URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Discussion and advice relating to your pet's nutritional needs.
Richard Bell

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Richard Bell »

A massive pet food recall is in place in the USA and Canada after ten cats and dogs died of kidney failure in the United States shortly after consuming certain brands of food from the same manufacturer.

Callers complained their animals had fallen ill although no direct link to the food was established.

Menu Foods has posted a list of products affected by the recall on its website.

The company said it discovered that "timing of the production associated with these complaints coincides with the introduction of an ingredient from a new supplier." It says it stopped using this ingredient shortly after this discovery.

The recall affects products made between Dec. 3, 2006, and March 6 at two of its American facilities in Emporia, Kan., and Pennsauken, N.J.

Menu's other plants are in North Sioux City, S.D., and Streetsville.

The Menu Foods customer service hotline can be reached at 866-463-6738 for more information on what brands were affected.

Here is the full news story :

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/0 ... odbad.html

This is a link to the Canadian distributor, although it seems to list several US brands as well :

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/index.html

EDIT >>> Further googling and checking confirms the lists on menufoods.com contain all the brands for the USA and Canada.
Richard Bell

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Richard Bell »

UPDATE :

Another company seems to be selling bad pet food .

From cbc.ca :

A $50-million class-action lawsuit was filed Tuesday in Toronto against Royal Canin — a multibillion-dollar French company that supplies the Canadian pet-food market.

The lawsuit seeks compensation for anyone who has purchased Royal Canin

dog or cat food since Aug. 1, 2004.

It is suspected that the Royal Canin food has far too much Vitamin D in it. One Toronto area dog owner wound up with a CDN$40,000 vet bill and a chronically ill pet after feeding her Lab this stuff.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/0 ... wsuit.html
Richard Bell

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Richard Bell »

UPDATE:

CBC Radio is reporting rat poison has been found in the suspect pet food:

The chemical is aminopterin, New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker said in a statement. Aminopterin can cause cancer, birth defects and kidney damage in dogs and cats, the department said.

Aminopterin is used as a rat poison in some countries, but is not registered for that purpose in Canada or the U.S.

ABC News reported the chemical was on wheat imported from China.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/0 ... ecall.html

Why the hell is Menu Foods importing toxic crap wheat from China when the praries of North America is awash with it? No doubt, it was dirt cheap, so their profit margin would be larger.

Meanwhile, our society is victimised by the don't give a damn about anything mentality of the Chinese economy.
Nermal

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Nermal »

I think the answer is to ban commercial food and make and buy your own pet food, then cook and prepare it yourself. I now do and its definitely worth it.
Jerry

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Jerry »

I heard about this. Just awful. I hope all the animals come back and bit them in their butt..stupid "you know what" people.

What is wrong with people? People are afraid to let their kids go out for Halloween because people put things in their candy. Why can't they just not give candy out if they are against kids coming to their home for Halloween?

It's getting so that you have to watch your food everywhere you go now a days.

:rolleyes:
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

i BUY a brand that is dry food, for my cat and its at the local store and not the veterinary and i found out that its both 10 times cheaper, in fact more, and 10 times better than the one they sella t the veterinary.

and my cats dotn want no veterinary thing.. they want that one and thats for good reaosns.

i used to feed cat with stuff i made myself.. i had a vegetarian cat once, and he only eat proteins and corn spires floor with water.. and h laso like eating carrots and stealing ches, all the time..:rolleyes:

he was very healthy, and got no problems ever. He never saw a veterinary in his life, and he wasnt castrated and he runed outisde in the ocuntry a lot and like to chasse litttle missy around. :p

He was also afraid of bird,a nd he eat 2 bowl of protein everyday.

the corns spires thing gave him all vitamins he needed.

he refused to eat meat and that was it. fish the same.

but soem unknown brand are often better than the advertised ones and they are cheaper. just look what it is made with and avoid those with fish bones and added vitamins like pestilence.
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;777587 wrote: I heard about this. Just awful. I hope all the animals come back and bit them in their butt..stupid "you know what" people.

What is wrong with people? People are afraid to let their kids go out for Halloween because people put things in their candy. Why can't they just not give candy out if they are against kids coming to their home for Halloween?

It's getting so that you have to watch your food everywhere you go now a days.

:rolleyes:

yes, thats right Jerry, specially when your cat is around! LMAO! :wah: ;)
Jerry

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;777590 wrote: yes, thats right Jerry, specially when your cat is around! LMAO! :wah: ;)

I'm going to send him to you, baby... that will teach you. :p LOL

No, wait.. I will have to pay more because of his weight..never mind. :rolleyes: LOL
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

Jerry;777592 wrote: I'm going to send him to you, baby... that will teach you. :p LOL

No, wait.. I will have to pay more because of his weight..never mind. :rolleyes: LOL

LOL :wah:

just do that baby, you cant take him as bagage accompagné thats for sure! :p

I will teach him to eat what he need to and my other cat will teach him ot miaw like a baby.. anyhow he will feel so weird here that i am sure he wil do as i tell him to.

Dont forget that i can talk to roses, so cats thats peanuts for me..:D :wah:
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

hii Jerry... :-4 ;)

:p
Jerry

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;777606 wrote: LOL :wah:

just do that baby, you cant take him as bagage accompagné thats for sure! :p

I will teach him to eat what he need to and my other cat will teach him ot miaw like a baby.. anyhow he will feel so weird here that i am sure he wil do as i tell him to.

Dont forget that i can talk to roses, so cats thats peanuts for me..:D :wah:

You couldn't do it, hun. This cat is something else. No one eats until he gets his first. Well, unless you can deal with him running around like a chicken with its head cut off.. past your feet.
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

I will give him beans or chili con caren for a week that will have him thinking beofre eating.. :D
Jerry

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Jerry »

Geronimo;777695 wrote: I will give him beans or chili con caren for a week that will have him thinking beofre eating.. :D

ps: go see your pm box sweetheart also i woul like ot go our place now..:)

You're not giving my baby no chili. :mad:
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

well my cat is completely wild with it..

he was raised eatign form a school kitchen where to cook was from Chili.. ( no sh--) so he get wild also wiht olive..

try to have your cat smell an olive and see hjow wild they get rolling themselves on it on the floor like they were in trance..

and you? you like chili? :p
Jerry

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Jerry »

Hun, your box is full. Mine is clear, and I can get yours, but I can't send a reply back because yours is full. :p:wah:
Geronimo

URGENT! Pet Food Recall

Post by Geronimo »

no mine is emptied nwo but did you get mine the latest? you seee how crazy that hting is? they made it reall good when the calculated how long it will take ot get people nmad before they buy h eexended version and what was the minimum to chose of storage to make it really impossible for fox to do it without extension.. i told you sweetie. you send 2 and thats 4 already.. youc ant receuive both answer. here thats because i cant delete befroe i have receive.. i thoguth i f i deleete the outbox maybe you cant read them..

i am not sure..:p

my tyoping is getting better and better.. you think its the stage fright or just age?

:-1 :p :-3:-2 :wah:

Return to “Your Pet's Diet”