Explain Your User Name

A place to explain or ask another member to explain the meaning behind their avatar.
Carl44

Explain Your User Name

Post by Carl44 »

Red;465482 wrote: oh pffft as id ud object to a bunch of girlies ganging up on you btw...liking the compliments lots...pls continue babe :D

I believe the monkey hanging thing is correct, they mistook it for a spy :confused: ....although i dont know the proper tale, maybe someone could elaborate on it?

as i understand it during one of the many wars with the french a ship sank this monkey managed to get ashore and the people of hartlepoole hung it and thought it was a french spy

i swear thats what i heard any one else heard that or more :wah: :wah:
Red

Explain Your User Name

Post by Red »

jimbo;465486 wrote: as i understand it during one of the many wars with the french a ship sank this monkey managed to get ashore and the people of hartlepoole hung it and thought it was a french spy

i swear thats what i heard any one else heard that or more :wah: :wah:

yeh thats it jimbo, ive heard the same thing
Red

Explain Your User Name

Post by Red »

Uncle Kram;310441 wrote: Kram is just Mark backwards. It was SO hilarious in 1971, I don't mind telling you. Unparalleled and never-to-be-forgotten mirth for all present. It's the same reason I call my friends Bob and Hannah, Bob and Hannah.

The Uncle prefix came about in 1981 when our only friend who had a kid added it for the benefit of his son. It's an optional extra but is often used, especially when I'm introduced to people for some reason. Respect I guess :wah:

Yeah...whatever :rolleyes:

you dont half make me chuckle kramster :D :wah:
WonderWendy3

Explain Your User Name

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Bryn Mawr;310158 wrote: As a parallel to explaining your Avatar, why did you choose the name you use?

Some of them are obvoius (Weeder springs to mind) and some less so.

Mine was easy - as I've said elsewhere, Brynmawr is the village in Wales where I was born. Any others?

I usually use names that have either mouse or Turtle in them, which of course have their meanings alone. But thought since this is a new Forum, never joined one before just to join a discussion board....

Anyway, dreaming of having super hero powers....Raising 3 boys on my own and working 2 jobs... So Wonder Woman came to mind...and the number of boys I have...hence WonderWendy3 (my name is Wendy--duh) and then I think its funny that some of you call me WW3...cause that's how I feel some days that I'm in the middle of WW3!!
Bryn Mawr

Explain Your User Name

Post by Bryn Mawr »

WonderWendy3;465531 wrote: I usually use names that have either mouse or Turtle in them, which of course have their meanings alone. But thought since this is a new Forum, never joined one before just to join a discussion board....

Anyway, dreaming of having super hero powers....Raising 3 boys on my own and working 2 jobs... So Wonder Woman came to mind...and the number of boys I have...hence WonderWendy3 (my name is Wendy--duh) and then I think its funny that some of you call me WW3...cause that's how I feel some days that I'm in the middle of WW3!!

Well, if you start WW3 just by standing there, you must be a Wonder Woman - got any photos?

Welcome to the garden BTW.
FlatBlob

Explain Your User Name

Post by FlatBlob »

My website is called the same thing as my username, so it was natural
WonderWendy3

Explain Your User Name

Post by WonderWendy3 »

bumpin' up an old thread for funzies
[love]light

Explain Your User Name

Post by [love]light »

its what i think people need to be happy. its part of my personal dogma.
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

NotToday

Explain Your User Name

Post by NotToday »

NotToday is something my son says a lot. I'll ask him a question and he'll answer me and say "Not today mommy"

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
Tater Tazz

Explain Your User Name

Post by Tater Tazz »

I really do not know why I picked this.
crazygal

Explain Your User Name

Post by crazygal »

Bryn Mawr;310158 wrote: As a parallel to explaining your Avatar, why did you choose the name you use?

Some of them are obvoius (Weeder springs to mind) and some less so.

Mine was easy - as I've said elsewhere, Brynmawr is the village in Wales where I was born. Any others?

I have had the same one since I got a PC because I am crazy and a gal!
Indian Princess

Explain Your User Name

Post by Indian Princess »

Because I am an indian princess
Pheasy

Explain Your User Name

Post by Pheasy »

When registering I just picked the first thing that pinged into my head .....I seriously worry about myself sometimes... I mean a pheasant ... where did that come from:-5
NotToday

Explain Your User Name

Post by NotToday »

ThePheasant;607496 wrote: When registering I just picked the first thing that pinged into my head .....I seriously worry about myself sometimes... I mean a pheasant ... where did that come from:-5

"Not today" is something my son says alot.

I'll say "Hayden, are you ready for bed?" or "Hayden, are you ready for your bath?" and he'll say "NOT TODAY!!!" and go running another room.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
crazygal

Explain Your User Name

Post by crazygal »

Indian Princess;607490 wrote: Because I am an indian princess

She posts so seriously, lol.

Are you rich then too?
Birdy

Explain Your User Name

Post by Birdy »

Irl my name is Merel, which is Dutch for blackbird. :P So, pretty obvious I guess ;)
pinkchick

Explain Your User Name

Post by pinkchick »

Pink is my favourite colour so it had to be in there somewhere.

I just liked the sound of Pinkchick:-4

Although someone who shall remian nameless has kind of re-named me Pink chatter chick:wah:

I like that too:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Pheasy

Explain Your User Name

Post by Pheasy »

pinkchick;611256 wrote: Pink is my favourite colour so it had to be in there somewhere.

I just liked the sound of Pinkchick

Although someone who shall remian nameless has kind of re-named me Pink chatter chick:wah:

I like that too:D

:wah: :wah: Hi ChatterChick
pinkchick

Explain Your User Name

Post by pinkchick »

ThePheasant;611316 wrote: :wah: :wah: Hi ChatterChick

Hi Pheasy:-4 How are you doing today Bird???
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Pheasy

Explain Your User Name

Post by Pheasy »

Just lounging around in my nest - thinking I should go and wash my feathers and get ready for the day :-6 :-6
neffy

Explain Your User Name

Post by neffy »

i was queen neffy in my past life:wah: :wah:
The rottie queen
Ritz

Explain Your User Name

Post by Ritz »

Ritz...

I was given that nick-name cause I am a Lady of Tiltle so hence is why they call me Ritz lol...:)
http://zuluentertainment.ning.com/ http://www.onbux3.com/?ref=ritz

This is my so proud of Zulu Entertainment Site/Now known as ( Lets Make a Diffrence)
kayleneaussie

Explain Your User Name

Post by kayleneaussie »

ummmmmmmmmmmm mines my name:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
SlipStream

Explain Your User Name

Post by SlipStream »

it's a Star Trek term :driving:
Accountable

Explain Your User Name

Post by Accountable »

I wonder why this person chose that nickname. :yh_think

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/member.php?u=9967
chonsigirl

Explain Your User Name

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah:
Midget40

Explain Your User Name

Post by Midget40 »

Well could tell you all I was short (Or being an Aussie I could also be extra tall and get the same name :wah:) but decided to be truthful seeing as I dont know any of you

Midget is the name of the 'heroine in my head' when I used to daydream. She was kind of me - but was also all the things I wished I could be. The daydreams changed but the main charector never did

When I joined my first site a couple of years ago it was the obvious name to choose - and I finally had the chance to BE Her :wah:

Midget was already taken so added the 40 for my age - Yeah I know 40 is a bit old to still have imaginary friends but there you go...

Kept the name for consistency ever since

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2008!
Kathy Ellen

Explain Your User Name

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Midget40;883181 wrote: Well could tell you all I was short (Or being an Aussie I could also be extra tall and get the same name :wah:) but decided to be truthful seeing as I dont know any of you

Midget is the name of the 'heroine in my head' when I used to daydream. She was kind of me - but was also all the things I wished I could be. The daydreams changed but the main charector never did

When I joined my first site a couple of years ago it was the obvious name to choose - and I finally had the chance to BE Her :wah:

Midget was already taken so added the 40 for my age - Yeah I know 40 is a bit old to still have imaginary friends but there you go...

Kept the name for consistency ever since

That's lovely Midget. Welcome to the garden. You should post more in the regular threads:-6
scholle-kid

Explain Your User Name

Post by scholle-kid »

Scholle pronounced show lee is the name of the railroad boom town that was here where I have lived all my life,, it had a post office ,school, hotel 2 stores and a railraod depot,, by the mid 1930's it was a ghost town with 2 families left in the 'township' and just a 3rd class US post office to serve the surrounding ranches,, my grandpa was the post master and thr post office was in a corner of our living room till 1973 when it was closed down due to grandpa turing 65 and forced to retire,,and the kid is what all the kids raised here are called by everyone not raised here " your one of those Scholle kids are'nt you " i think it's because we are all so sweet and charming ,,, and never break all the rules in the book just cuz one of us learnt to read ,,,,:wah::wah: :D
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
G-man

Explain Your User Name

Post by G-man »

Mine is mostly just an old nickname. :cool:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Odie

Explain Your User Name

Post by Odie »

Garfield and Odie of course, love that cute stupid dog!
Life is just to short for drama.
jessicaabruno

Explain Your User Name

Post by jessicaabruno »

Just my name because its way easier to remember it. Then some screename.

penslinger

Explain Your User Name

Post by penslinger »

As I explained in another thread, I like to write poetry and short stories.

To kill 2 birds with one stone...

my avatar is a sculpture called The Fremont Bridge Troll located under a bridge in Seattle.

One of my favorite movies is 10 Things I Hate About You and this statue was in it.

So when I got a chance to go to Seattle, I told my friends that if I see nothing else, I want to see that.
*Mo*

Explain Your User Name

Post by *Mo* »

Hi:)

Mo just short for my name Maureen

not very inventive im afraid!
Oscar Namechange

Explain Your User Name

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jimbo;1101936 wrote: that will do for a mo :-6:-6

welcome to fg :):):)

TOSSER :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Explain Your User Name

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My name is after my cat Oscar.

Oscar is a pedigree Persian long haired. he has won a show in his first year. He is regal, with blue-blood, affectionate, like's cuddles, eats a lot, immaculately groomed, expensive, likes to sleep a lot, and is no trouble.

JUST LIKE ME :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Explain Your User Name

Post by Odie »

oscar;1101946 wrote: My name is after my cat Oscar.

Oscar is a pedigree Persian long haired. he has won a show in his first year. He is regal, with blue-blood, affectionate, like's cuddles, eats a lot, immaculately groomed, expensive, likes to sleep a lot, and is no trouble.

JUST LIKE ME :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

your a pedigree?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Carolly

Explain Your User Name

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1101946 wrote: My name is after my cat Oscar.

JUST LIKE ME :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflYes dear you have alot of Catish ( made that word up) ways:rolleyes::p

My name Carolly is a hard one to work out :D:driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
SlipStream

Explain Your User Name

Post by SlipStream »

taken from stat trek's Slipstream warp drive:-6
Boogalette

Explain Your User Name

Post by Boogalette »

This is from a Jan Siberry song. It's different from my other board name. I wanted a fresh start here.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
qsducks

Explain Your User Name

Post by qsducks »

Boogalette;1171529 wrote: This is from a Jan Siberry song. It's different from my other board name. I wanted a fresh start here.

Jeez, and I'm thinking he/she is picking:yh_rotfl
scholle-kid

Explain Your User Name

Post by scholle-kid »

Scholle is the name of the ' ghost' town where I was raised and still live . It was a real town up till the late 1940's when everyone moved to bigger towns ,because of the drought and depression and WW2. My family has a ranch here and my grand dad was postmaster of the post office that was in a corner our front room. I'm a 4Th generation Scholle kid..
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
Swimming maggie

Explain Your User Name

Post by Swimming maggie »

scholle-kid;1186778 wrote: Scholle is the name of the ' ghost' town where I was raised and still live . It was a real town up till the late 1940's when everyone moved to bigger towns ,because of the drought and depression and WW2. My family has a ranch here and my grand dad was postmaster of the post office that was in a corner our front room. I'm a 4Th generation Scholle kid..

Mine was a simple choice, Maggie is a shortened version of Margaret, my christian name, and swimming is my favourite hobby, so thats how swimming maggie came about:)
Chockygirl

Explain Your User Name

Post by Chockygirl »

This has been a really interesing thread for me to read.

As a newbie,I've been wondering about some of your user names and why you ended up choosing them.

As for me,mine is self explanatory.

I LOVE CHOCKY!!:wah:

Attached files
hoppy

Explain Your User Name

Post by hoppy »

I am a man of many names. Some are repeatable. When I was a wee snot, I loved Red Ryder and Hopalong Cassidy cowboy movies and comic books. "Red" didn't fit so people started calling me "hoppy".:D
farmer giles

Explain Your User Name

Post by farmer giles »

more than one person has said i'm a pain in the arse so cockney ryming slang for piles is ...... farmer giles :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “Explain Your Avatar!”