Inversion Therapy

Issues relating specifically to men's health.
Mustang

Inversion Therapy

Post by Mustang »

Has anybody tried inversion therapy for back pain or sciatica?

My physician has recommended inversion therapy for me due to a back injury and I plan on trying it next week since I am opting out of surgery.

I have been reading up on this type of therapy on the net. Here's a link:

http://www.energycenter.com/grav_f/inver_rx.html

Any thoughts about this?
WonderWendy3

Inversion Therapy

Post by WonderWendy3 »

NO, never tried that...would be interesting I think. I suffer from back pain, not sure why though. Trying to remedy it myself instead of going to Doctor.

I went to a massage thearpist for the first time almost 2 weeks ago, going again on Monday..getting a little better.
Carl44

Inversion Therapy

Post by Carl44 »

Mustang;581741 wrote: Has anybody tried inversion therapy for back pain or sciatica?

My physician has recommended inversion therapy for me due to a back injury and I plan on trying it next week since I am opting out of surgery.

Any thoughts about this?

right you hang yourself upside down to cure your back problem ,could be a winner , i mean how many bats do you know that have back problems , i for one dont know of any :D
Mustang

Inversion Therapy

Post by Mustang »

jimbo;581750 wrote: right you hang yourself upside down to cure your back problem ,could be a winner , i mean how many bats do you know that have back problems , i for one dont know of any :D

:wah: My thoughts exactly!

Better than going under the knife like Soberano said, and massage therapy didn't work for me like it's helping some for WW.
koan

Inversion Therapy

Post by koan »

I've tried one of those inversion things and the second I was upside down I got a splitting headache. Absolutely brutal. I almost screamed.

An acquaintance, who has had numerous back operations before, got something called a gravity chair that makes you feel like you are weightless and floating. It was really expensive but a hell of a lot better than the inversion device and you can watch telly while you're in it. His surgeries have been a source of problem for him but he said the chair has made a huge difference.
koan

Inversion Therapy

Post by koan »

It's a "Zero Gravity Chair"

http://www.zerogravitychair.co.uk/
Carl44

Inversion Therapy

Post by Carl44 »

koan;581763 wrote: I've tried one of those inversion things and the second I was upside down I got a splitting headache. Absolutely brutal. I almost screamed.

An acquaintance, who has had numerous back operations before, got something called a gravity chair that makes you feel like you are weightless and floating. It was really expensive but a hell of a lot better than the inversion device and you can watch telly while you're in it. His surgeries have been a source of problem for him but he said the chair has made a huge difference.

hey koanie , you do know when you go upside down the end with your head on must clear the floor , or else you could indeed end up with a head ache no need to thank me , just part the friendly service :D :D
Mustang

Inversion Therapy

Post by Mustang »

koan;581765 wrote: It's a "Zero Gravity Chair"

Thanks for the link to this chair Koan. :) Will check it out too.
SuzyB

Inversion Therapy

Post by SuzyB »

koan;581765 wrote: It's a "Zero Gravity Chair"

I just called them and prices' start from £1500.00 uk pounds :( It looks really good though
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

koan

Inversion Therapy

Post by koan »

Or it might have been that person's foot kicking the back of it when no one was looking. :(
koan

Inversion Therapy

Post by koan »

SuzyB;581769 wrote: I just called them and prices' start from £1500.00 uk pounds :( It looks really good though

It's expensive but I sat in it for about half an hour and it was unbelievable. You feel completely weightless.
SuzyB

Inversion Therapy

Post by SuzyB »

koan;581773 wrote: It's expensive but I sat in it for about half an hour and it was unbelievable. You feel completely weightless.

I am calling them back on Monday to speak to the guy who owns the company :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

valerie

Inversion Therapy

Post by valerie »

Well it would sure be nice to get ANYTHING to relieve my sciatica.

Mine's not in my back, though, I get a real sharp stab of pain (like

someone's hit me with a knife!) just about in the center of my right

you-know-what.

Now, when anyone says "pain in the butt" I REALLY know what they

mean...

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Patsy Warnick

Inversion Therapy

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Yes - I've tried everything - hanging upside down relieves alot of pain & discomfort.

Before purchasing a special chair - try a park/elementary school grounds and hand from the monkey bars etc. to see if it brings you relief - it will..

You could try hanging over the arm of your sofa or the edge of your bed - a hand stand up against a wall - its just a good stretch and releases that problem area.

Good luck

Patsy
Mustang

Inversion Therapy

Post by Mustang »

Mustang;581741 wrote: Has anybody tried inversion therapy for back pain or sciatica?

Inversion therapy works! My wife bought a table that I use in our home. I have been using it for 6 weeks now. Pain is totally gone. :-6 I use this table once in the morning and in the evening.
WonderWendy3

Inversion Therapy

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Mustang;606105 wrote: Inversion therapy works! My wife bought a table that I use in our home. I have been using it for 6 weeks now. Pain is totally gone. :-6 I use this table once in the morning and in the evening.

That is cool, would love to have one!! I'm happy for you that the pain is gone!:)

Return to “Men's Health”