91 year old Roofer.

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Carl44

91 year old Roofer.

Post by Carl44 »

Soberano;575779 wrote: This ever happen to you Jimbo.:D

A 91-year-old German sparked a rescue operation when he slipped mending his roof and got stuck fast in tar "like a beetle on its back," police said on Tuesday.

Passers-by were so shocked to see the elderly handyman working on the roof they first thought he was planning to commit suicide, according to police in the eastern city of Magdeburg.

"In fact he was just re-coating the roofing with bitumen. But then he slipped," said a spokesman for police.

"When we got there, he was like a beetle on its back, with his arms and legs sprawled out and completely glued to the roof," he added. "Due to his age, he couldn't free himself from his unfortunate situation."

Local firemen carefully detached the man using ropes and ladders. He was unharmed, but had sticky clothes, police said.

as soon as I saw the title I knew :wah:

yes mate I use solvents on a fully adhered rubber roof I have actually stuck myself to a flat roof, The worst thing is if your working in a confined area like a valley ,you get high as a kite not a good thing if your 50 foot up :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Indian Princess

91 year old Roofer.

Post by Indian Princess »

oH MY!!!!!!! Do you know how long the gentlemen was stuck in that position?
lucylane

91 year old Roofer.

Post by lucylane »

That poor old guy. It's amazing though at his age that he made it up on the roof to do his own repairs.

:)
Bryn Mawr

91 year old Roofer.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

lucylane;638754 wrote: That poor old guy. It's amazing though at his age that he made it up on the roof to do his own repairs.

:)

My son in law's father went up to repair the garage roof during a storm.

He's 87 and has been registered blind for 20 years so it's no surprise he came down the quick way. Always was an independant old bugger!

He's now recovered from the broken pelvis and has agreed to call s-i-l out if it happens again :-)

Return to “General Chit Chat”