What is you gas price where you live?

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

With rising gas prices, yet again, just in time for summer. What is the current price where you are?

$2.89 a gallon just got gas yesterday, $20.00 does not even budge the needle.:wah:
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

Tater Tazz;588652 wrote: With rising gas prices, yet again, just in time for summer. What is the current price where you are?

$2.89 a gallon just got gas yesterday, $20.00 does not even budge the needle.:wah:

I bet there are a lot of car users over here that are looking at those prices very enviously!!! :wah:
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Erm € 1.08.7 per litre? What ever that is in Dollars per gallon I don't know, but its more expensive than in America anyway, that I do know. :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
cars

Post by cars »

Too frekin High!!! :-5 The price of gal unleaded reg gas started off @$2.39

4 months ago here in FL! Just yesterday filled up gas tank to the tune of $3.07/gal!!! :-5 (up ".22" cents since just last week) As mentioned before in other threads for our overseas friends that pay $10.00/gal gas, our cars here avg 11 to 18mpg, vs most of their cars that avg tripple that mpg so it's kind of a wash. ;) :) We all need cars that can run on water!!!!

(Then water would turn out to cost $5.00 to $10.00 per gal. So. . . . . )
Cars :)
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Prices have been hovering aroung $2.59 a gallon.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

It's running around £0.89 per litre for unleaded. That works out at at around £4.05 per gallon ($7.95 US) or it would except our gallons are bigger than yours.

A US gallon is equivalent to 6 pints (Imperial), so one of your gallons would cost us in the region of $5.90.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

$2.70 this weekend.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Galbally;588704 wrote: Erm € 1.08.7 per litre? What ever that is in Dollars per gallon I don't know, but its more expensive than in America anyway, that I do know. :thinking:

Yeah that would come out to about $5.50 a gallon here...

That's extremely expensive...
fisher

Post by fisher »

we are paying 1.15 per liter, very expensive
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!
gmc

Post by gmc »

Tater Tazz;588652 wrote: With rising gas prices, yet again, just in time for summer. What is the current price where you are?

:confused: We buy gas by weight over here, 13kg of butane is about £17

http://www.flogas.co.uk/buy-online/cyli ... regulator/

9kg of propane (which i prefer as even at this time of year butane will freeze overnight. is £16

http://www.flogas.co.uk/buy-online/cyli ... er-refill/

Don't know what that equates to in litres.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

$2.69 gallon
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

cheapest I saw this weekend was $2.59, most places are hovering around $2.79
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
minks

Post by minks »

what is a litre converted to gallons?

We are still under the buck

96.9/litre here today.

Crikey Fisher that will be our summer time prices out here guaranteed
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks;589319 wrote: what is a litre converted to gallons?

We are still under the buck

96.9/litre here today.

Crikey Fisher that will be our summer time prices out here guaranteed

4.55 l / gal imperial

3.64 l / gal US (I think)

We're paying about $1.75 / litre at the moment.
minks

Post by minks »

OMG the next person from this city that complains about prices of gas I am giving them this link....

― Mae West
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

just paid 2.61....OUCH!!:-1
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Gas prices are up this morning from $2.69 yesterday to $2.75. :(
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Regular=$ arm and a leg

Premium= $ the shirt off my back
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

WonderWendy3;589634 wrote: just paid 2.61....OUCH!!:-1

Since we live in the same city.... 2.61 hurts- especially in an SUV:-5
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

well, it is now $2.98 a gallon here.
Indian Princess

Post by Indian Princess »

It's down to $3.10 a gallon, I have been hoofin it to work. (walkin)
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

$3.03 per gallon at the moment
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

$2.93 for regular..:(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
dubs

Post by dubs »

Gah!!! F*&%^$£*&&^^%&£"@.......:-5 :-5 :-5 :-5

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

I agree with you Dubs - Far too expensive!!!
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Indian Princess

Post by Indian Princess »

$3.23 here in Michigan
spot

Post by spot »

Did anyone notice the oil price broke past $80 a barrel today? New territory, that. It was under $20 when the Coalition started bombing Afghanistan. The hike's bigger now than when the Yom Kippur War and the subsequent oil embargo happened in 1973.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

If my calculations are correct gas now costs approx. $7.50 per gallon in UK :-3 (@ 1 pound per litre in UK?????)

Makes what we pay here in the US seem not so bad :)
gmc

Post by gmc »

ThePheasant;710406 wrote: If my calculations are correct gas now costs approx. $7.50 per gallon in UK :-3 (@ 1 pound per litre in UK?????)

Makes what we pay here in the US seem not so bad :)

93.7p per litre but up north it IS over £1 a litre-that's in areas where a car is not a luxury. Especially annoying since we export the stuff.
minks

Post by minks »

gmc;710438 wrote: 93.7p per litre but up north it IS over £1 a litre-that's in areas where a car is not a luxury. Especially annoying since we export the stuff.

we are $.93/litre here

Dunno how long this will last in this province due to our idiot premier wanting to tamper with oil royalties... UGH!!!:-5 I hope this does not happen.

― Mae West
spot

Post by spot »

If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price is up from my previous post of $80 to today's $96 a barrel. That's in 12 days. Gosh. Strike my 4 times higher, make it 5 times higher.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lon

Post by Lon »

PREDICTION---------With oil going to almost $100 a barrel today, I look for Americans to be paying on average $3.50 per gallon by April 1, 2008
spot

Post by spot »

Has anyone offered a reason for it, given that supplies are steady and sufficient at the moment? Is this stockpiling on account of George "Tribulation" Bush and his apocalyptic notions of bringing on the Second Coming?
Lon

Post by Lon »

spot;714867 wrote: Has anyone offered a reason for it, given that supplies are steady and sufficient at the moment? Is this stockpiling on account of George "Tribulation" Bush and his apocalyptic notions of bringing on the Second Coming?

I believe it's due impart to the declining value of the U.S. $ in relation to other currencies, in addition, as Mars and Jupiter fall into juxtaposition with the sun and moon, coupled with the fact that the Amazon River at this point is at an all time high due to excessive rain, you have a situation that creates uncertainty in the financial markets. Bush & Co. have nothing to do with it.
spot

Post by spot »

How can you mention "the declining value of the U.S. $ in relation to other currencies" and then say "Bush & Co. have nothing to do with it"? Who else do you think devalued the dollar? His administration's taken it from $1.40 to $2.05 against the pound, which means you now have to earn $14,600 to buy what used to only cost $10,000 if you're talking imported goods. Have average earnings gone up that much during the Bush years?

Which President kept saying "It's the economy, stupid"?
Lon

Post by Lon »

spot;714946 wrote: How can you mention "the declining value of the U.S. $ in relation to other currencies" and then say "Bush & Co. have nothing to do with it"? Who else do you think devalued the dollar? His administration's taken it from $1.40 to $2.05 against the pound, which means you now have to earn $14,600 to buy what used to only cost $10,000 if you're talking imported goods. Have average earnings gone up that much during the Bush years?

Which President kept saying "It's the economy, stupid"?

I am not a Bush & Co. fan, Spot, but there are economic factors that come into play irrespective of who is president. Bush and company just happen to be at the helm at this point. The Home Loan Debacle and massive home foreclosures is an example. The ripple effect of these home foreclosures will continue to clobber our economy for months to come, perhaps years.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lon;714971 wrote: I am not a Bush & Co. fan, Spot, but there are economic factors that come into play irrespective of who is president. Bush and company just happen to be at the helm at this point. The Home Loan Debacle and massive home foreclosures is an example. The ripple effect of these home foreclosures will continue to clobber our economy for months to come, perhaps years.

Sorry Lon, but if you destabalise the major oil producing region by starting a war there and destabalise the major world ecconomy by spending way more than the country's earning then you have to be held accountable for the result.

Step forward Mr G. W. Bush and claim your reward.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Lon;714971 wrote: I am not a Bush & Co. fan, Spot, but there are economic factors that come into play irrespective of who is president. Bush and company just happen to be at the helm at this point. The Home Loan Debacle and massive home foreclosures is an example. The ripple effect of these home foreclosures will continue to clobber our economy for months to come, perhaps years.

Who regulates your financial institutions-or rather decides how it is regulated?
Lon

Post by Lon »

gmc;715263 wrote: Who regulates your financial institutions-or rather decides how it is regulated?

There are a host of Federal Agencies as well as State Regulatory Bodies that prescribe the do's and don'ts of how everything from Credit Unions, Insurance Companies, Stock Brokerage Companies, Finance Companies, Mortgage Companies, & Banks operate. For example, some insurance companies are allowed to operate in some states and not in others.The U.S. Stock Market is overseen by the SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission). Banking by the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation). Credit Unions by the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration). Then, there are the non Federal organizations for each of the above that are suppose to keep a reign on individuals and organizations that abuse the laws, they listen to grievances, impose penalties and fines, arrange arbitration. Needless to say, changes are not quickly made and no one person is responsible for what happens day to day.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Lon;714933 wrote: I believe it's due impart to the declining value of the U.S. $ in relation to other currencies, in addition, as Mars and Jupiter fall into juxtaposition with the sun and moon, coupled with the fact that the Amazon River at this point is at an all time high due to excessive rain, you have a situation that creates uncertainty in the financial markets. Bush & Co. have nothing to do with it.

No Chit !

Thats what Ive been saying all along.

Also oil brokers speculating have very much to do with the prices.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Way to friggin' expensive for my liking :-5

It cost me £50 per week to fill up :mad:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Also apparently the oil brokers are drunk.

GLAD TO GET LAGER BEER.; SOME OIL BROKERS WHO FORMERLY DRANK CHAMPAGNE.

"Yes," said a Beaver-street oil dealer as he tilted back in his office chair, "the good old days of oil speculation are over; the days when the market would dump 20 and 30 cents a barrel either way in as many minutes, I fear, are past and gone never to return," and the petroleum diplomat laid a leg over a corner of his desk and sighed.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

spot;714787 wrote: If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price is up from my previous post of $80 to today's $96 a barrel. That's in 12 days. Gosh. Strike my 4 times higher, make it 5 times higher.

If anyone blinked and missed it, the oil price is up from my previous post of $80 to today's $112.21 a barrel. So much for the Project for the New American Century, what a collection of involuntarily flaccid erectile tissue they turned out to be.
Santanico

Post by Santanico »

OK, after some conversion, I've worked out that here in Aus we're paying up to $1.50 per litre which works out to be about US$5.30 per gallon. (I think:-3)

That sucks!!!

Return to “General Chit Chat”