Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Discuss NASCAR, CART, Outlaws, and others.
Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

For those peeps who follow F1,

what are your early predictions!

For me Im gonna put my money on Lewis Hamilton for a stormer of a debut season!:driving: Also Kimi i think will shine this season
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

I cannot bloody wait!!!! Less than a month to go, I've started to get excited about this season. Not only Schumacher gone, but a crop of new, very fast young drivers making their debut! I can see some of these newbies slightly embarrassing some of their big name team mates. As you've mentioned Rosette, Hamilton( damn he's fast )might have an edge on Alonso, due to him testing for McLaren last year! Hieki Kovaleinen moves into Renault, I can see him knocking over Giancarlo Fisichella, who can be fast but erratic...My Dark Horse, is Robert Kubica of BMW Sauber, very quick! I think you might be right about Kimi Raikkonen, if the Ferrari is as reliable for him,as it was for Schumacher, he should be unstopable..................:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

dubs;556752 wrote: I cannot bloody wait!!!! Less than a month to go, I've started to get excited about this season. Not only Schumacher gone, but a crop of new, very fast young drivers making their debut! I can see some of these newbies slightly embarrassing some of their big name team mates. As you've mentioned Rosette, Hamilton( damn he's fast )might have an edge on Alonso, due to him testing for McLaren last year! Hieki Kovaleinen moves into Renault, I can see him knocking over Giancarlo Fisichella, who can be fast but erratic...My Dark Horse, is Robert Kubica of BMW Sauber, very quick! I think you might be right about Kimi Raikkonen, if the Ferrari is as reliable for him,as it was for Schumacher, he should be unstopable..................:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

aww yes Kubica..i think reliability maybe a problem tho!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its exciting!
Bryn Mawr

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Bryn Mawr »

dubs;556752 wrote: I cannot bloody wait!!!! Less than a month to go, I've started to get excited about this season. Not only Schumacher gone, but a crop of new, very fast young drivers making their debut! I can see some of these newbies slightly embarrassing some of their big name team mates. As you've mentioned Rosette, Hamilton( damn he's fast )might have an edge on Alonso, due to him testing for McLaren last year! Hieki Kovaleinen moves into Renault, I can see him knocking over Giancarlo Fisichella, who can be fast but erratic...My Dark Horse, is Robert Kubica of BMW Sauber, very quick! I think you might be right about Kimi Raikkonen, if the Ferrari is as reliable for him,as it was for Schumacher, he should be unstopable..................:driving: :driving: :driving:

Pah - I spit upon your F1!

The only excitement is in the pitstops the rest is processional.

Give me MotoGP or WSB and day of the week - and WSB starts next weekend :-6
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

I watch both of those as well Bryn!.....I'm a petrolhead....:)

dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Rosette;556754 wrote: aww yes Kubica..i think reliability maybe a problem tho!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its exciting!

24 Days....2 Hours....35 Minutes Til the start of the first F1 GP in Melbourne...

........Is that Geeky?......:thinking:

Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

Bryn Mawr;556755 wrote: Pah - I spit upon your F1!

The only excitement is in the pitstops the rest is processional.

Give me MotoGP or WSB and day of the week - and WSB starts next weekend :-6

The sport has got better! but I would concur more improvements need to be made.......... but its still good tho!
Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

dubs;556758 wrote: 24 Days....2 Hours....35 Minutes Til the start of the first F1 GP in Melbourne...

........Is that Geeky?......:thinking:

Totally!:-2
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Rosette;556760 wrote: Totally!:-2

Cool!:wah:

Bryn Mawr

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Bryn Mawr »

dubs;556757 wrote: I watch both of those as well Bryn!.....I'm a petrolhead....:)

and a right good season we're in for as well - already the 800s are faster than last years 990s and they've not started racing yet.

As for the WSB, Toseland might be good but how can Ducatti not have found room for Neil Hodgson?

Ho hum - we'll soon see how it goes. First ten within 5 seconds of the winner and half a dozen overtakes on the last lap - that's racing :-)
Bryn Mawr

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky;556765 wrote: Yeah, MotoGP for me too!!!

Far more exciting!!

I sooo wanna be on those bikes!

I am - every week they race :wah:
Bryn Mawr

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky;556768 wrote: I was on for Hayden last year and he won...I'm up for Toseland this year!

and he has a damn'd good chance of winning too
K.Snyder

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by K.Snyder »

Pinky;556765 wrote: Yeah, MotoGP for me too!!!

Far more exciting!!

I sooo wanna be on those bikes!

Everytime I see them going around the turns that's when I say "Ok, this is where the bike slips out and he goes flying off into the grass"...But no,...

It's actually astonishing...

Oh, and about the OP,..My moneys not on Montoya. :wah:
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

23 Days....09 Hours....59 Minutes now!:driving:

Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

hmmmm I'm sure this thread was supposed to be about F1 :driving:

Cool tag dubs btw!!!!
Romany

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Romany »

I'd put money on Hamilton too, and even though Kimi has now defected to the oppsition :mad: i think he's really gonna be the one to watch this season.....
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Kimis problem has always been reliability though! Now he's inherited the most reliable car/engine/tyre combo in F1. Don't forget all the old Michelin runners, are playing catch-up in the tyre stakes....;) Can't wait!!!!!!:D

Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

Well I'm hoping Ferrari delivers for him...... I could have cried for him the last two years with all the reliability probs he's been having!

Have you ever watched a live race Dubs?
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

:) Yes I have Rosette, where I live is about 35-40 minutes from Silverstone, 15 mins from Donnington Park, Mallory Park is about half an hour away! I haven't been to Silverstone on race day for a few years, coz the cost began to get ridiculous, if I couldn't afford race tickets, I'd go on Saturdays (half the price and you get two practice sessions + qualifying + six/seven support races). Have you been to a race weekend?.....My usual spot was about 50 yards from where Schumacher drove into the wall and bust his leg (I was there that day) :)

Romany

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Romany »

I bet that was an experience dubs!!! I've never been to a race, but oneof my cousins has been to a fair few. To date he's been to Canada, Spa, Australia, Hockenheim, Nurburgring and Monza......lucky git!
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Well obviously your daughter has "taste" then.......I bet she doesn't support Man Utd either.......:wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:

Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

dubs;557425 wrote: :) Yes I have Rosette, where I live is about 35-40 minutes from Silverstone, 15 mins from Donnington Park, Mallory Park is about half an hour away! I haven't been to Silverstone on race day for a few years, coz the cost began to get ridiculous, if I couldn't afford race tickets, I'd go on Saturdays (half the price and you get two practice sessions + qualifying + six/seven support races). Have you been to a race weekend?.....My usual spot was about 50 yards from where Schumacher drove into the wall and bust his leg (I was there that day) :)

wow lucky you!!!

we have got as far as planning to go...... Silverstone used to be held a week or so after my birthday..... so we did plan to go for my birthday a couple of times...but something always came up :yh_cry
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Soberano;558614 wrote: My daughter and her partner quite often attend the races cos his sister is knocking of one of the pit mechanics or someone similar and they get into the pits free and all sorts. I don't pay any attention to half of what they go on about with F1 cos i have no interest in it.

You have no soul!.......:D

SuzyB

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by SuzyB »

Soberano;558614 wrote: My daughter and her partner quite often attend the races cos his sister is knocking of one of the pit mechanics or someone similar and they get into the pits free and all sorts. I don't pay any attention to half of what they go on about with F1 cos i have no interest in it.

Oh er:thinking: :cool:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Carl44

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Carl44 »

Soberano;557572 wrote: I prefer Moto GP any day.

My daughter and her partner watch the car thingy you are on about, i fancy Penelope Pitstop this year.:D

tut tut tut soberahole

once again a serious thread taken off track (no pun) by this foolish joker

any way i'm going to see the film about arton senna

poor wieldings and a funeral ..... ho hum :-3 :-3
K.Snyder

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by K.Snyder »

Their one race they have here in the US is only about an hour and a half from where I live...Funny thing is, is that's closer to where I live than any Nextel cup sanctioned track...Go figure.
SuzyB

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by SuzyB »

K.Snyder;558786 wrote: Their one race they have here in the US is only about an hour and a half from where I live...Funny thing is, is that's closer to where I live than any Nextel cup sanctioned track...Go figure.

Are you going to watch it?
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

K.Snyder

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by K.Snyder »

SuzyB;558787 wrote: Are you going to watch it?

I don't know...

I was thinking about how much the tickets were, accompanied with when it started and if it fell on a day in which we were racing ourselves.

But I wouldn't mind going...We like all racing...
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Rosette;558568 wrote: wow lucky you!!!

we have got as far as planning to go...... Silverstone used to be held a week or so after my birthday..... so we did plan to go for my birthday a couple of times...but something always came up :yh_cry

Rosette, take no notice of the Jim and Soberdoofus show(it's like having to put up with annoying adverts in a really good TV prog). You really have to see these cars "live", telly does not do them justice! This is a cheapo way to do it...:-6

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/ra_f1test.php

Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

dubs;558803 wrote: Rosette, take no notice of the Jim and Soberdoofus show(it's like having to put up with annoying adverts in a really good TV prog). You really have to see these cars "live", telly does not do them justice! This is a cheapo way to do it...:-6

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/html/ra_f1test.php

lol i see what u mean about adverts :wah:

as for the practise days...... i got all excited couldn't believe tickets are only a tenner!......but alas dates fall very close to my holiday.....so wouldn't be able to make it.......so I'm gutted now :yh_cry
Rosette

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by Rosette »

K.Snyder;558790 wrote: I don't know...

I was thinking about how much the tickets were, accompanied with when it started and if it fell on a day in which we were racing ourselves.

But I wouldn't mind going...We like all racing...

you must go!
dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Soberano;559081 wrote: Hey dubs, soberdufus, i like that. Jimbo would have loved to have got that one in first.

Oh. Hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face with mild green, Fairy Liquid.

Right, adverts over, carry on talking about you're brum brums.:D

Git!.....:yh_rotfl

dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Rosette;559074 wrote: lol i see what u mean about adverts :wah:

as for the practise days...... i got all excited couldn't believe tickets are only a tenner!......but alas dates fall very close to my holiday.....so wouldn't be able to make it.......so I'm gutted now :yh_cry

Bunk off for a day!......Go on, you know you want to!.......:driving: :yh_whistl

dubs

Hedge ya bets for F1 07

Post by dubs »

Soberano;559107 wrote: Git am i. Right, break for the adverts.

Long boring film followed by All because the lady loves milk tray.

Back to the brum brums.

Where's the other half of the dynamic duo? He's not still playing with his large chicken is he? I nearly said c**k then !

Return to “Auto Racing”