Water vs. Coke

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

WATER

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world population.)

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied (in a University of Washington study).

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

COKE

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

Coke will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?
Carl44

Water vs. Coke

Post by Carl44 »

good post crazy chick
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Thanks. I was reading the pub thread and noticed so many love Pepsi or Coke. No wonder there are so many overweight hyper people about. :wah:
YZGI

Water vs. Coke

Post by YZGI »

crazygal;549805 wrote: WATER

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This likely applies to half the world population.)

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied (in a University of Washington study).

Preliminary research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

COKE

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Dang. Did anyone else get thirsty reading this?
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

YZGI;549817 wrote: Dang. Did anyone else get thirsty reading this?

Yeah but never liked Coke, don't fancy water, a Sprite would be nice though. :D
YZGI

Water vs. Coke

Post by YZGI »

crazygal;549819 wrote: Yeah but never liked Coke, don't fancy water, a Sprite would be nice though. :D
If God wanted you too drink coke instead of water he would have made the oceans full of it.
chonsigirl

Water vs. Coke

Post by chonsigirl »

crazygal;549813 wrote: Thanks. I was reading the pub thread and noticed so many love Pepsi or Coke. No wonder there are so many overweight hyper people about. :wah:

Some people are underweight, so this doesn't always apply. In my case, I am underweight, for what I have been all my life.

I always drank diet coke, and the ortho told me not to anymore. Hard to give up one of life's little vices, when you don't really have many vices.

:(
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

YZGI;549821 wrote: If God wanted you too drink coke instead of water he would have made the oceans full of it.

Ha ha true, I'd love a sea of pineapple juice, I'd never leave. :D
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

chonsigirl;549823 wrote: Some people are underweight, so this doesn't always apply. In my case, I am underweight, for what I have been all my life.

I always drank diet coke, and the ortho told me not to anymore. Hard to give up one of life's little vices, when you don't really have many vices.

:(

I know it isn't always the persons fault. I have PSOS which makes me overweight among other things. My cousin and one of my friends drink nothing but coke and have so many health problems and are seriously obese. Both have been told to at least cut down but don't listen. One has been trying for a baby but if she won't try to help herself then it won't happen.
chonsigirl

Water vs. Coke

Post by chonsigirl »

The artifical ingredients in the diet sodas are not very good for a person. And I agree about the too much sugar, it leads to being overweight.

No caffeine for me, mornings are so slow now................
Chookie

Water vs. Coke

Post by Chookie »

chonsigirl;549851 wrote: No caffeine for me

NO CAFFEINE????? - Now that really sucks.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Not even coffee?
Marie5656

Water vs. Coke

Post by Marie5656 »

I do drink soda pop..but sometimes nothing beats a big glass of ice water.
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Yeah iced water in the summer or homemade lemonade with loads of ice. :D
Bill Sikes

Water vs. Coke

Post by Bill Sikes »

Coke won't do what is stated. However, IMO it's still foul crap, as is pepsi and

any other "cola" you care to mention .
Bill Sikes

Water vs. Coke

Post by Bill Sikes »

Marie5656;550166 wrote: B]I do drink soda pop..but sometimes nothing beats a big glass of ice water.

Hm. What is "soda pop"?
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Soberano;550200 wrote: Go on crazy, tell me fresh orange juice is gonna melt me balls, really cheer me up.

Eww I drank loads of that today, glad I don't have balls. :-3 It could give you the trots. :wah:

LOL At Soda Pop plop. Finally someone else who agrees that Coke, Pepsi etc is awful stuff. You only need to rub your teeth together after a mouthful to see how bad the stuff is.

I couldn't drink a JD without it though but that's the only time I ever will.
dubs

Water vs. Coke

Post by dubs »

Soberano;550200 wrote: Go on crazy, tell me fresh orange juice is gonna melt me balls, really cheer me up.

No it won't melt your balls Soberano, but it will give your sugar levels a serious peak. It's sugar in liquid form, that's why diabetics are told to drink fresh OJ to offset a Hypo!..:D

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Marie5656

Water vs. Coke

Post by Marie5656 »

Bill Sikes;550197 wrote: Hm. What is "soda pop"?

That is what we call Coke, or Pepsi or other soft drinks in these parts.
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

crazygal;549805 wrote: WATER

COKE

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

can of coke ta lol :wah:
Bill Sikes

Water vs. Coke

Post by Bill Sikes »

Red;553076 wrote: can of coke ta lol wah:

How does it stay in the "can", instead of eating through the metal?
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

Bill Sikes;553081 wrote: How does it stay in the "can", instead of eating through the metal?

hmm yes...... :thinking: <----thinking
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Very good point. I have tried the toilet test though as I only ever drink the stuff with JD I end up with a lot of the bottle of coke left over so poor it down there, it really does make it gleam.
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

crazygal;553107 wrote: Very good point. I have tried the toilet test though as I only ever drink the stuff with JD I end up with a lot of the bottle of coke left over so poor it down there, it really does make it gleam.

*tuts* what a waste
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Na, more of a waste pouring that stuff down your neck, so full of sugar and acid.
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

crazygal;553114 wrote: Na, more of a waste pouring that stuff down your neck, so full of sugar and acid.

i drink pepsi max so its full of sweeteners and prob acid...far healthier imo :D
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

I don't like the taste of any of them or feeling you get on your teeth. I'll stick with milk. lol
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

crazygal;553144 wrote: I don't like the taste of any of them or feeling you get on your teeth. I'll stick with milk. lol

:yh_sick all i can picture when i see a glass of milk is cow udders....
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Red;553145 wrote: :yh_sick all i can picture when i see a glass of milk is cow udders....

Don't like it? I can drink it by the gallon, Ryan too.
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

no way, only in tea but very very little, when i was pg i got through 2 pints a day though i had serious heartburn and milk was the only thing that eased it, but even then i had to mix strawberry nesquick with it
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

I won't tell you about Nesquik then, lol.

I know a few who don't like milk, I love semi-skimmed. Especially before bed. Your body was probably telling you to drink milk for the baby too. :)
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

crazygal;553159 wrote: I won't tell you about Nesquik then, lol.

I know a few who don't like milk, I love semi-skimmed. Especially before bed. Your body was probably telling you to drink milk for the baby too. :)

what what.....tell me tell me...???????
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Red;553160 wrote: what what.....tell me tell me...???????

I used to give it to Ryan all the time, never now after I was shown a clear tub the same size with the amount of sugar in it. No wonder he was so hyper, lol.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Nesquik_M ... x__5292148
Bill Sikes

Water vs. Coke

Post by Bill Sikes »

Red;553145 wrote: yh_sick all i can picture when i see a glass of milk is cow udders....

Try drinking in the kitchen, instead of the milking parlour.

Seriously, most people get it out of bottles or cartons these days.

HTH.
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

Bill Sikes;553360 wrote: Try drinking in the kitchen, instead of the milking parlour.

Seriously, most people get it out of bottles or cartons these days.

HTH.

lol :wah: thats where im going wrong then bill, ill try that now and get back to you
Red

Water vs. Coke

Post by Red »

crazygal;553164 wrote: I used to give it to Ryan all the time, never now after I was shown a clear tub the same size with the amount of sugar in it. No wonder he was so hyper, lol.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Nesquik_M ... x__5292148

ooooh is that all! i thought you were going to say it was actually made from ground caterpillar's toenails or something!! :D
Richard Bell

Water vs. Coke

Post by Richard Bell »

crazygal;549805 wrote: .

COKE

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The corrosive qualities of Coca Cola noted in this post are urban legend, as are the ideas of "Hazardous Material" signs on trucks, and Coca Cola in police cruisers trunks :

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

The core of the message is sound, though. Excessive soft drink consumption leads to obesity and a heightened risk of diabetes. It's a very unhealthy yet all too common habit.
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Yes as I posted already, my cousin and a friend are very obese from living on the stuff. :(
K.Snyder

Water vs. Coke

Post by K.Snyder »

All I drink is water now these days...

Really, it has nothing to do with being health conscious...I just prefer water because I am starting to dislike the taste of most drinks...That, and water is extremely more thirst quenching...

I still drink a pop every once in a while though.
guppy

Water vs. Coke

Post by guppy »

i like unsweetened tea the best but i have to have at least one glass of diet mountain dew everyday......

and water is nasty.............yuk..............
Santanico

Water vs. Coke

Post by Santanico »

guppy;557519 wrote:

and water is nasty.............yuk..............

.......Does that strike anyone else as a strange thing for a guppy to say? :-2

I drink a lot of water, but will have a Coke every now and then. Obviously it's not good for you, but everything in moderation is my motto
choccyclaire

Water vs. Coke

Post by choccyclaire »

Unfortunately I have an addiction to Coke/Pepsi. :-1 And water is so boring. How can you get in from a hard day at work and think, OMG lets have a lovely glass of water to cheer me up! :thinking:
Indian Princess

Water vs. Coke

Post by Indian Princess »

Been drinking a Coca-Cola everymorning since I was 14 I am now 39 and lets just say WOW!!!!!

I already knew some of that but thanks, cause now, if i get really sick I can sue Coke co.

Just kidding. Thanks good thread.
minks

Water vs. Coke

Post by minks »

I choose beer :D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

Indian Princess;601079 wrote: Been drinking a Coca-Cola everymorning since I was 14 I am now 39 and lets just say WOW!!!!!

I already knew some of that but thanks, cause now, if i get really sick I can sue Coke co.

Just kidding. Thanks good thread.

LMFAO good idea. Cherry Coke I had the other day now that IS yummy!
littlemissgiggle

Water vs. Coke

Post by littlemissgiggle »

I try and drink lots of water but i don't like it plain so i add ornage juice,

i love Dr' Pepper
Trixie Belle

Water vs. Coke

Post by Trixie Belle »

I don't care if a coke can rip right through that piece of meat... it still rocks!

Water... blah. But I am trying to drink more....
anotherlisa

Water vs. Coke

Post by anotherlisa »

I like seltzer or club soda. Especially mandarin orange or raspberry flavor. No calories & no artificial sweeteners. I used to drink a lot of coke, but switched to diet soda for calorie reasons. But eventually, I hated the taste of it. So I settled on seltzer/club soda. It has more taste than plain water, but no calories or weird aftertaste.

Several of the water companies make flavored mineral water. Poland Springs has a lime-raspberry one, as well as mandarin orange, lime & lemon flavors. I'll drink that in the morning.

But you have to check the labels for calories & sweetener info. For example, Dasani puts artificial sweetener in its flavored water. When I tried it, I didn't like the taste. Then I realized when I was reading the label, it had the artificial sweetener in it.
crazygal

Water vs. Coke

Post by crazygal »

anotherlisa;639450 wrote: I like seltzer or club soda. Especially mandarin orange or raspberry flavor. No calories & no artificial sweeteners. I used to drink a lot of coke, but switched to diet soda for calorie reasons. But eventually, I hated the taste of it. So I settled on seltzer/club soda. It has more taste than plain water, but no calories or weird aftertaste.

Several of the water companies make flavored mineral water. Poland Springs has a lime-raspberry one, as well as mandarin orange, lime & lemon flavors. I'll drink that in the morning.

But you have to check the labels for calories & sweetener info. For example, Dasani puts artificial sweetener in its flavored water. When I tried it, I didn't like the taste. Then I realized when I was reading the label, it had the artificial sweetener in it.

I used to drink flavoured water but any here has calories, what a shame. :(

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”