods, without mods, 2 leaders, 1 leader, and we are still standing.

At any given time look at the number of members online, and then go search other forums and see if they have as many members active and online at the same time, you will be hard pressed to match our numbers.

I think our track record shows this forum runs well as it is. We do well with the self moderation and our private mods and lets' let it be.

Again just my honest opinion.

M[/QUOTE]

minks

Question for the mods

Post by minks »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;589991 wrote: QUOTE=minks;589968]*raises hand here*

Just read Tombstones posts, the poor man gets enough of that as is. Why start in on our mods.

Maybe your right , i don't know. The one thing i do know is that the mods we do have do have the power to give out infractions and in this currant climate i think thats a bit suss . We should know what's going on .:-3 ...also how would you feel if someone you had a grudge with had that power .

Yes we have had utter ***** for mods before and they took a hell of a lot of flack, they also started some flack but that is in the past and FG has got past that, I suspect our fearless leader does not want a repeat of this either so again let's leave the mods to mod in private.

Lets take a look at the big picture here, this forum has stood the test of time in many different forms, with mods, without mods, 2 leaders, 1 leader, and we are still standing.

At any given time look at the number of members online, and then go search other forums and see if they have as many members active and online at the same time, you will be hard pressed to match our numbers.

I think our track record shows this forum runs well as it is. We do well with the self moderation and our private mods and lets' let it be.

Again just my honest opinion.

M

I think again I am so not a mod, I think we have wide range of mods and I think some of our mods don't need "flack" it's not their nature to get flack or take flack and, are mods because they are unbiased. (note minks could never be a mod on just that point alone)

Hehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Question for the mods

Post by minks »

Sorry pants I didn't really answer your question did I so sorry.

I would feel like crap Pants, as well I have been in that boat in years past where mods held a grudge against me. I just sucked it up and didn't get into any match's with the said mods. In the end, the whole modness fell apart. All their mod powers were taken away. I have since learned to re-direct the negative energies from those who hold a grudge against me to places I like to be. I stopped taking stuff personally and then suddenly I was left alone.

I dunno what else to tell ya again it's only my opinions I guess it's up to the mods if they wanna be private or public.

― Mae West
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

minks;589998 wrote: Sorry pants I didn't really answer your question did I so sorry.

I would feel like crap Pants, as well I have been in that boat in years past where mods held a grudge against me. I just sucked it up and didn't get into any match's with the said mods. In the end, the whole modness fell apart. All their mod powers were taken away. I have since learned to re-direct the negative energies from those who hold a grudge against me to places I like to be. I stopped taking stuff personally and then suddenly I was left alone.

I dunno what else to tell ya again it's only my opinions I guess it's up to the mods if they wanna be private or public.

Theres mod dutys and theres mod dutys under no circumstances should a mod have the power to give out an infraction if they have held a grudge with another member - this is happening . thats why i believe things should be public .

minks

Question for the mods

Post by minks »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590007 wrote: Theres mod dutys and theres mod dutys under no circumstances should a mod have the power to give out an infraction if they have held a grudge with another member - this is happening . thats why i believe things should be public .

Point taken wish I was more help for ya there.

― Mae West
koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

I am now a mod.

I don't think it is a secret.

It isn't something that would stay a secret. I'm not going to list all the moderators for you at the moment because I'm not sure that all the former spam patrol people want to be full mods.

And no one will be giving infractions without informing the boss.
YZGI

Question for the mods

Post by YZGI »

koan;590012 wrote: I am now a mod.

It isn't something that would stay a secret. I'm not going to list all the moderators for you at the moment because I'm not sure that all the former spam patrol people want to be full mods.

HA! Thats why your one eyed photo in your avatar is always staring at me. Note to self.(scribble scribble) Be nice to Koan she has power.:D :cool:
koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

YZGI;590025 wrote: HA! Thats why your one eyed photo in your avatar is always staring at me. Note to self.(scribble scribble) Be nice to Koan she has power.:D :cool:

you don't have to be nice to me.

I like a good argument. ;)
YZGI

Question for the mods

Post by YZGI »

koan;590012 wrote: I am now a mod.

If George W. hadn't invaded Iraq I bet an american would have gotten this job. Hey back off, Free speach and all.:cool: ;)
el guapo

Question for the mods

Post by el guapo »

last week ya said you were not a mod

make ya mind up
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Tombstone

Question for the mods

Post by Tombstone »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;589710 wrote: We already have them

Is it possible to see a list of who is a moderater (how many are there) and what powers they do have . I think it would be a mistake to give them the power to dish out bannings and infractions simply because of on going feuds , i think these decisions should only come from Tombstone himself - in the interest of fairness .

I'll get the list of mods published - actually their names will appear in the user groups list.

We have had mods for awhile. They've all done a great job. I think the thing to remember is that ForumGarden is not about Tombstone. It never has been.

FG is about the community, our issues, our lives, and the topics we feel like talking about.

Since I cannot be here 24/7, it is imperative that we have other FG members participate in FG's well-being. It's the right thing to do.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

bornbad;590054 wrote: last week ya said you were not a mod

make ya mind up

A long time ago God said "let there be light". Things change.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

Tombstone;590059 wrote: I'll get the list of mods published - actually their names will appear in the user groups list.

We have had mods for awhile. They've all done a great job. I think the thing to remember is that ForumGarden is not about Tombstone. It never has been.

FG is about the community, our issues, our lives, and the topics we feel like talking about.

Since I cannot be here 24/7, it is imperative that we have other FG members participate in FG's well-being. It's the right thing to do.

I have no problem with that at all i just object to people with grudges having the power to give out bannings .

el guapo

Question for the mods

Post by el guapo »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590066 wrote: I have no problem with that at all i just object to people with grudges having the power to give out bannings .

for a change we agree
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

Tombstone;590084 wrote: group hug.

:D :D :D

okay! i'm off to work!

So tombstone can you please tell me why somebody who has had a grudge with me for 18 months has been given the power to give me an infraction when they were in directly invovled with the thread in question :confused: .

Imladris

Question for the mods

Post by Imladris »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590108 wrote: So tombstone can you please tell me why somebody who has had a grudge with me for 18 months has been given the power to give me an infraction when they were in directly invovled with the thread in question :confused: .

Why don't you become a mod pants then you can both 'infract' away to your hearts content!:D
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

bornbad;590078 wrote: for a change we agree

See miracles do happen ;)

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

Imladris;590115 wrote: Why don't you become a mod pants then you can both 'infract' away to your hearts content!:D

I wouldn't want that power . The point i'm trying to make is if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone . .....

Imladris

Question for the mods

Post by Imladris »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590126 wrote: I wouldn't want that power . The point i'm trying to make is if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone . .....

Absolutely, and it's a shame when it happens to whomever it happens to.

koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

Imladris;590131 wrote: Absolutely, and it's a shame when it happens to whomever it happens to.

Except that sometimes people assume it was for a grudge and that only one person made the decision.
koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

juno;590135 wrote: It shouldn't happen to anyone! :(

and it hasn't happened to anyone.
YZGI

Question for the mods

Post by YZGI »

koan;590138 wrote: and it hasn't happened to anyone.
Do you love me Koan? Cause I only want mods who love me. Come on you can admit it.:cool: ;)
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

koan;590133 wrote: Except that sometimes people assume it was for a grudge and that only one person made the decision.

A group with a grudge.... that makes a lot more sense and a mockery of the rules .

Imladris

Question for the mods

Post by Imladris »

koan;590133 wrote: Except that sometimes people assume it was for a grudge and that only one person made the decision.

Okay - I'm going to leave it here. I don't know all the facts, the voyeur in me wants to but I'm giving her a slap.

koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

Anyone who is given an infraction is told why and for what post.

I have no idea why the confusion exists.

This idea that mods have given infractions without telling anyone else or having approval is purely imagination.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

koan;590170 wrote: Anyone who is given an infraction is told why and for what post.

I have no idea why the confusion exists.

This idea that mods have given infractions without telling anyone else or having approval is purely imagination.

Can somebody explain to me if this constitutes flaming

Re: A Public Announcement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per-usual this will become a free for all so i'll state now for the record ... i will not be responding anymore to it .

You know another member in that thread called me a moron i wonder if they got an infraction .:thinking:

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

flopstock;590188 wrote: no

glad to help:-6

Thankyou . There's something fishy going on here . Here it is in full .:thinking:

. Yesterday, 08:28 PM

abbey

Supporting Member

You have received an infraction at ForumGarden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear pantsonfire321@aol.com,

You have received an infraction at ForumGarden.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... p?p=589077

Reason: Flaming

-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,

ForumGarden

Local Time: 07:04 PM

Local Date: 04-10-2007

koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590176 wrote: Can somebody explain to me if this constitutes flaming

I've checked the logs. You are correct. It should have been for this post.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=54

Sorry for the confusion.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

koan;590213 wrote: I've checked the logs. You are correct. It should have been for this post.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=54

Sorry for the confusion.

Not good enough . Myself and Jim have sorted out our differences and it is old news . The person who gave me the infraction was the person the whole 'public anouncement'thread was about so they have a vested interest and have had a grudge for 18 months . This whole mess shows how corrupt the mods having power can be . Its disgusting . I hope everyone is taking note . Mods can be nasty just no one else , i also think you'll find it was one of the mods who made the original complaint about the post in that thread ... This is one big set up

koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

This is a bit of a transition time.

Glitches will have to be worked out. I agree that having an area to question infractions is a good idea. For now that will have to be in the Problems Solutions and Feedback Forums. Even if I had the ability to create a private area, which I don't, I couldn't do it without Tombstone's approval.
koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590231 wrote: Not good enough . Myself and Jim have sorted out our differences and it is old news . The person who gave me the infraction was the person the whole 'public anouncement'thread was about so they have a vested interest and have had a grudge for 18 months . This whole mess shows how corrupt the mods having power can be . Its disgusting . I hope everyone is taking note . Mods can be nasty just no one else .

The person who gave you the infraction did so because Tombstone said it should be so. She just happened to be the first one to read it. There was no grudge involved. I feel the discussion can be closed now. Do you agree?
Carl44

Question for the mods

Post by Carl44 »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590231 wrote: Not good enough . Myself and Jim have sorted out our differences and it is old news . The person who gave me the infraction was the person the whole 'public anouncement'thread was about so they have a vested interest and have had a grudge for 18 months . This whole mess shows how corrupt the mods having power can be . Its disgusting . I hope everyone is taking note . Mods can be nasty just no one else .

thats jimbo to you missy ,we may of buried the hatchet but we are not on first name terms just yet :D :D
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

Excuse me why has this thread been changed so that it looks like i started it .

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

koan;590235 wrote: The person who gave you the infraction did so because Tombstone said it should be so. She just happened to be the first one to read it. There was no grudge involved. I feel the discussion can be closed now. Do you agree?

No i don't . How can the mods ever be trusted again .

koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590239 wrote: Excuse me why has this thread been changed so that it looks like i started it .

It became a topic on its own.

When posts are moved to a new thread the member with the first post in the discussion will appear as the thread creator.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

koan;590245 wrote: It became a topic on its own.

When posts are moved to a new thread the member with the first post in the discussion will appear as the thread creator.

In future if i want to start a thread i will do so myself i don't need you doing it for me .

koan

Question for the mods

Post by koan »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;590249 wrote: In future if i want to start a thread i will do so myself i don't need you doing it for me .

In the future, when you have a topic or issue that deserves its own thread then it makes our lives easier if you start the thread yourself.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Question for the mods

Did you get an infraction for calling me a moron .

guppy

Question for the mods

Post by guppy »

I am on several forums now..moving posts to correct threads is not a new idea...i have seen it happening on several forums..it keeps the forum unlcuttered and helps keep down fractured conversations...i am all for it..weather we like it or not ..
Betty Boop

Question for the mods

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;590531 wrote: Maybe a list of mods should be made public if only to stop people thinking that one or two people are responsible for every damn thing.

THe ones that have said they are are bloody brave IMO.

There are quite a few to my knowledge. I don't blame them for not wanting to say they're mods. At least If I tell someone to shut the feck up because they're getting on my nerves, the most I'll get is an infraction. Big deal.

Lets face it, if you have something to say, just post it loud and clear in your journal where no-one can have a go and have done with it, no more of this skirting the issue avoidance crap. Either get it over and done with and say it or SHUT THE FECK UP!!! It's getting old and boring.

So so and so doesn't like so and so....whoopie do!!! Big news, NOT! Who the hell cares? Deal with it! Come out with it and say it rather than all this blurry *****!

Everyone else is bored to tears with the same old bollocks again and again.

Gety it off yoiur chest once and for all or shut your herad and say summat constructive!

:yh_clap :yh_clap
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Question for the mods

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky;590531 wrote: Maybe a list of mods should be made public if only to stop people thinking that one or two people are responsible for every damn thing.

THe ones that have said they are are bloody brave IMO.

There are quite a few to my knowledge. I don't blame them for not wanting to say they're mods. At least If I tell someone to shut the feck up because they're getting on my nerves, the most I'll get is an infraction. Big deal.

Lets face it, if you have something to say, just post it loud and clear in your journal where no-one can have a go and have done with it, no more of this skirting the issue avoidance crap. Either get it over and done with and say it or SHUT THE FECK UP!!! It's getting old and boring.

So so and so doesn't like so and so....whoopie do!!! Big news, NOT! Who the hell cares? Deal with it! Come out with it and say it rather than all this blurry s.h.i.t.e!

Everyone else is bored to tears with the same old bollocks again and again.

Get it off your chest once and for all or shut your head and say summat constructive!

Thank you for saying what many of us are feeling
minks

Question for the mods

Post by minks »

Pinks if ya go public with it anywhere ya stand the chance of the gang tactic coming into play... we have seen it time and time again.

I will bring forward what I posted in the other thread... (brief less worded version)

a discussion board, mods get to see it and the member who has the beef (in this case Pants) gets fair air time as well.

Let the mods and Pants sort it out in a discussion, nobody else needs to see it and then with luck it will be solved. I think it's fair to both the said offending mod (as of current issues) and Pants at this point and time.

For Pants to come out and point fingers right now would only create a big mucky muck.

Please don't think I am going against ya here in any way Pinks, I just want anyone to know that PM's don't necessarily work, bringing things to the general public don't work either and trust me I have been there personally.

I think it's something the mods do need to know, and Pants needs to have her fair say. As does anybody from here on in.

Ok I am repeating myself sorry.

― Mae West
minks

Question for the mods

Post by minks »

Pinky;590569 wrote: I just felt it fair to pint out that Koan is not the only mod here, far from it. She's been gutsy in saying that she is one...there are more than most people realise. Yes, everyone should have their say, what I'm alluding to is just to bloody well say it rather than hinting at stuff.

good point Pinks indeed.

I am going to stop making this a Pants issue here for a second....

And just toss this thought out there....

perhaps there are members out there who don't know where to turn with this and alluding to things is the best way they can manage to ask for the help.

Not all are as bold as some of us, by the way have I mentioned lately who really gets under my skin hehehehehe kidding aside ... I think it's at the point where members need a place to report the troubles and be given fair say.

― Mae West
guppy

Question for the mods

Post by guppy »

i am one of the mods here as well....koan is not by herself . pinky is correct..there are quite a few mods....
anon e mouse

Question for the mods

Post by anon e mouse »

As the saying goes everyone loves to hate a mod

However I do feel that no matter what type of forum you have it is never a good idea to make someone a moderator who has a track record of flaming or baiting other members

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”